See that your weather radar is working.  Guessing it also has a siren to let you know when the storm hits.

The costume isn't about peer pressure.  For couple months its been about star wars.  The other day he said something about his hair & how it will be perfect just like the character. I figured he would go as a storm trooper.  Last couple years tried to talk him into being traditional Dracula   He would look really nice in a black suit & a cape with bright red satin.  Then again he always comments about how I sew his costumes.  Believe it has more to do with that.

37 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

See that your weather radar is working.  Guessing it also has a siren to let you know when the storm hits.

The costume isn't about peer pressure.  For couple months its been about star wars.  The other day he said something about his hair & how it will be perfect just like the character. I figured he would go as a storm trooper.  Last couple years tried to talk him into being traditional Dracula   He would look really nice in a black suit & a cape with bright red satin.  Then again he always comments about how I sew his costumes.  Believe it has more to do with that.

I think we all went through that Star Wars phase as kids.  I hope he has a great time.  He has an awesome mom that makes his costumes.   That is very cool.  

It's quiet right now, so I fed everyone.   A snake was trying to find shelter in the barn.  He was scaring Dinky/Gus, so I shooed him under the pallet for the garden supplies to keep him away from the stalls.  The barn cat didn't like him either.  I tried to shoo him out, but he wasn't having any of it.  It's wet outside, lol!  I think he was a black racer.  Good barn snakes. 

Edited by little cow

You could have move him with a garden rake.  Nice of you to move & that DG didn't end its life.  If it were my two that would have found it I am sure Zip & Magoo would make sure it never visited again.  Heck, the cats are never sure if it is safe to go through the paddock.

Oh I enjoy making his costumes.  Believe only have 2 that didn't keep, otherwise they are all in storage.  The making of costumes is my something special for him.  Some make scrapbooks write journals for their kids but that isn't my thing.  So guess making costumes will have to do.

19 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

LC, I tried my best to talk him into  going as Ed Dickens head of the Union Pacific steam program.  Ed is Shortman's idol.

Farah, thanks for the link.  That is the kind of place we would drive to the cities just to go & eat.  Told hubby about it & we will have to try & make our way there with an empty stomach.

And just an FYI, their food is really good!

Well, the wind has picked up a lot, but only a smattering of rain.  Thank God. 

We got the farm all cleaned up and secured everything.  If we lose power, it will likely be in the next hour.  We'll be ready for the next one.  

All is well here.  Been busy & doesn't look like it will let up until November.  If the nice weather holds out that will make a difference.

Sorry I didn't make any coffee this morning so you are all on your own today.  Have a good one.

All the plants are back out on the porch.  The horses enjoyed overnight turnout (heatwave right now), and everything is getting back to normal.  The half grown baby hens stayed a few extra days in the garage, because of the storm, but now they are in huge dog crate until they can go in the coop.  

LC,  Good to know that things are slowly returning to normal for you, the power of nature can unlease is a bit over whelming at times.  Take Care ,  PD

In need or your opinions:

So March dogs we to the vet.  Vet suggest putting George on Purina Brightminds.  Looked up the food & well being me I was not going to pay $51 for a 30lb bag of food.  I have always fed my dogs Purina Dog Chow with no problems & it maintained their weight.  So I did a little research & decided to go the next step up with Purina Smart Blend (they have been on it a good 2-3 months now).  

On Smart Blend Odie has been doing great.  Maintaining his weight, not eating grass like a cow & breath is better.  Now for George he isn't eating the grass & same with the breath BUT:  he is not maintaining weight in fact he is loosing it. (He is parasite fee)

Would you:

A: go back to the previous food for both

B: mix the two feeds together for a blend

C: buy the two feeds so each dog has its own blend

D: what would you do?

Thank you for your input on the subject & I will truly digest your comments. 

I'd try b for now and see if gains back.  Our GSD does great on the food that makes the spaniel fat.  One size doesn't fit all.

George is 8yrs & that is why vet suggested the higher grade of food. George is typically 25-28lbs

Odie is 6yrs & around 88-90lbs.

They get the same amount of exercise.  If it helps Odie usually gets 2 1/2-3 cups of  food at day, George gets 1-1/2 cups but now have added an additional feeding of about 1/2c at night.  Since changing from the previous food I have upped the amount they get.

I think if it's safe (look at directions on bag) I'd just up the amount of food George gets again until he starts gaining and then level off when he's back to his old weight. I thought dogs got fatter as they got older. Did his checkup show anything wrong? If they've stopped eating grass and have better breath, the food must be better for them.

Edited by jubal

Nothing wrong in check up.  I have always slightly underfed my dogs to keep the added weight off so as they get older they can get around just as easy.  Just find that with the slight underfeeding that when they get older into teens they don't keep on the weight.  This is what happened with our Willy but we did keep him going till almost 14 & he was lab/chow.  

Like the suggestion of continuing the extra feeding for a while & see how it goes.  Otherwise I have have been leaning towards mixing the two blends.

Jubal, that was something that I was wondering.  Their bodys were maintaining well with the underfeeding on the old food compared to the new.

So with the help of your input, talking with hubby & a staffer we will just put George back on the old food & keep Odie on the new.  We will see how it goes from there

It probably has something to do with the ingredients. Like fat content compared to protein. Have you compared the two?

That's the reason then. My old vet recommended corn oil to keep weight on my senior horse. I think you could feed some of each to George and get both the protein and the fat he needs.

I switched brands of dog food to Dr Gary's I think it is . both Goldie and buddy lost weight on it. I had to buy some junk dog food to get them to gaining . spring is doing really well on it . maybe even gained in it . of course she isn't as active as the other two .  

How can a perfectly good day go in the dump in less than an hour?  That would be my afternoon.

A room not turned over

Guests letting Odie out & not bothering to put him back in. Found him running at the fairgrounds on the other side of the fence.

Can't forget the stink eye for not getting checked in RIGHT at 3pm ( because I was tethering Odie from the opposite side of the fence)

Think it is time to make a fresh pot of coffee.  Could thing of many more beverages that are stronger but the coffee will be better.

Edited by RailroadWoman

Here, however been getting my butt handed to me.  Housekeeper not able to work for the week.  So needless to say have no time to stop when there are 12 rooms to turn over b4 3pm.  Luckily my hubby comes in & vacs the rooms for me to be of some help.  

Went to this antique store today. It's the second largest in the country. It's a local landmark but the owner has cancer and has to close it. What a loss! A developer has bought the property and will tear down the very old building to build condos. I considered buying a merry-go-round horse but then realized I wouldn't be able to ride it, so no go.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x886972c69de4373b%3A0x43c14b90e8970e97!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipP2dljmT_QNhNUNlfeIMayabGh7EkC08h44Lv_Q%3Dw120-h160-k-no!5sjoe ley antiques louisville ky - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPKr_dmlr8mex9-dc82uTkjKEEbq0__e8PNLbHU&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjI4JP6uszkAhVLRqwKHc4UDZ8QoiowE3oECAsQBg

LC, sure hope you feel better real soon. Take care of yourself.

Jubal, what a shame about the antique shop.  There are some beautiful items & seen some chandeliers that would be perfect for my business car.  Oh just splurge on yourself & get the horse.  You don't have to feed it only dust it.