LC, the joys of school once again starting back up.  We all get sick in some form or fashion.  When working in the nursing homes generally 2 weeks after school started residents would get sick.

8 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

LC, sure hope you feel better real soon. Take care of yourself.

Jubal, what a shame about the antique shop.  There are some beautiful items & seen some chandeliers that would be perfect for my business car.  Oh just splurge on yourself & get the horse.  You don't have to feed it only dust it. 

RRW it's all for sale. Ask for a price. They're nice people. The owner was an orphan and when he became an adult, he started buying all the things he didn't have as a kid. He has one room where nothing's for sale. It's where all his favorite things are. He's only selling because he has cancer. His daughter who helps at the business, also has cancer. Talk about bad luck.

If I knew someone I could trust to install a pole for it, I would buy the horse. But good handymen are a rare commodity around here.

Edited by jubal

11 hours ago, jubal said:

RRW it's all for sale. Ask for a price. They're nice people. The owner was an orphan and when he became an adult, he started buying all the things he didn't have as a kid. He has one room where nothing's for sale. It's where all his favorite things are. He's only selling because he has cancer. His daughter who helps at the business, also has cancer. Talk about bad luck.

If I knew someone I could trust to install a pole for it, I would buy the horse. But good handymen are a rare commodity around here.

Why not mount the pole in a solid, but moveable base? I've seen that done, actually.

Agree with NP.  Have seen the horses mounted on a base.  Heck ask to purchase the base it is already on.

Jubal,  seem handymen are good at having the money put in their hand but not a hammer.  

We are far from redoing the business car.  Told hubby when we get to the point of starting the project will have to take photos along the way & have a friend write a story.  Then submit it to Better Homes & Garden as a spread piece.  It would definitely be a different remodel project.

I'd still need someone to do it. And either one would require a certain amount of skill to keep from damaging the horse. Besides, I just spent a big chunk of money replacing  HVAC ducts. I need to channel my adult self.