We've had saloons, we've had cap chats, we've had the back porch. Now lets have a front porch..... Shall we?

I've got a few chairs out here. I've got coffee. I've got snacks. I've got alcohol. Lets keep the stories flowing and the good times rolling. Share pictures. Share laughs. Share whatever. 

So I'll go ahead and start it off....

As some of you may know, I have been graduated from Uni for a little over a year now and work as a museum professional in my hometown county historical society. I was originally hired as an "administrative assistant", but my duties go far beyond that. I not only take care of all the bill paying, gift shop ordering, tours, etc... but I am so responsible for the collections, fundraising, programming, blah blah blah. I've been patiently waiting for our current director to retire as he is 70, going on 71, a control freak and contributes for naught in the way of forward progression of our institution. Unfortunately, it appears he will be keeping on for at least the next year, so I have made the decision to go back to school and pursue my Master's Degree. It will be a master's in museums, as most places now are demanding graduate degrees, even for entry level positions, which is a bit disappointing. Anyway, my significant other, Bill, works as an engineer in the local paper plant. He's miserable there so he has started applying for new jobs. I'm not disappointed in this at all. As much as I want to make positive change here, it's difficult to sit and wait. I'd be happy to move on. 

I have found very little time to ride or do any of my other hobbies I have tried to pick up, like crochet or archery. I work pretty much 7 days a week all summer, paid for only 5. Very frustrating and difficult to put my foot down and say no without being guilted or dealing with animosity at work. I did pick up cosplay and costuming, as well as theater make-up. I practice wig styling as well. Someday maybe I will learn to use my sewing machine and make my own costumes, but in the mean time, I just buy them. Lol. 

I'll share photos in a bit of the herd and what I've been up to. 

I'll chug a cup of coffee as I run across the porch.

Work work work......But do find a little time to put my feet in the sand at the beach.  There have been a number of adventures for my little family with traveling.  From traveling to Nebraska to see Billie Joel then off to the east coast twice for the last greatest shows on earth.  Last adventure was taking Shortman to see Queen.  He still talks about that concert & is wanting to see KISS again because he fell asleep.

Tomorrow it is off to Canada.  You know summer is supposed to be for relaxation, but the past weeks finding myself asking when will winter be here.

Oh before I forget I am going to hang a help wanted poster on the porch.  Help needed for any body with any time to harness train two minis.  

Im making a birthday dinner for my In-laws. A whole baked chicken, mashed butternut squash and rosemary rice and quinoa. Yes, i cook for my In-laws for my birthday lol. 

I got a call yesterday out of the blue. My brother-in-law got himself in trouble because he is stupid and there really is no other excuse. Apparently he and a group of other people have been spray painting all over town. Well he just got busted. Called me bacuse he needed a babysitter while the cops ransacked his house with a search warrant. Yes, he has a child and owns his own home and is 28 years old. So I got to watch my niece for the first time yesterday. That poor child has open sores all over her bottom. That rash made me cringe. I guess she has had it for a while:( told my brother-in-law to take her to the doctor because it was probably a yeast infection. I did not want to come off too disgusted as I would love to see my niece again. But I think I failed...

Been busy getting ripe vegetables out of the garden, I had good supervision,Now waiting  from both my wife & 14 year old grandaughter, so managed to get alot done. Now that coffee might go down good with a doughnut of cookie. PD

I'm procrastinating. Like normal. Movers come Wednesday to pack everything up and then haul it all off on Saturday. So I should be getting the apartment all cleaned up. But between the kids and dogs, everytime I pick up, it looks like a tornado has followed behind me. 

So instead I'm planning Halloween costumes. Going to transform the wagon into a spaceship, dress the baby as an Astronaut and the bigger PITA will be an alien. 

Mestengo here! Just about to run out to the barn and ride Rafi a bit in the outdoor. This weekend and the next are too busy for trail riding. We'll have to wait until the weekend of the 19th for that. 

We took our collie, Evie, lure coursing today, and she wore herself out running after a plastic bag dragged over 5 acres by a clever pulley system. Tomorrow, the BF and I will be driving up to my home state to go to the Wisconsin State Fair. Next weekend, we're attending an out-of-state wedding. Why does everything hit at once?

