Sign in to follow this  
equicrzy

The puppies are born!

34 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

You know, my husband has thin skin that bruises if you give him a hard look and tears by just lightly brushing up against things.  I confess I hadn't thought about that.  Yeah, that'd be a no-go for me.  I'm sorry you guys are having to weather through this and look like battle scarred gladiators.

I guess, it being so long ago we had a puppy in the house, I had conviently forgotten about this one little detail.

He's  A lot of fun, though and, funny, I laugh at him all the time, the way he bouhces around and barks at everything.

11 minutes ago, horsecrazybvh said:

Ah the puppy teeth, I don’t miss that! :o

Lucky you, Duke is what, almost a year old now?

12 hours ago, horsecrazybvh said:

10 months, and about 85lbs:o

Wow. Big boy. 

Housebreaking... ugh. My FIVE year old mutt little dog is regressing, and pooping in random hidden spots. I know there's a "reason", I can't remember what it is. My mom is home almost all day, and asks him to go outside every time she goes to smoke on the front porch. (About once an hour). He runs under the sofa now every time she says it.  I know the big giant dork pup tigger bounced him once a few weeks ago, but he promptly attacked and put the pup on the ground by the throat, so I don't think he's afraid of him... I'm going to have to crate him while I'm at work and have mom leash him to get him outside while I'm gone. She can't bend down to get him out from under the sofa. 

I do believe pistol's diarrhea problem is food related.

Last night, before bed, his poop was absolutely normal....he had had a quarter cup of the kibble, mixed with boiled chicken and rice,  at his last meal.

This morning,  after a meal of kibble only, squirts.

Could be, the Blue Wilderness, is too rich for his system. My husband just bought a 20 pound bag, too. It's unopened, maybe tractor supply will exchange it.

Pistol goes to the vet again Friday, for his second shots, discussing it with the vet. My husband says he knows what the problem is, pistol is OUR dog.....I don't think we've ever had a, "normal" one.

Edited by equicrzy

2 hours ago, equicrzy said:

I do believe pistol's diarrhea problem is food related.

Last night, before bed, his poop was absolutely normal....he had had a quarter cup of the kibble, mixed with boiled chicken and rice,  at his last meal.

This morning,  after a meal of kibble only, squirts.

Could be, the Blue Wilderness, is too rich for his system. My husband just bought a 20 pound bag, too. It's unopened, maybe tractor supply will exchange it.

Pistol goes to the vet again Friday, for his second shots, discussing it with the vet. My husband says he knows what the problem is, pistol is OUR dog.....I don't think we've ever had a, "normal" one.

Usually they will exchange if it is at least half full 

10 weeks old tomorrow.  Just don't look at the messy house, having a puppy is like having a toddler, no time for cleaning!

Correction...10 weeks old Saturday.

IMG_20171004_113622226.jpg

Edited by equicrzy

He is very much at home!! Your house looks far from messy! He looks like he is growing!!!!

1 hour ago, Danyel said:

He is very much at home!! Your house looks far from messy! He looks like he is growing!!!!

I guess you can't tell from the picture, but, I need to vacuum and mop.

Yeah, he's very much at home, everything belongs to him, my shoes, my socks, anything that happens to be on the floor, furniture included.

I had intended to take him to the vet tomorrow for second shots, but, town is 50 miles away and, I've already been there two days in a row, for my own appointments and, didn't want to drive all the way there tomorrow..... Monday, he'll go.

What do you use on that wood floor to get it to shine like that? (Because I need some-o-dat-dirty!)

For real though, our house has an older whatzitcalled, Pergot floor? I heard you're not supposed to get them wet, so I just wet swiffer it, but shiny is cool. 

The floors are a laminate, easy to clean, I spot clean the tougher stuff and, damp mop with just a little floor cleaner.... mostly for a fresh clean smell. Right now, I'm using lemon scented pine sol.

I consider my house messy if I haven't swept/vacuumed or mopped and, there's folded laundry on the coffee table.....or, my husband comes home and throws the mail, his computer bag and, contents of his pockets, onto the dining room table.

RRW.... I can drop pistol off at your house and pick him up after he's house trained and, doesn't chew anymore..... sound like a plan?......LOL....

24 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Oh no no no.....Once he is dropped off there is no going back.  

In that case, I'd have to drop a puppy and, take a dog.....you have two, right?

You would love Odie.  George would make your life miserable.  Then again if you take Odie you'd have to take on a headstrong 7yr old.

IMG_20170313_200537.jpg

IMG_20170326_192847.jpg

FYI the train isn't going around Odie.

To whom it may concern,

Hello my name is Odie.  I truly love my pack.  The leader known as Mom has left the farm.  The low guy in the pack who goes by Papa is at the farm to water & feed us the Mom has left behind.  If you were to take me then you have to take the rest.

Friendly Friend

Fuzzy

Mago

Zip

We are a pack & that's how we will stay.

IMG_20170407_144355.jpg

IMG_20170407_144454.jpg

IMG_20170904_232143.jpg

9 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

You would love Odie.  George would make your life miserable.  Then again if you take Odie you'd have to take on a headstrong 7yr old.

IMG_20170313_200537.jpg

Poor George!!! :rotf: 

9 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

11 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

IMG_20170313_200537.jpg

IMG_20170326_192847.jpg

I wouldn't know how to deal with a headstrong 7 year old, anymore, it's been way too long. 

11 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

FYI the train isn't going around Odie.

To whom it may concern,

Hello my name is Odie.  I truly love my pack.  The leader known as Mom has left the farm.  The low guy in the pack who goes by Papa is at the farm to water & feed us the Mom has left behind.  If you were to take me then you have to take the rest.

Friendly Friend

Fuzzy

Mago

Zip

We are a pack & that's how we will stay.

IMG_20170407_144355.jpg

IMG_20170407_144454.jpg

IMG_20170904_232143.jpg

I wouldn't want to break up such good friends..... they're a nice looking pack.

I think pistol is getting it!  He scratched at the back door today and, when I let him out, he pooped!

Animal people, huh? Get excited over pooping!

3 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Love the picture.  Great that he has figured out how to tell you it's potty time.  

I just hope it wasn't a fluke.

Equi, all my dogs had thier own way of telling.  Mickey was the best as she would paw the door.  George stands at the door. Odie is the only who gives mixed messages.