Alright you land lovers, put on a life vest as you are going on international waters.  We boarded the ferry heading west to the shores of Wisconsin.  Lucky us(haha) we west a good west wind coming across the lake.  Sure makes for an interesting ride.

IMG_20190828_085323.jpg

IMG_20190828_085837.jpg

IMG_20190828_085818.jpg

IMG_20190828_090017.jpg

IMG_20190828_095711.jpg

Jubal about the 1/2 way mark the waters were calmer.  We did try to go top deck front but the wind was way to strong.

Tonight we are staying in Sterguon Bay.  Very nice drive along the shore & some beautiful farm country.  Tomorrow we work our way home.  Only have maybe a 6hr drive

RRW,  Thanks for taking us along on your trip,  I enjoyed the ride through pictures. I'm seeing a lady right now & her roots run deep in Michigan,  & I knew she was familiar with the  many different areas your pictures were from, so we enjoyed them together tonight.  So we both thankyou.   Take Care, PD

RRW, looks like lots of fun!

Well, there is another hurricane making its way here.  We are preparing the farm, again.  

LC,  I wish you & your family & all of the south-east as hurricaine season begins a journey north. Take Care & you'll be in our thoughts & prayers.  PD

LC be safe & hope all will be tied down at your farm.

Our friend from FL is up for the summer.  His renters brought in all the outdoor furniture & headed to Atlanta.  We believe that he will not be terribly upset if the house we destroyed.  A reason for moving out of FL.

We went up to Door County.  Got our last views of Lake Michigan.  Stopped for a very yummy piece of cherry pie.  Door County is known for cherry & apple orchards.  Now we are heading towards home.

PD if we take hwy29 I'll be sure to wave hi.

Last pics of the lake.  Oh & Lake Michigan doesn't scare me nearly as much as Superior.  If that ferry was across Lake Superior not sure as I would take it across.

IMG_20190829_112601.jpg

IMG_20190829_112242.jpg

IMG_20190829_112539.jpg

RRW    Hello I felt the wind blow when you waved, I'm only 5 miles north of 29 at one point, so I could almost see you from home.  But wasn't home most of the day, was helping my sister get settled into a condo, that she just moved into.  She is disabled so can't do alot for herself. So she really needed  our help. Glad we could give it, but now we are both tired.  Take Care,   PD

RRW I always love your adventures, and your pics!

Welp, you guys were right, Faith shredded the diaper. I give up. Ill just deal with the couch, but it is pretty frustrating at times. On a good note, she hasnt peed on the couch in days for whatever reason. I came home from work and everything was unbelievably dry. Guess shes been in a good mood lol. My old Jenna dog has 3 paws in the grave and Im struggling with whether to euthanize her. I never thought Id struggle with this decision for her as Im not as attached to her as the other 2. Jenna is 17. Shes lost weight, primarily muscle in her hind end making it difficult for her to get up and down. Her appetite isnt as it used to be, probably not even half. Id say 90% of the time she keeps her tail tucked tight to her body, so I think its safe to assume shes in some pain. But she does still love to lay on the porch and watch the cars go by or the neighbors kids play in the yard. She loves to lay in the sunshine and she does (today in fact) have a good day here and there. I think her body is ready to go, but not her mind/soul, if that makes sense. I dont think it would be fair to her just yet to euthanize her.

Its become apparent to me lately that I am having some issues with depression. Depression runs rampant in my family and I think with everything that has happened in the past couple years it has just really thrown me down a hole. But, Im determined to overcome this. I am making myself get my crap together, get out of bed, be productive. I have spoken to my manager at work about it, and we had a really good honest conversation. I think Ill also talk to my brother about it, just so hes aware. Right now I havent talked to my doctor about it. If I cant shake this on my own or at least get a handle on it, then Ill go the medication route. Either way, Im going to be fine.

With that said...guess what....pony time at the farm is back in full swing, with an extra little girl this time too. The weather has gotten beautiful, Zarinna is back in action and suddenly I dont have enough ponies/horses! Lol. 

P.S. are any of you real estate agents? Im thinking about taking some real estate classes ;-)

I'm sorry, QB.  I hope things get easier soon.

Hurricane Dorian is bearing down.  It's going to stink, but we'll do what we can to get ready.  

11 hours ago, little cow said:

I'm sorry, QB.  I hope things get easier soon.

Hurricane Dorian is bearing down.  It's going to stink, but we'll do what we can to get ready.  

In the famous word of Custer, "Hold on to your hair". :crazy:

Jubal, it is actually orange.  Just depends on how the lighting is at any given time makes it look different.  

