Jubal doesn't matter what you wear the hair sticks to everything.  One year wore leather work gives got hairy hands.  Then another year it was really warm spring day so brushed the ponies wearing just the bra & I and.  Still had a bugger of a time sweeping the hair from my skin.

Would have worn the rain coat but it wouldn't have been warm enough for this mornings temp

Plenty of mutt pups here. My area shelter even adopts out for free, their only stipulation being that your new best friend be fixed.

Pretty day here today but Ive had a rough week and woke up with a headache that I havent been able to shake all day. I did manage to feed the horses (who are happy with the new incoming grass) and meet the vet for a coggins on Cricket. I scratched the little mini colt for a few minutes and headed home. Been crashed on the couch for hours. Lots of stuff I wanna do tonight but not feeling the best and having to work in the morning have me thinking Ill just stay home tonight.

Don't wear ChapStick.  You'll have hairy lips, been there once or twice.

QB,  could be allergies with the spring melt.  Shortman has been caufhing, sneezing, looking tired & complaing of his throat.  Tis the season for everything running

1 hour ago, RailroadWoman said:

Don't wear ChapStick.  You'll have hairy lips, been there once or twice.

QB,  could be allergies with the spring melt.  Shortman has been caufhing, sneezing, looking tired & complaing of his throat.  Tis the season for everything running

Yes, although my allergies are dust and mold. Felt like I had a bad sinus infection a few days ago, but that feels better. Being exhausted wears on me over time too. 

Sitting on the porch while Benny plays outside for a few minutes. Its nice out. The sun setting is pretty, wish my phones camera would do it justice. The blues and pinks against the green grass and purples of the weed/flowers blooming everywhere is nice.

QB  when it comes time for a new pup we just may have to come pay you a visit.  I know there are a few excursion trains your direction & I can use the " if you are riding trains on this trip then I get to buy a new pup".

QB  when it comes time for a new pup we just may have to come pay you a visit.  I know there are a few excursion trains your direction & I can use the " if you are riding trains on this trip then I get to buy a new pup".

Sounds like a plan!

RRW, I must mention how adorable Magoo is.  How tall is he?  Is Short Man in danger of outgrowing him? 

LJ is outgrowing Maggie the Shetland rapidly.  But, she is family, so stays.  Now that Freckles has his dream home, our next horse will be for LJ, with the Mr. riding occasionally.  Mr. LC just doesn't have time and doesn't feel the need for his own horse.  

I can't even talk while brushing out the Morgan.  Chapstick and chewing gum...very good tips!

Guess what?!

After a very long day, we have our new pup. 

I had to fly to South Florida with the carrier, meet the breeder, and go back into the airport terminal and wait for three hours for the flight home.  Zeke met so many people yesterday.  He will keep meeting new people, but, he probably met his 100 quota in one day.  I set up camp by the gate and let him sleep.  When he had more energy, I laid out a wee wee pad and played with him.  I gave him some water in a little plastic cup.  He drank his fill, played with the cup, and then brought it back to me whining.  So, I gave him more.  Smart little puppy!   I also had a special distraction for him; a little sheep wool pulled from one of our ewes.  He loved it.  He chased it in my fingers around and around.  HIs herding training starts almost immediately.

I didn't get a chance to eat much all day, so we were both hungry and tired when my husband and son met us at the airport.  Zeke did well for his first night away from his littermates.  He is keeping my foot warm right now.

IMG_1525_zpsvtxgjnxp.jpg

IMG_1536_zpsgfdtabzf.jpg

Edited by little cow

Oh he is really cute.  Looks like he little paws so he shouldn't get terribly big.:rotf:

LC, Magoo is about 9 hand & Zip is around 10.  Shortman used to have pony rides with Magoo but in all reality with Shortman older he really has no interest.  He would rather be on an Iron Horse.    Shortman will help with chores when I ask him but I think he is actually intimidated by them.  

If I had the time I would really like to work on drive training.  Then again having time to  do anything with them would be better.

QB Shortman was wondering with the other mare had her foal yet.

12 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Wasn't it Equi that had the german pup that grew huge in a short amount of time.

You mean, this guy?

IMG_20190219_190928271.jpg

So this week Shortman turns nine.  Don't ask how it started but birthdays in our house have a tendency to be a week long.  Because hubby got a homemade cake for his body Shortman wanted one.  So last night I made my first carrot cake & even piped the frosting.  Only thing I'd do different is next time put the frosting in the fridge to stiffen it up before piping.

Oh & we do eat cake for breakfast.IMG_20190401_072455.thumb.jpg.30c848708d2ceac8c0e7af875ba4e256.jpg

IMG_20190401_072701.jpg

Equi nice to see you.  Has your boy been staying out of trouble?

LC how is your new addition doing?

No, he has not.  Had to break him from charging the fence and barking at Sam.....and, chasing workers out of the yard and, into their trucks.

LC.....yes, he's a little one....lol!

Heidi it was really yummy.  I got the recipe off a blog.  If you want I can post the link.  The sun rasins I soaked in whiskey for added flavor.

Equi he is just doing his job at keeping the farm safe.  Mine will let the intruder take everything but the bed.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, RailroadWoman said:

Oh he is really cute.  Looks like he little paws so he shouldn't get terribly big.:rotf:

LC, Magoo is about 9 hand & Zip is around 10.  Shortman used to have pony rides with Magoo but in all reality with Shortman older he really has no interest.  He would rather be on an Iron Horse.    Shortman will help with chores when I ask him but I think he is actually intimidated by them.  

If I had the time I would really like to work on drive training.  Then again having time to  do anything with them would be better.

QB Shortman was wondering with the other mare had her foal yet.

Not yet. Still big as a house.

20190401_180504.jpg

"Crumble" as the girls call him eating grass with his sister "Margarita". Mom is a ways up the hill from him, but keeping an eye on him. It always amazes me how fast these mini foals grow, eat grass, and wean.

20190401_180706.jpg

So it is true that they are born to be hoovers.  

My two will be getting cut back on the hay since it is warming up.  The vet mentioned today about them looking a tad platerish in the back & some smooshy butt.

6 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Heidi it was really yummy.  I got the recipe off a blog.  If you want I can post the link.  The sun rasins I soaked in whiskey for added flavor.

Equi he is just doing his job at keeping the farm safe.  Mine will let the intruder take everything but the bed.

It was rather funny.... afterwards and, no one was hurt.

The guy ran for his truck intending to jump into the back, then, said he said to himself...."no way, he'll jump in after me!"

He instead, managed to jump into the cab and, get the door closed.

The UPS and FedEx drivers stop at the gate and honk......we walk out and get the package.

That is rather funny......I'd love to have a GSD or Dobie.   However, we have our dogs at work 24/7 & knowing how my current/past pack order work I couldn't have a dominant breed as they may read to much into a situation.  I get warnings from my current/past mutts can only imagine what it would be like to intense that ability.  Maybe when I retire I'll be able to get a one of the two.