Good Morning--

PD, Thank you! You're very kind. Yes, I remember that horse expo! It was so fun to be able to meet people from HC in person. I hope to get down to another expo, perhaps next year. It has been a couple years now since going. Heck, I haven't even ridden much in the past couple of years either. Just been so busy with work. 

RRW, would you be around this evening for a phone call? I'm going to go to the Elks Club for a dinner tonight with Bill and the Grandpa at 6 but will be home around 730 if you'd be available. If not, will try maybe Friday. Tomorrow is the museums annual meeting, so will be busy with that. 

Hope all is well. Chat later. Have lots to do to prep for tomorrow. 

Take care. 

Spanish, I am up till 10pm.  Usually with the cell calls I have it handy from 4pm on as I only carry the office phone during the day. 

RRW,

I met my wife on a blind date also,  we shared 47 years together,  God  knows who we need in our lives,  & He gave me a good one.  But now I have another in my life, & we'll see how that goes.  Could be an interesting journey. 

LC,  Sounds like your wild turkey, has found your home nicer than being in the wild.  I wish you well with her.   Best Wishes.  PD

I've heard wild turkey tastes better than domestic. But I heard it from someone who wanted to hunt on my land. I told him the animals come here because they know they're safe.

Wild turkey DOES actually taste better than domestic turkey.

Hey guys.  I am getting a second vet opinion today on Libby, but she is getting worse.  She did not like being turned out in the round pen with her best friend horse yesterday.  She has been pinning her ears more at them whenever she is turned out.  She hates being out alone, but she's mean to others out with her.  She was very relieved to go back to her stall.  I don't know what is going on with her.  This change has happened over weeks, so not a heat cycle thing.  Maybe just not tolerating blindness?  Maybe dementia?  Anyone ever seen dementia in a horse?

Edited by little cow

They also go through periods when it flares up. That's why it's called moon blindness. Probably having a flare-up.

She doesn't have uveitis.  She had an injury to one eye (before I got her) and the antibodies produced actually affect both eyes, which cause deterioration in the good eye over time.  She lost vision over eight years ago and now it appears that the good eye can only detect light changes and shadows (our best guess based on exam).  That is why so many horses eventually go blind in both eyes.  Even horses without uveitis.  Our vet came out for a second opinion today and explained this.  HIs verdict is that Libby is not coping well with blindness in both eyes.  He agrees that it is time.  This really sucks.  Many horses can cope well, but she is not.  We will try to get it done before the Fourth because she panics with fireworks.

LC - so sorry to hear about Libby.  So glad she had you to love her and vice versa.  Sending you a big hug.

Hey everyone! Everything is going well here. I just got the full report on Zarinnas 4H presentation on how to brush a mini a couple weeks ago. She said it went good. She said that she asked the farm owner if she needed to see her coggins like I told her to do, and the farm owner said yes. They apparently tried putting June on the crossties but June has never been on crossties, so they opted to just tie her to the fence. Zarinna said everything went well and no one had any questions. She said she loaded and unloaded June herself but her grandaddy wouldnt let her work the ramp by herself. I had made sure she could do everything herself, including the ramp, before I left that evening. I told her that it would show her grandaddy that shes responsible. 

I guess Im not moving Sonic afterall. Things at the farm have changed for the better although the cows are still there. The girls are well aware of the cows and dont let them come near them. Plus it should be time for them to leave soon. Zarinna is paying much more attention to Margarita and June and I feel like if I stay I can really show her how to take care of them the right way. This evening she will deworm them herself, with my help. Next week we will talk about the vaccines/diseases that are in the 5 way shot, and she will be expected to give it to them. I really want her to learn and do everything that needs/should be done, and not just "have a horse". Nobody else is going to show/teach her. Ill still make sure I get to ride Sonic, in fact the plan is for me to ride him while she/they walk the minis. Lyric will be coming back Wednesday. I think things will work out afterall.

Mr. Butters and Whitewash are doing just fine. Ive gotten pics and updates from their new home and all is well. She plans on putting Mr. Butters on a supplement (I cant remember the name) and we're both excited to see how he does.

27 minutes ago, noponies said:

You didn't REALLY want to leave, did you? :)

I want those cows to leave for sure! Got tired of seeing animals (minis) not properly cared for. Got tired of breeding and breeding unnecessarily.

Edited by QueenBAW

Queen, please rethink letting Zarinna give shots. I almost lost a mare once when someone unqualified gave her a penicillin shot. It's good to explain the process to her and have her watch but she needs  to be older and wiser.

QB, I am sure your time at the farm will be much better now that landlord cleaned up & out.

Today is a day that has turned into one where you just want to go out & cry on a ponies shoulder.  Odie would fill in but he just doesn't understand or listen the same way Magoo does.

RRW, I hope you are okay.  I'm sorry for your troubles.  

Queen, I hope your boarding situation remains peaceful.

Thanks for the words of sympathy.  We will miss our Morgan princess.  

LC, thank you & shouldn't to be sorry for my troubles.  Life has taken a road that really don't want to take & it is heartbreaking.  Due to circumstances my office is cleaned out at the depot.  Really hard to not pack & cry at the same time, told my staffer to go back in her office so as that she won't cry by not looking at me. 

RRW, there are times you need the support of friends, even if they're only cyber friends. You don't have to put on a brave face here.

RRW, We've met several times in past years, I know you are a giving lady, & one I'm  proud to know.  We all have hearts that break at times, & need the support of others,  no shame in it, just part of being human.  Just know we care, & you have been there for others many other times.   Best Wishes.  PD      :huggy::huggy:

Well I found a pleasant surprise this evening.  There is a field behind the neighbor business & adjacent to us that doesn't get mowed.  So figured that being the ticks are thick this year & thats where the dogs go do their morning business it wouldn't hurt to cut down the grass.  In the process I found a big strawberry patch.  Oh what fun so mowed around that.  Then also found some batches of milkweed, thought it would be nice to leave them for the monarch butterflies.

Sometimes the little things can brighten our day.  

Our cow still has her bra on this morning.  She got it off a week ago and I left it off to see how she would do.  She chaffed herself again.  I got it back on last night and hoped it would stay on.  She is healing up already.  Looks funny, but it's working.  I put an updated picture on my blog.  

https://moonlitoaksranch.blogspot.com/

9 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Well I found a pleasant surprise this evening.  There is a field behind the neighbor business & adjacent to us that doesn't get mowed.  So figured that being the ticks are thick this year & thats where the dogs go do their morning business it wouldn't hurt to cut down the grass.  In the process I found a big strawberry patch.  Oh what fun so mowed around that.  Then also found some batches of milkweed, thought it would be nice to leave them for the monarch butterflies.

Strawberry Fields Forever!

Flower pots are done.  Fingers crossed they fill out nice this year.  Also found a pail that fit in the crossing signal.  Should have planted wavy petunias but I was to cheap to pay the price.  Hubby suggested planting something that would vine.  Only thing can think of are sweet peas & they usually grow good from seed.  Guess will have to bring the old galvanized water tank in from the farm next spring.

Please share pics of your flowers

IMG_20190619_133933.jpg

IMG_20190619_133957.jpg