DSCF1278.JPG

31 minutes ago, Mustang Cindy said:

Mestengo here! Just about to run out to the barn and ride Rafi a bit in the outdoor. This weekend and the next are too busy for trail riding. We'll have to wait until the weekend of the 19th for that. 

We took our collie, Evie, lure coursing today, and she wore herself out running after a plastic bag dragged over 5 acres by a clever pulley system. Tomorrow, the BF and I will be driving up to my home state to go to the Wisconsin State Fair. Next weekend, we're attending an out-of-state wedding. Why does everything hit at once?

DSCF1278.JPG

Oh man! The Wisconsin fair has some amazing sounding food. I may have to head there before we move. I'm drooling over here reading through the food. 

I will just pull up a chair and have some water for now.  Had a beautiful day trail riding on my boy Rio.  His first real trail ride this year.  He did amazing and even went in the river for me.  He turned 5 this year and is finally maturing mentally.  He came home from the trainers last month so now trail mile time !!  Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Sure do miss the ole Saloon on here. But I am liking the front porch you all started. 

Rio at Kensington.jpg

^^^Pretty horse. He looks smart.

I found a young man who wants odd jobs on the weekend. Whohoo! He set two new fence posts for me today. They had rotted and were leaning. I held my breath every time Jubal went near them and I was afraid to leave home when he was out  in the pasture. I'm now making a list of other things for him to do. 

Edited by jubal

9 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

I'll chug a cup of coffee as I run across the porch.

Work work work......But do find a little time to put my feet in the sand at the beach.  There have been a number of adventures for my little family with traveling.  From traveling to Nebraska to see Billie Joel then off to the east coast twice for the last greatest shows on earth.  Last adventure was taking Shortman to see Queen.  He still talks about that concert & is wanting to see KISS again because he fell asleep.

Tomorrow it is off to Canada.  You know summer is supposed to be for relaxation, but the past weeks finding myself asking when will winter be here.

Oh before I forget I am going to hang a help wanted poster on the porch.  Help needed for any body with any time to harness train two minis.  

The harness training the minis sounds right up my alley. Keep me in the loop on how it goes! 

Worked today, work tomorrow and then  off for 3 days. My patients were good but my coworkers had some doozies.

Lost my best friend last night. She managed to disrespect me, betray me, use me, manipulate me, deceive me, and lie to me all in one evening. Yep, really. Im done with our friendship. With friends like her, who needs enemies?

3 hours ago, horsecrazybvh said:

Oh man! The Wisconsin fair has some amazing sounding food. I may have to head there before we move. I'm drooling over here reading through the food. 

Mostly we go to look at the animals and have some lunch. The Audubon Nature Center does a nice raptor show, too. If you get the chance, check it out, Crazy!

I'm trying to talk my husband into going tomorrow. It's only a 2 hour drive, and we have been dying to go up to Milwaukee anyways. He's being a poo poo head though. I just want to go for the wine slushes! Haha

40 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

Worked today, work tomorrow and then  off for 3 days. My patients were good but my coworkers had some doozies.

Lost my best friend last night. She managed to disrespect me, betray me, use me, manipulate me, deceive me, and lie to me all in one evening. Yep, really. Im done with our friendship. With friends like her, who needs enemies?

YIKES! Makes me wonder how your enemies treat you!

QB if only I could create more more time.  I have the tools to harness train just don't have another me.

I have always wanted to go to WI State Fair.  Been told it is really good.

Good morning! I've been sitting in the swing on my front porch. Bumpy night with tornado warnings. The weather radio plus my phone woke me. Stayed up watching the weather. Tulsa had damage. I haven't walked around outside but I think we are fine.

Jubal, great you have some hired help. Good ones are hard to find around here.

Queen, you don't need a friend like that.

Guess I'd better see about breakfast. Everyone have a great day.

So sleepy this morning. That wine that yall gave me on this porch last night was really good and sent me right to sleep. Now could someone please pass me a cup of strong coffee? I sure do hope these 12 hours at work go by fast.

Supposed to be really nice weather here Tuesday. Think Ill cram my bicycle in the car and head over to the High Bridge Trail for a little ride before the cowgirls get home from school and wanna ride the horses.

