30 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

OMG! Where do you live?! Can I share this pic on Facebook?!

Storm Lake Iowa. Not my pic. My neighbor.

Just a quick update on me and my pup. My car is over at my landlords shop getting its oil changed and a new light bulb put in, so that stress is relieved.

I have decided to go ahead and get a used washing machine vs. saving for a new one. I can get a new one when things calm down. Just have to wait til my brother has a day off to haul one home for me. That will relieve a lot of stress.

My landlord was able to scour the farm for me for a few more coral panels to make stalls in the barn. He said that building actual stalls in the barn have been on his "to do" list for a few years, along with sliding doors on each end. Hes just so busy between his body shop and managing 60 rental properties. I told him that it was no hurry, the corral panels would work for me perfectly. I got a stall made yesterday evening for Mr. Butters to eat his hay in. I'll get a couple more in this evening. Speaking of hay, the compressed bales at Tractor Supply have gone up to $20.99. I cant swing that right now after having Faith (my sick dog) at the vets. Hes going to have to do with the alfalfa bales from the local feed store for a little while. I have found that the compressed bale lasts about as long as 2 bales from the feed store.

Faith is still not much better. She ate a small handful of boiled chicken yesterday evening, and has refused everything Ive offered today. She did come to the farm with me yesterday evening and walked around some. She is drinking plenty of water and urinating. Latest bowel movement was yesterday, small and very strained. Shes not lethargic like she was but quiet and still obviously not feeling well. I haven't given her the antinausea med since she has kept the chicken and water down but I think I may go ahead and give it to her this afternoon if she still hasnt eaten. Maybe then she will eat. Im still worried about her. Shes a pretty tough girl and has never been this sick, even after eating some pretty gross stuff.

Dr.'s appt went fine yesterday. My blood pressure was good enough not to need an increase in med dosage, although it has been better. Had some bloodwork done just to check kidney function etc and I follow up in another 3 months.

My cowgirl turned 12 the other day. She came to help me yesterday evening. I hadnt seen her in a while because its been so cold. I hugged her tight but fussed at her for being out in the cold. Ive missed her. She helped me tremendously of course and then sent one of her Breyer like horses home with me so I could glue its broken leg back on lol. My teenage girl comes home from the residential treatment program any day now and we cant wait to have her back to play with the minis.

Stay warm yall!

Take it that the neighbor didn't heat in the house & didn't blow out they system.

Sat & Sun is projected heatwave, claim to be lower 30s maybe 40.  Believe it when see it.

QB we have bought used washers & dryers in the past with no problem.  A lot of appliance shops sell rebuilds.  Great way to save.  Sure hope your girl starts feeling better.  Sounds like she got into something.

RR, he was dumb enough to run out of LP in the middle of the night, and that was on the north side right under a window.

I mixed a can of dog food with some rice and Faith ate a handful at 1pm, 3pm, and 6pm. Shes kept it all down. Looks like she's turned the corner, thank goodness!

29 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

I mixed a can of dog food with some rice and Faith ate a handful at 1pm, 3pm, and 6pm. Shes kept it all down. Looks like she's turned the corner, thank goodness!

Good to hear that.

Yaaay for poop! Faith just had a poop..I had to help her. Looks like she did have a blockage afterall...looks like she ate an old washcloth. I think its all out as it was a good amount of poo. She should be much better now. Never been so happy about dog poo lol!

Ive got all my corral panels together and will put them in the barn tomorrow. One of them is a bull gate and it weighs a ton. I hate it, but I'll happily use it til I get a lighter one. Mr. Butters enjoys eating his hay in his stall while the others watch. I let Sonic clean up what he doesnt eat.

All that because of a washcloth.  Naughty girl.

Wonder if Odie told her about the time he ate baby wipes?  She must have misunderstood him & ate the washcloth.

Oh that's great your landlord had panels that could be used.  Sounds like Mr Butters likes his private dining.

10 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

All that because of a washcloth.  Naughty girl.

Wonder if Odie told her about the time he ate baby wipes?  She must have misunderstood him & ate the washcloth.

