Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

(Re)Introduce Yourselves & Herd!

Mestengo here. Obviously I was a victim of the great HC name swap a few years back. The BF and I are still in northern Illinois, though we've switched towns a few times in the past 7 years or so.

Most of you know, my thoroughbred-mustang cross, BlackJack Bay, passed away back in 2009. My little grade Arabian, Rafiq, is now 13. After 8 years together, he can still be a handful on the trails, but I enjoy his intelligence and affectionate nature. 

We lost our lovely rough collie, Skye, to cancer in 2015, which was a hard year in general for us. I lost my best friend to cancer and another old horse-related acquaintance to suicide about the same time. Then, my mom in Wisconsin suffered a sudden-onset dementia and later needed surgery for hernia on Christmas Eve. Not to be left out, I ended the year with bruised ribs from being thrown into a wall and started 2016 with a torn knee from a non-horse-related incident. I always say, bad things come in 7's.

The one good thing in 2015 was our new smooth collie pup, Evie, who is now 2 years old. She's always such a happy pup. We also have two cats, Gearron, a 10-year-old male, and Shadow, 5-year-old female, both from barn cat litters. Pics are of the current furry family.

DSCF1213.JPG

DSCF1131.JPG

DSCF1064.JPG

DSCF1129.JPG

Edited by Mustang Cindy
Edit media

Thanks for the animal photos, Mestengo. Do you have any more of your horse? I'm a sucker for just  the wide snip on horse faces.

Edited by jubal

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:32 AM, jubal said:

Thanks for the animal photos, Mestengo. Do you have any more of your horse? I'm a sucker for just  the wide snip on horse faces.

DSCF1104a.JPG

DSCF1070.JPG

18486157_10154521829487918_6011984017091352987_n.jpg

I've been away for awhile too.  I was N4L here once upon a time, but I'm using my real name now.  I still don't have a horse (haven't for 10 years now), but I do have ball pythons.  I have 5 different morphs of them, and will start breeding them next year.  I still live in Mayer,AZ, still have 2 small dogs (Freddie and Mali), and 3 cats(Mysti, who's 10 now, Burger, 8, and Baby, almost 3).  I don't drive a school bus anymore, but have a house painting business now, and this is what I should have been doing all along---very relaxing.  I have to remember how to upload pics, because I don't have a smartphone or other device.  And Rafiq, Evie, and the kitties are all lovely, Mestengo.

20 hours ago, Jan Griffiths said:

.  And Rafiq, Evie, and the kitties are all lovely, Mestengo.

Thank you, Jan.