*thoughts/prayers* for QB's brother's friend.  (((hugs))) for your brother, this must be so difficult for him to be so strong for his friend while his heart is aching over the reality.

Queen, sorry about your family friend.  Prayers for recovery.  A friend of mine had a massive stroke.  One year later, she is still in a wheelchair, but she can communicate now.  Her husband stayed with her every night in the hospital until she came home.  He is an incredibly dedicated man.  He is also a hospital chaplain and preacher and he never took any time off from his work.  He said he wasn't sleeping at home until she came home with him.  They are a wonderful love story.  

Anyone had gall bladder issues?  I had what might have been an attack last week and now I'm waiting on a surgical consult.  That was some pain and I'm no wimp (most of us horsefolks can cowboy up, ya' know?).  We're talking on all fours panting sort of pain.  I didn't go to the ER because hubby knew the signs weren't severe enough to be dangerous (and I hate going to the hospital) but neither of us got much sleep that night.  It finally calmed down and I went to the last day of VBS while fasting (didn't want to let the kids down).  I got through the weekend on a strict diet and the ultrasound was on Monday.  It showed little dark spots in there.   Over the past several years, I have tolerated less and less foods and altered my diet accordingly.  Now, I'm on a very boring diet until possible surgery to remove the pesky little thing.  Ironically, what set it off was homemade beef vegetable soup.  I used soup bones and cubed steak from our own steer.   High fat from those soup bones used to make the broth.  Dang, it was tasty, though.  I am going to freeze it. 

PD, haven't been outside other than taking Shortman to camp (course with the top down on the car) & dewatering the dogs.  Been a busy day.

LC,

I had my gall bladder out 25 years ago,  I had one attack, & didn't want another one. Had it out 2 days later.   A neighbor had one about a year after me, 7 ignored it, until he had gang green in his. he spent 3 weeks in hospital recovering from it,  I spent 3 days in hospital, but couldn't return to work for 3 weeks, as they wouldn't let me.   I had what they call band aid surgery, healed up in no time. I'm big on being pro-active as I can with my health. I can understand not liking hospitals, & they get expensive, but  you heal quicker when it i8s just a small problem, than you do when problem gets bigger. Best Wishes.   PD

My hubby had his out.  For as bad as it was they still did it laparoscopy.  He was sent home same day & took about a week to feel better.

Thanks, PD.  We hope to get the surgery soon.

RRW, That sounds like my friend"s experience.  I think once they schedule it, I''ll have to stock up so I don't need to carry any bags of feed, or bales of hay, for at least a week.  Hubby said I might need someone to help with chores the first few days.  I wonder how hard it would be to clean stalls?  After I had LJ, I was scooping poops after about a week (they were turned out in the pasture during that first week he was home).  There are only three stall/paddocks and it's mostly just scooping poops.  Bitsey and Maggie get turned out during the day and brought in at night.  They are polite about peeing in the paddocks overnight.  I'll need to strip the sheep shed, the cow shed, and the chicken coop ahead of time so they will be okay for a week or so.

Edited by little cow

Thanks for the good thoughts guys.

Been fishing a lot in the past few days. About to go again here in a few minutes. I could spend an entire day fishing. I had a BIG catfish get away from me the other evening. I reeled it in all the way to the bank and just as I was about to pull it onto the grass, it broke my line and took off. Man oh man. I dont fish for anything specific, just whatever I happen to hook is fine with me. I usually catch and release, but that catfish wouldve been dinner if Id have got my hands on it.

QB catching the big one is what makes it fun.

Sure hope you all had a nice 4th yesterday.  Worked all day here & hubby took Shortman to see the local fireworks.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend & be safe if you are traveling.

I was supposed to work today but got put on call, which is fine with me. Headed to the pond and wouldn't you know it, just as I was packing up to leave something jumped on my old poles line. I reeled and reeled and even pulled the line by hand and at the last minute, just as I could see my bobber, my line broke. Dannnnng iiiiiiittttt! Didnt get a look at it so not sure if it was a fish or a turtle but either way I was so close. Something in that pond has a very big hook in its mouth, Im sad to say. Of course that made me stay another hour. Burnt my knees and my shoulders, lol. Whats summer without a good sunburn though? Its lunch time now, for me anyway, but Im going back to the pond later.

15 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

You were probably fighting a tire:crazy:  Whatever is in that pond sure wants to torment you badly.  Good Luck!!

I think it might have been a turtle.

My landlord now calls me Huckleberry Finn LOL

15 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

If need be you can usually find canoe paddles at junk shops.  

Hmm, Ill have to keep my eyes open. 

These werent as big as the first few, but my plants are loaded with green ones. I didnt use cages with my first 3 plants and now Im regretting it. Ive tried tying them up with yard and making supports with tree branches, but my poor plants are a mess. Theyre producing though so Ill just chalk it up as a learning experience and use cages from now on. The 2 tomato plants I bought last week are caged and growing well. Think I might buy 2 more plants tomorrow, I saw some heat tolerant plants at Southern States. Yeah, I might be a little addicted to home grown tomatoes/plants. :-)

I made cages from left over no climb wire. It's kind of a stretch to pick them bit it works. I used puppy panels this year and just made a tent over the plants with two panels. That works better. And I laid landscape fabric down and made holes in it to plant them. Saves a whole lot of weeding. Now if those tomatoes will just ripen!

I had put cages on mine but the plants exploded with growth & number of the branches are not supported.  Gonna have to bring some twine in from the farm to tie them up if need be.  Also need to trim all the lower growth so it won't take away from the rest of the plant.  I'll take a updated jungle pic for you.  

On 7/8/2019 at 11:55 AM, RailroadWoman said:

I had put cages on mine but the plants exploded with growth & number of the branches are not supported.  Gonna have to bring some twine in from the farm to tie them up if need be.  Also need to trim all the lower growth so it won't take away from the rest of the plant.  I'll take a updated jungle pic for you.  

YES! Thats how my first 3 were/are. Im not sure that a cage would done much for all the branches!

I gave 3 tomatoes to my neighbor yesterday. He was so excited. Ive got another 3 ready to pick today.

You guys! Ive joined the land of the living and got a Netflix account LOL. This is a big deal for me as Im not technically inclined nor do I have internet or cable at home. But, I can download whatever I want from Netflix onto my tablet using either the wifi at the library or the wifi at work, and viola, watch it at home later without the need for internet. Yaay! So far Ive watched the whole first season of Stranger Things and just finished downloading season 2. I have tickets to a musical/parody based on Stranger Things in a few months and figured it would be a good idea to watch the series so I understand what the heck the musical/parody is about lol. 

What other shows on Netflix do you all suggest?

1 hour ago, noponies said:

What does that cost?

Im actually on a free month trial right now but I will probably continue after the month is up. I chose the $12.99 plan. 

All we watch is Netflix.  I laugh at how people complain when the rate goes up.  Heck with cable starting at $80 month do believe the $13 for Netflix is a steal.

You just got to figure out what you like to watch.  My only beef with Netflix is if you have a show you really like it doesn't take much to burn through a show.  Or you get suckered & binge watch.

Lets see:

House of Cards

Designated Survior

Royal Pains

Outlander

Office

Parks & Rec's

Person of Interest

Walking Dead

Rain

American Horor

Midwife

Greatest British Baking Show

There have been a number of other show really enjoyed but because no more seasons no reason to watch.