Oh that's great your landlord had panels that could be used.  Sounds like Mr Butters likes his private dining.

She once ate a whole diaper. How she managed to survive that, I'll never know.

It is amazing what they will eat.  Mickey ate something once that was string as I had to step on it while she walked away in order to get it out.  Believe she also ate a knee high nylon stocking once &  needed  removal assistance.

Well our heat wave is on the way.  This morning my face didn't freeze when taking the dogs out & come Sun or Mon we are to hit almost 40 with rain mix.  The battery is completely dead in my truck so that will have to eventually get replace.  Luckily I have no need to go anywhere.

1 hour ago, QueenBAW said:

She once ate a whole diaper. How she managed to survive that, I'll never know.

Not enough fiber in her diet?

I had the vet out Wednesday because Leo had watery diarrhea when I went out to feed.  His tail and back legs (all sides!) were coated in poo residue.  When I saw him "poo" it was like a brown waterhose, nothing solid, so I immediately called the vet.
No temp and no infection (blood test) so they treated with bio-sponge, probiotics, metronidazole and a relaxer. Vet left supplies for me to continue for several days. 

I separated the horses so I could monitor him and make sure he was unhindered with his feed and shelter.  Blanketing in the evening because I don't want him expending any more calories than he needs to keep himself warm.  He seemed improved yesterday but today we had more loose poo in the tail and on the run-in floor, though it is thicker than the water I saw Wednesday.  Other good news is he is not as sucked up today as he was on Wednesday.
He is NOT happy with the bio-sponge but I'm making sure he gets it.

Sucked in:

No photo description available.

Poopy tail and legs:
Image may contain: horse and outdoor

So, Im seriously contemplating switching to alfalfa cubes for Mr. Butters. He is still leaving more hay than I like. But, wouldn't I have to feed A LOT of cubes to compare to hay or to even make a difference??

The bag of alfalfa cubes recommends the amount to feed. I wouldn't feed more than that. You could try leaving him in the stall over night with his hay and maybe he'd clean it up  if he had longer to do it.

Edited by jubal

QueenBaw, I soak the alfalfa cubes just like beet pulp. My older horse doesn't seem to like the hardness of the cubes. If I put them in the bucket with his grain and/or beet pulp he always ate everything else up and left the cubes to nibble at little by little.

When I soaked them they loosened up and were pretty much like beet pulp and there is a lot more to them than meets the eye when they are dry! Wet them and it grows a LOT! LOL! When they were wetted down he ate them just like it was beet pulp.

11 hours ago, jubal said:

The bag of alfalfa cubes recommends the amount to feed. I wouldn't feed more than that. You could try leaving him in the stall over night with his hay and maybe he'd clean it up  if he had longer to do it.

Ive left him in there for hours to see if he'd eat it all and when I come to let him out hes standing on the opposite end of the stall from the hay, sleeping. Lol. Sometimes he eats more, sometimes less, but he always leaves more than I like.

10 hours ago, DancinDreaminKid said:

QueenBaw, I soak the alfalfa cubes just like beet pulp. My older horse doesn't seem to like the hardness of the cubes. If I put them in the bucket with his grain and/or beet pulp he always ate everything else up and left the cubes to nibble at little by little.

When I soaked them they loosened up and were pretty much like beet pulp and there is a lot more to them than meets the eye when they are dry! Wet them and it grows a LOT! LOL! When they were wetted down he ate them just like it was beet pulp.

My plan is to soak them. 

Edited by QueenBAW

Heidi how is Leo doing?

QB, seems Mr Butters is enjoying the stall.  Sure you'll figure the right feed to give him.

So today we have guests that need to be driven from the motel to depot.  Hubby being sneaky said I could drive them up in his suburban but it will have to be cleaned out.  Alarms went of right away as his vehicle is DIRTY!!!!  Right away I said it was ok & I'll take them in mine. Heheheh.....as mine just needed a quick wipe down.  Oh & we hit temps in mid 20's, really nice to be out again with no coat.

It's 57 here and sunny! Just two days ago, single digits. Boomerang weather!

RRW, your hubby is sneaky! Either way was a win for him.

