Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

(Re)Introduce Yourselves & Herd!

Since I see so many new (but old to a lot of us) names - I figured we could do a quick reintroduction about our animals/family. 

Nothing new really has happened with me. Still pretty much the same ole person I used to be. Got married, bought a house down the road from my parents and moved the horses out my back door. Still pulling my tractor (when time allows) and now race dirt cars on the weekends.

I have two horses. Minnie, who is 19 - who I've had for quite awhile. She had a major leg infection last year, where I almost lost her and has since become a pasture ornament. She never got sound after that. Had a reoccurance last month and now she drags her toe when walking. But, she's happy and otherwise healthy, so she is enjoying it.

Soldier is my newer horse, got him three years ago. He's my go-to dude. Has a mind of his own but I can hop on him and go ride whenever. He is my wanna-be show horse, who has a good background in many things - I just need to get him out and about more/again.

Then I have Rem. Rem is my chocolate lab, my best friend, my main man in life, lol. He just turned three a couple weeks ago. Goes everywhere with me. I'd be lost without him.

On top of that - I raise ducks. Well, it's a new thing. Wasn't intentionally planning on raising them, but nothing was surviving the wild so I went and got a dozen babies. I gave four of them to my uncle and down to eight "babies" and one adult. They're such fun things.

I remember so many old names, so it'd be nice to get a quick little update :)

20156102_10154794500166547_1542341698341

20106561_10154791418936547_5766213475338

20293988_10154810296771547_7676064721347

Edited by PinkTractor

Still staying on track with trains.

Ponies are Magoo & Zip.  Don't have much time away from work to really do anything with them but we enjoy having them on the farm.  No longer have Tucker.  Lost him last year & he is missed.

We have George who basically goes to work with me every day.  We also have Odie my desinger dog who is a Neufador.

Shortman isn't so short but will always be my Shortman no matter how tall he gets. And yes he is a goof ball.

Oh & if the original 6 Barn cats only have 2 left. Friend & Fuzzy

IMG_20170407_144454.jpg

IMG_20170313_200537.jpg

IMG_20170408_204359.jpg

IMG_20170407_144355.jpg

I'm down to 0 horses. Started in PA, moved to Ky, currently in IL and will be moving into my new house in IN in 2 weeks. 

I have a husband, 2 adorable little girls who are 4.5 and 8 months. 

4 dogs. I lost my shepherd a week after I had my youngest daughter. That was a very bad time for me. Found another shepherd who was born the day she passed. He is a PITA, but has helped me heal a lot. Couple of months after loosing my shepherd my old show horse passed away. 

I also have 2 cats and 2 ferrets. Playing stay at home mom for a while. Hoping to be able to eventually go to school to become a Vet Tech, but daycare cost is outrageous. 

And I think that it. I'm pretty boring. Haha

IMG_3074.thumb.JPG.be18fe964531cc2871ebc5f222952e9c.JPGIMG_3113.thumb.JPG.f032353fab21fb4d8155c4b37d097652.JPGIMG_3040.thumb.JPG.d2bad06277400465db46647145fa3e1d.JPGIMG_3007.thumb.JPG.5d583dd6cf36307938955f239a16ef9f.JPG

Spanish,  you should be able to attach them directly from your phone.  That is how I post mine & it is so easy.

Go to drag files here to attach or choose files.

12 minutes ago, spanish_walkin_wannabe said:

IDK How to post pictures any more. Where are people linking them from. Is photobucket still like, a thing? Lol. 

Right? All my pics are on my phone, or instagram, and I am blocked from both on the work computer, but I can't get to HC from my phone... 

Anyway, it's me, Red! Still in Texas, Jesse moved down here a year ago January, and we relocated my mom from California last November. We JUST moved into our own little house 2 weeks ago, it's got a 3 acre pasture and a barn. Soon as I get some small things on my credit taken care of, I'm buying it. 

Still have Kelly & Bullet, Y'all know Tequila died in a freak accident a few years ago when she broke 2 legs in a corral panel at a trainer's place. Bullet is Jesse's horse now, after he bucked me off 2 years ago... twice in one day.  Rocket went to the Auction last October when he tried to kill me. Rode him all summer, nothing different, he just straight up blew, launched me, and broke 4 ribs, deflated a lung, lacerated my liver. I spent 1 night in ICU, 2 more inpatient, and sold him soon as I got home. I'm too fat and old to worry about dying, and too many people depend on me. So, I picked up a geriatric now 27 yr old appendix gelding, who is so perfect, it's kinda gross, lol! He's a retired Therapeutic Riding Academy horse, so very gentle. He knows all the horse show stuff, and he's always game for a lap around the barrels. He's one of those "Not as good as he once was, but good once, as he ever was" He ropes and everything!

