Maybe morning glories for vining? I don't have anything blooming right now. Daylilies are just getting ready and they're the only thing left. Everything bloomed early this year. And the spiderwort will bloom for awhile yet but they only open in the morning. I do have a green tomato almost tennis ball size. It just might be red for the Fourth!

Jubal would never have thought of morning glories.  They have the trumpet like flower?

Crazy that your plants are done blooming.  

Yes. Sort of petunia on a vine. They would be annuals in your area but they grow fast from seed. A perennial vine would be clematis.

I'm no help, RRW.  Different plants grow way down here.  We did a butterfly, hummingbird garden that turned out great.  We bought potted plants that were different colors and heights and arranged them around a bird bath.  It didn't take long for the butterflies and birds to find it.  We also have a bird feeder there which yields sunflowers in the dirt from the spilled seeds.  

Edited by little cow

Sunflowers ate fun to grow because they are so easy.  Don't have luck with them at the farm ad the squirrels & chipmunks make meals out of them really fast.  Have some spots at the farm that would be perfect for milkweed garden.

We took a break and went to the beach for a few days.  Good break, but nice to be home with the animals.  

With all this cutting back on big animals, the budget is easier, but we needed another barn cat for the cow barn.  So, we stopped by the pound and found an orange and white adult kitty who was there for too long.  The staff had him as a barn cat candidate (found as a stray).   We asked if we could pick him up on Tuesday, but they said he wouldn't be there because his time was up.  So, we got him set up in a crate in the barn before we left.  The petsitter didn't mind checking up on him.  His name is Ralph.  So, basically, we sprung him from the joint just in time.  He gets to be free on the farm Friday.  He is very affectionate.  I hope this means an end to the chewed up feed bags and drowned rats in the water trough.

I wish the mice in my barn would drown in the water trough. I need a barn cat too, but I'm waiting for one to show up and move in. There's a cat that comes a few evenings a week and walks the back fence of the pasture. Every once in awhile, he dives off and catches something. But he hasn't come near the barn.

LC Ralph is good barn cat name.  Sure hope he does the job.

We put the closed sign up & went for a train ride.  Hubby rented the business car on the 261 steam excursion.  It came with 8 tickets, its just the three of us.  Didn't have any friends we wanted to bring along.  Kind of nice being just us relaxing in the lounge.

IMG_20190623_144610.jpg

Jubal, train departed at 9 & we just got back.  With our charter we were served breakfast, lunch, appetizers & beverages.  Could have had lots of wine.  However didn't as I still remember the wine I consumed last year not remembering the ride home.

OK so first pic is us next to the car we road. Second is the entire train with steam at the end. Last is the new EUnit they just got.  

IMG_20190623_174158.jpg

IMG_20190623_174513.jpg

IMG_20190623_174538.jpg

Don't you start your meals with a malt?  How about a yummy burger to wash it down.

Needless to say we are officially stuffed

IMG_20190623_185701.jpg

IMG_20190623_190315.jpg

I keep meaning to take pics of my garden for you guys. My problem is that my cell service at home sucks and often wont let me post pics, so I have to wait til I go to work and use the wifi. I did get my first tomato, which I will eat today for lunch. One of my green pepper plants is giving me peppers faster than I can eat them. My accidental pumpkin plant has a tiny pumpkin starting. I think my green bean plants are done and Ive tossed rhe red leaf lettuce, I still have the green leaf. My cucumbers are a work in progress and I actually need to plant some more today. The plants I bought are giving me the little small pickle like cucumbers. I think the plants I started from seeds will give me the nice cucumbers I want. My zucchini isnt producing yet and my hot pepper plant is full of blooms. I regret buying the asparagus because it has done absolutely nothing since I bought and repotted it. Ya win some, ya learn some.

QB, don't give up on the asparagus. It takes 2 to 3 years to produce. It will come up every year. Can produce as long 20 years. You need to have it planted in the ground not pots.

10 minutes ago, Danyel said:

QB, don't give up on the asparagus. It takes 2 to 3 years to produce. It will come up every year. Can produce as long 20 years. You need to have it planted in the ground not pots.

We used to plat ours on the edge of the yard and let it go wild. After 2-3 years it had spread and there was a LOT of it.

QB, you can chop & freeze the green pepper.  Agree.....asparagus is best planted on a tree line & does take couple years to set.  Once set it will take off.  I haven't grown it myself but have known a number of people who have & they can't give it away fast enough.

Well shoot, guess Ill just have to plant the asparagus somewhere. I have no idea where to plant it. Ill have to think about it. 

Doing some redecorating in my little place. I got all excited over a 3 tiered curtain rod (it hangs 3 curtains in layers). My brother called me an old lady lol. I got 2 of them for my kitchen. I have these 2 big windows side by side and I want/need to be able to control how much light comes in. Light = heat for me, so Im trying to keep that out but also use the windows for some indoor plants. Ill get them up tomorrow. Ive had regular curtain rods with dark curtains up since I moved in, Ill like the new curtain rods better. I also ordered an over the sink dish rack that will save me some counter space. Im excited about that too. The space where I currently dry my dishes on a bamboo rack will be my little "coffee bar". Its a perfect spot for my tiny coffee maker and will free up the counter space where it currently sits. I really want something to hang on the wall that has hooks for my coffee cups (multiple) and slots to hold my wine glasses (multiple), but I can't seem to find what I want online so Ill just make one. The landlord has lots of pallets I can use. 

Zarinna got her ponies dewormed this evening and it went perfectly. Even had enough left over to do the mini donkey.

Edited by QueenBAW

QB it is always fun to set up a home the way you like.

Today is a crap tastic!!!  Oh what fun to find a fridge door left open at work & food stock goes into the dumpster.  Then this morning found the breaker popped on our personal freezer.  Yup the rest of the Lance beef into the dumpster.  What else do you suppose can go into the dumpster.

Yup.....reach in fridge at work because someone couldn't close the door.  Freezer at home because the breaker popped.

In the past I have lost thousand of $$$$'s because staff unplugged a freezer needing an outlet then not plugging freezer back in.  If there is one thing that will make me go all ape poop syco on the staff that is  at the top of the list.  Told my office gal today that maybe I should buy a stuff mounted duck to remind us all to be like a duck & let the water roll off our back.

Vet is coming out tomorrow to put Libby down.  She has gotten worse.  I guess I saw the slide coming.  We've been spoiling her with treats and grooming.  The logistics are weird because we can't bury here due to the water table,  but she loves her big, stock trailer, so she should be fine going into it tomorrow.  The vet will have to put her down in the trailer so we can haul her away after she has passed.  LJ will be at VBS and then a friend's house until it's all done and the trailer is cleaned out.  He offered to be here for me, but I insisted that he go have fun.  I have never done it this way before and things could get weird.  I don't want him to witness that.  

Now, I have to send an email to her previous owner to let her know when.  She knew it was coming.  

Edited by little cow