So, the more I think about the whole thing with the ex best friend, the more pissed I get. Its a long story and too much to type on my phone. I want to message her so bad and just light into her hard...and I still may. I dont want to hurt her but she sure didnt mind hurting me. Uuuggghh. Im gonna sip some coffee. 

Whats everyone else up to today?

Trimming horse feet, as soon as the spirit moves me. It's been nice and cool here for a few days, which is unheard of in August. It would be great if it lasted through the fair, but probably too much to hope for. Youall have made me want to go to the fair; I was gonna skip this year.

I've been up for a while, did a little housework, drank half cup of coffee, haven't had breakfast yet.

I'm watching, 'Breaking Bad' on AMC. they're showing the whole series, only on Sundays, so, it'll take a while to see it all.

I don't know why I have to watch it when it comes on tv, I have the complete series on DVD...... it's like an obsession, or something......lol..... I may need professional help.....

My husband is out splitting wood, he cut some dead trees down yesterday and, is now splitting and, will eventually stack. Winter comes mighty early around here.

Well, guess I should go let the horses out, I kept them in last night because, it looked like it was going to storm......it didn't, just a few sprinkles and, wind, that lasted just a couple of hours.

Queen..... I wouldn't worry too much about hurt feelings, just say what you need to say, after all, she didn't take your feelings into consideration...... I went through something similar a while back, with a cousin I grew up with, our moms are sisters, our dads, brothers, so, we were pretty close....... didn't stop her from doing what she did. I can't trust her anymore and, don't want to play that game, so, I have nothing to do with her..  ..oh, she did the same thing twice, the first time I did forgive and forget..... can't do it a second time.

Have a great day, everyone!

Edited by equicrzy

Fed the critters, swam, showered and am having something to eat before I go in to work.  I have friends coming this evening to swim and cookout after I get home.  I'm looking forward to the company.

I finally got the horse trimmed and I'm bushed! In between front and back, I cleaned the supply cabinet in the barn. I intended to throw away stuff, but as usual, I put it all back in. I'm about two clicks away from being a hoarder.

Went to bridal shower this afternoon.  Still need to go out and clean the stalls.  Hoping to get a short ride in if possible. 

Afternoon folks, 

Never got any horse time yesterday. Worked late...had people walk in at 10 minutes to close. Asked how late we were open, told them we closed at 5. They paid and then took their sweet time. I hate when people have the gall to do that. Most of the time I really wouldn't have minded, but I really wanted to get home, change, and get to the farm. Guess it didn't matter in the end anyway as by the time I got home and changed, it started pouring rain. So, i settled on just pulling all the bedding off the bed and doing laundry. Talked to an old friend for about an hour last night. Felt nice to talk to him. 

I'm waiting patiently for the last hour and 20 minutes to drag by here at work. I'm winding down to the last few items in the current donation I have to process. I went through a small bundle of pictures, but it's been slow going. Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Fawnsmom-I hope you had a good time at the bridal shower. Enjoy your barn time. 

RRW-How do you live in WI and never been to the state fair? 

I've only been to the MN State Fair, but I'd like to check out the WI Fair one of these years. Not sure I'll get the time off to do it this year. Been a nightmare to get any time off that I want. 

Might try and fiddle with my sewing machine tonight when I get home from the barn if it's not too late. Wait...actually..I have a rec club meeting tonight at 6:30. Grr....that sure puts a damper on plans. And family is here from PA and AL. :bang_head: Super. Can I just pretend to be sick and sneak off to the barn instead to ride? It's SOOOO NICE OUT. :flirt::crazy:

I decided to leave my current barn in October. Won't go into detail but I think its for the best. My horse leaves tomorrow for training so it won't be a huge deal because he will just go to the new barn directly after his training. Things like this just stresse me out is all. 

Im doing well with not smoking considering how terrible this week has been. 

Been to MN just not WI State fair.  We are generally to busy & MN fair is closer to home.

Enjoyed our drive to Thunder Bay.  The weather was beautiful.  Will post pic when have time to resize.

36 minutes ago, jubal said:

Good job, TL! You'll be so happy you quit!

How's your uncle?

They discharged him today. The surgeon wanted to do an exploratory surgery but the cardiologists said no because his BP is too low. They saud without doing the exploratory surgery they would not be able to figure out what was wrong. So they sent him home. 

I suggested getting a second opinion at UofM but my uncle doesn't want to.