Speaking of those people, Tristan is almost 14 now, taller than I am, has about 3 more chin hairs than I do, and is an Honor Student, Boy Scout, plays Trumpet in the school Marching Band, (With the High Schoolers) AND plays football. 

Jesse just graduated HS in May, has the sweetest girlfriend in the world, works full time and rides bucking horses on the weekends in the local rodeos. Well, mostly he gets arena darted, he has not had a successful "Qualified" ride yet... but he is determined, that's for sure. 

They frown on male barrel racers here, so the boys have about given up on showing the horses. I have a new job (Since January) and am working 6 days a week, running a scale house for the local Landfill. Perfect job for me, I get to sit in an air conditioned box all day, and tell people where to shove it. Literally, lol!

Oh yea. Kelly is 20 this year, and we bred her one last time to a foundation bred Ranch stud originally from my childhood area in AZ. Ole Driftin Cowboy is his name, if anyone feels like looking him up. Had a scare when my old boy mounted Kelly a couple weeks ago, thought she aborted, but turns out she's just a hussy. Ultrasound revealed a very active baby. 

Oh, and we picked up a 4 yr old grade palomino mare, named Bunny. She hops a little. ;)

IMG_20170623_133136.jpg

IMG_20170706_180924_593.jpg

20170614_201131.jpg

Edited by redneckcowgirlmn
Adding pics

I live om Norway now. I can't remember where I was in my life when I fell out of hc but I have 2 kids, my daughter is 10 and my son is 4.

The move from Iceland to Norway was a bit rough for my husband and we ended up living in different countries for about a year, but we found the way back together and settled here in Norway. We bought a house in 2013 and in December 2015 I finally bought a horse for me and my daughter to share. He is (of course) an Icelandic. Retired competition horse, but with a very child friendly head on him. He is 19 now. 

I work full time in a kindergarten so barn time is limited but we make it work and have help from good friends.

20170402_110056.jpg

20170709_123733.jpg

20170628_123528.jpg

20170430_132301.jpg

There's a farm near me that raises Icelandics. They compete with them, but I don't know how many there are in KY. If I get any shorter, I'll have to get one. 

I got married 3 years ago and we bought a nice little horse farm on 10 acres. I currently have Fawn and my 5 yr old APHA gelding Mr Rio Dee Max and 10 yr old Bay roan AQHA mare Barley Getting Blue.  I also have a Golden Doodle and a GSD along with a few house and barn cats.  Trying to get out and hit the trails as often as I can .  But in Michigan the weather and bugs do not always make that easy.   

paisley.jpg

Rio.jpg

Rios first trail ride.jpg

windy day.jpg

Badonk.jpg

Edited by Fawnsmom
add photo

22 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Spanish,  you should be able to attach them directly from your phone.  That is how I post mine & it is so easy.

Go to drag files here to attach or choose files.

WE CAN ATTACH FROM OUR PHONES?!? Oh my heck. So many pictures will be coming throughout the day then. lmao. 

OK, I'll do a little re-intro ...

Andi here. I no longer work for the state of Oregon; I work for the local Paiute Tribe now and am also a professional photographer (meaning people pay me now!) and am co-owner in a shop in town as well.

I still have Jake ... remember Jake? He's 12 now!

I do all kinds of photography now, not just horses. I do weddings and families and school pictures and whatever anyone asks me to do photos of!

I'm on Facebook the most so follow me there if you want!

19059334_10213780498972968_6796524506291484216_n.jpg

Just some update pics...

Little Jesse, now 18, and baby Bullet ,  now 7.

Next is Tristan ,  will be 14 in October .

T working with Bunny, the boys have decided I don't get to ride green ones anymore . 

Still have A $$ Crack Jack, lol

And Paco, our little rather terrorist x chi.

Had to put Peaches ,  my flame point ragdoll I got from sundowner lady, down last Sept .  the replacement kittens, Smoky & Sparky, blue & seal  lynxpoint Siamese x brats. 

Can't forget Karma, our little orphan. she's 4 now, lives Tristan ,  hates Jesse ,  And very opinionated . 

Last pic is Ace, my old guy. Love him to pieces!