Tomorrow is the start of going to school battle that will last until the school year is over.

LJ has two more days off because of the storm coming in tomorrow.  Farm is as ready as it can be.  A neighbor I don't know well asked me to take one a pony that she was boarding.  No room for him with shelter.  I spoke with the owner and agreed.  The neigbor walked "Dinky" down the road to us.  He is fat, but his mane is chewed off, I treated him for thrush and sprayed his rain rot.  He owner hasn't seen him for months.  I told her about his condition.  She was upset, but I told we would on him.  She said is very happy we are boarding him instead of the neighbor.

So, here is where it gets weird.  I'm looking at this pony and he looks familiar....but with the mane missing it took me a minute...lo and behold, it's Gus!  The feral Shetland Pony we rescued six years ago, trained, and sold about three years ago.  He changed hands at least twice, but his current owner is building a barn for him (that's why she's boarding him).  She bought him for her grandson and it's apparently a great match.  She told me that she found her grandson in the kitchen with his pony.  When she asked what he was doing, he said, 'me and my friend are getting snacks', lol!  

I keep reminding myself to call him Dinky, lol!

Edited by little cow

LC it is funny how certain things in our lives go full circle.  You helped him once before & the big guy decided he needed to find you again.  You'll have your work cut out for you with "Gus" but in the end you are helping with his life once again.

I could just cry.  The days are much shorter already & the ponies are shedding out getting ready for winter.  School started today & we didn't have any breakdowns of not wanting to go.  Then this morning seeing as Halloween is a mere 7 weeks away, its time to find a pattern for this years costume.  Going as Anakin Skywalker the clone wars version.   I did my best to suggest going as people Shortman really looked up to but it was a no go.

LC,  Neat Story about Gus & the ladies grandson having Gus in kitchen getting snacks for his friend. Sounds like Dorian is going hit parts of the east coast of Florida, & then heading north to the Carolina's. Either way the rain it brings inland will still cause flooding & many other problems.  Stay Safe & Take Care,   PD

Railroad Woman - are you ever down in the Cities? There is a bar near us called the Choo Choo Bar. There is an actual caboose inside the bar. I think your little dude would really like it. http://www.choochooloretto.com/

Click on the Photo Gallery and you can see the caboose.

Edited by farah

20 hours ago, noponies said:

Sounds like "someone" sent Dinky back for a little rehab....

Lol!  I'm getting paid to take care of him.  That works!

7 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

LC it is funny how certain things in our lives go full circle.  You helped him once before & the big guy decided he needed to find you again.  You'll have your work cut out for you with "Gus" but in the end you are helping with his life once again.

I could just cry.  The days are much shorter already & the ponies are shedding out getting ready for winter.  School started today & we didn't have any breakdowns of not wanting to go.  Then this morning seeing as Halloween is a mere 7 weeks away, its time to find a pattern for this years costume.  Going as Anakin Skywalker the clone wars version.   I did my best to suggest going as people Shortman really looked up to but it was a no go.

That is great about his first day going well!  I know it's been hard on you guys.  Not a bad choice.  He's a 'good guy'.  I had to nix LJ's idea of the grim reaper, lol!  The idea came from one of his friends with excess access to computer games.  

6 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

LC,  Neat Story about Gus & the ladies grandson having Gus in kitchen getting snacks for his friend. Sounds like Dorian is going hit parts of the east coast of Florida, & then heading north to the Carolina's. Either way the rain it brings inland will still cause flooding & many other problems.  Stay Safe & Take Care,   PD

Thanks, PD.  We are enjoying blue skies right now.  Dorian dumped her wrath on the Bahamas.  The pictures are heartbreaking.  

LC, I tried my best to talk him into  going as Ed Dickens head of the Union Pacific steam program.  Ed is Shortman's idol.

Farah, thanks for the link.  That is the kind of place we would drive to the cities just to go & eat.  Told hubby about it & we will have to try & make our way there with an empty stomach.

11 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

LC, I tried my best to talk him into  going as Ed Dickens head of the Union Pacific steam program.  Ed is Shortman's idol.

Farah, thanks for the link.  That is the kind of place we would drive to the cities just to go & eat.  Told hubby about it & we will have to try & make our way there with an empty stomach.

Shortman is learning peer pressure, perhaps?  The popular choice is a bit safer.  

Outer bands of Dorian have arrived.  Everything was closed yesterday because they didn't anticipate the stall over the Bahamas.  Now, it's a tropical storm over our heads and a hurricane for the coast.  LJ is happy about no school yesterday or today.  Back to school tomorrow, as long as they have power.