2 minutes ago, jubal said:

It's 57 here and sunny! Just two days ago, single digits. Boomerang weather!

RRW, your hubby is sneaky! Either way was a win for him.

The weather here is gonna do that tomorrow. Pneumonia weather.

Jubal, at one point he said I'd get the suburban then he'd get something newer.  Informed him if that was going to happen he'd better get it completely detailed.  Come next spring or summer I'll get a newer truck.  My current one is rusting really bad & we have a staffer who will be moving here but has no vehicle.  We'll sell him mine.

QB we are to have no ce temps the next two days but threat of snow.  When it comes to projected snow I believe it when I see it.  Weatherman is usually wrong.

Its gonna be 70 here Tuesday! And Im off! Wooohoo!! But oh wait...that means my mud will thaw. Crap.

Edited by QueenBAW

Leo isn't doing any better but he's holding steady.  I noticed he wasn't eating very much - leaving pellets behind in his bucket, though I've seen him drink, but wasn't sure about him eating any hay.  I walked the corral where he is and found only splashes, no poops.  I just want a poop pile from him!
I went to TSC today and bought some chopped hay/molasses and a compressed bale of timothy hay.  Gave him some and when I led him in, he was very 'sour' about going into the barn (he must have thought I was going to medicate him again) but when I pointed him at the new hay net and bucket, he checked it out and started eating.  Temp is still normal and vet says to keep an eye on him.  As long as there are gut sounds (there are) and I still have meds to give him, we'll see if he improves.  If he isn't better by Sunday evening, I'm setting the alarm to call Monday morning for them to come out.  

Happily exhausted is what I am. It was a beautiful day today, sunny in the 60's that felt much warmer. Spent most of the day at the farm. My cowgirl helped me clean the barn out. We shoveled out years of old poo that had turned to dirt, both of us using muscles we didn't know we had. I let her mom know she might need some advil tomorrow. The landlord helped too! I got all my corral panels in the barn and set up, so now I have a few stalls for nasty weather. Benny got to run for hours, swim in the pond, chase geese, play with the minis, you name it, she had a great day and is pooped. Faith piddled around as she usually does and is completely back to herself although shes not enjoying being supervised outside. I may look into underground fencing for her and Jenna. Mr. Butters piddled around the farm all day. I left him out intentionally so he could eat grass, and he did and had a wonderful time. Ive included a pic of him so you can see what Im dealing with. The camera added pounds that really arent there. And, I have found that he is quidding. He just had his teeth floated what a month ago when the vet was out? I dont know what else to do. All in all today was a good day.

Having issues uploading the pic. Will try again later.

Edited by QueenBAW

Sounds like yestday was the day to be productive.

QB petrified barn poo is the worst.  When I cleaned out the little barn I had used the pick ax. The cement floor was still in good condition underneath.  Sure was nice of the landlord to pitch in.

We were productive yesterday at adding to the railyard.  Good thing we got the table done as there is no school again due to ice covered roads.  Shortman will keep busy this afternoon.IMG_20190204_082435.thumb.jpg.a4d6d18b611d338bb4c43143eea38ada.jpg

Queen, glad to hear That Mr. Butters is better.  Cleaning old poo can be bad for your lungs.  I hope it wasn’t dusty.  I try to remember to use a dust mask when I do certain chores, like cleaning out the chicken coop.  

Heidi, I hope Leo is better today.  Poor guy!

We had a productive weekend.  We have been wet and mushy for a long time.  I had only one good round pen session with Freckles since we brought him home.  We sent a cow down the road, but we didn’t want to eat her and our freezer is full anyway.  So, we traded the beef for tractor work and sand.  They came by this past weekend and helped smooth out some bad spots from construction and spread sand in my round pen!  I have a place to ride, even when it’s sloppy.  So, I worked Freckles and then Bitsey (the new Mustang) this morning.  It went very well.  

I’m going to try a link with pictures of the cute Mustang mare.  Please excuse mare face.  Freckles was behind her and being annoying, lol!  One picture has her freeze brand, if anyone knows how to read 

https://imgur.com/a/mJujU7Z

Edited by little cow