20161210_164954.jpg

FB_IMG_1501190127578.jpg

IMG_20170703_175901_885.jpg

IMG_20170716_222835_102.jpg

IMG_20170718_211744_008.jpg

IMG_20170702_150111_061.jpg

IMG_20170623_132921.jpg

20160814_092059.jpg

Ooh ooh, I'll go next...   

Still a fat old man (dr confirmed the fat and old part just the other day).  Sold off the Fjords and goats a few years ago.  One dog, my English Setter, and the wife has two cats in the house.  Apparently she wanted a cat that gimps around like me so she adopted a 3 legged cat.  Tripod Bob Caat...  Moved off the country place I loved and into a house on the St. Louis River.  Kinda cool.  Can leave my dock and sail across the great lakes and around the world if I wanted.  Without the horses I've gotten into biking.  Mostly to work but do some touring too.  Down to 5 bikes but will sell 1 or 2 next spring.  Get out and kayak when I can and still drag my fanny out on the ice to play hockey 1-3 times a week.  Grandkid count is up to 6 now.  Sure hope that's the end of it.  

A few pics.  On the ice during an over 30 league game.  Paladin, my Surly ECR, I rode on my last 6 day road/backcountry tour.  Kayaking the river last spring just off my dock.  

160131.jpg

Paladin.jpg

Whale watching.jpg

I was a lurker for years. Became a member years ago to ask questions on Horse Health. I had to sale our horses 2 years ago with my guy facing open heart surgery. I didn't want to wait until it was an emergency.  We had horses forever so it was quite an adjustment to go without.

I am retired and spend my time at the gym, gardening or yard work. The gym replaces working with the horses. I would rather have horses but that won't happen. After having a barnyard full, all we have now is 2 dogs and 1 cat. 

I recognize most of the old members coming back. When I first logged on everyone was watching Mare Stare and Frosty having her foal. Long time ago!

Pictures of my dogs and cat.

IMG_20161007_142429036.jpg

IMG_20160615_125418156.jpg

IMG_20151107_144459118.jpg

Edited by Danyel

RR, that's Gus. He's a Brussels Griffon. Just a real sweetheart. Happy all the time.

Jubal, thanks but that cat is very evil at times, well most of the time.

10 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Danyel what kind of pup is you non gremlin looking one?  Do believe he looks miserable & belongs in my pack.

1 hour ago, Danyel said:

RR, that's Gus. He's a Brussels Griffon. Just a real sweetheart. Happy all the time.

I think she meant the other one, lol!

Redneckcowgirlmn, your right!! Sorry I didn't read that correctly!

RR, the other dog is Clara. She's a black and white Jack Russell. She is very well behaved, considering the breed except the digging holes!!!

So nice to see some old friends on this thread!  We live in Connecticut, down to just my horse now, Zippy, who is an 18 year old QH, stead with smooth gaits and great on the trails.  I sold my last horse, Torrie, 3 years ago to get Zippy and it was the best decision I have made in a long time as he is the kind of horse I needed and my confidence has grown since we began our partnership.  Sadly, we lost my husband's horse to colic in April, he had her since she was born, she was 16 and we are still a bit lost without her.  At home, we've got our Golden, Buddy and Cole, a Border Collie mix and a lovely black cat named Frank.  In addition to our furry kids, we have 7 adult children between us that live all across the U.S. and 8 grandchildren - we are blessed.  Life is good, starting to plan for retirement - moving to VA, I think, and getting a property where we can keep the horses, we board them here in CT and are looking forward to having them at home.  Now some photos - the dogs, Zippy on his birthday, which is St. Patrick's Day and us out riding. 

Buddy and Cole Summer 2017.JPG

Zip at 19.jpg

Zippy and me-No Salem.jpg

Hi, Magic. I remember when you got Zippy. All your animals look pretty laid back, my favorite kind. I wish I had that big, flat green field to ride in!

Jubal - yes, it was such a big decision to let go of my old horse, but the right decision for me, I love riding Zip, look forward to every ride and we are out hitting the trails together.  That field was a place we trailered to - beautiful mix of fields and woods. 

Do you remember the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase where the couple moved to a small new England town and their first dog  just ran and ran and they would just see him off in the distance running - then they got another dog who laid in front of the fireplace, his tail started to catch on fire, Chevy Chase just moved his tail out of the fire, stamped it out and the dog never moved - I have always said I want a dog like that and now I have one with our Golden Buddy!  He lays in front of the refrigerator and I just slide him over and open the door, he doesn't move!!  Love those laid back pets!