Oh boy.  Strep throat.  Good times.  

The animals are doing well and the boy is coping well with sixth grade.  Counting blessings....

LC, the joys of school once again starting back up.  We all get sick in some form or fashion.  When working in the nursing homes generally 2 weeks after school started residents would get sick.

8 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

LC, sure hope you feel better real soon. Take care of yourself.

Jubal, what a shame about the antique shop.  There are some beautiful items & seen some chandeliers that would be perfect for my business car.  Oh just splurge on yourself & get the horse.  You don't have to feed it only dust it. 

RRW it's all for sale. Ask for a price. They're nice people. The owner was an orphan and when he became an adult, he started buying all the things he didn't have as a kid. He has one room where nothing's for sale. It's where all his favorite things are. He's only selling because he has cancer. His daughter who helps at the business, also has cancer. Talk about bad luck.

If I knew someone I could trust to install a pole for it, I would buy the horse. But good handymen are a rare commodity around here.

Edited by jubal

11 hours ago, jubal said:

RRW it's all for sale. Ask for a price. They're nice people. The owner was an orphan and when he became an adult, he started buying all the things he didn't have as a kid. He has one room where nothing's for sale. It's where all his favorite things are. He's only selling because he has cancer. His daughter who helps at the business, also has cancer. Talk about bad luck.

If I knew someone I could trust to install a pole for it, I would buy the horse. But good handymen are a rare commodity around here.

Why not mount the pole in a solid, but moveable base? I've seen that done, actually.

Agree with NP.  Have seen the horses mounted on a base.  Heck ask to purchase the base it is already on.

Jubal,  seem handymen are good at having the money put in their hand but not a hammer.  

We are far from redoing the business car.  Told hubby when we get to the point of starting the project will have to take photos along the way & have a friend write a story.  Then submit it to Better Homes & Garden as a spread piece.  It would definitely be a different remodel project.

I'd still need someone to do it. And either one would require a certain amount of skill to keep from damaging the horse. Besides, I just spent a big chunk of money replacing  HVAC ducts. I need to channel my adult self.

Remember the neighbor that had a donkey and a mare that they thought were breeding?  They were newbies and another neighbor, a horse breeder, had talked them into it.  Well, the whole story is much more innocent.  The newbie neighbors picked up a small standard stud donkey, unknowingly, and the breeder neighbor was worried about him getting out of a weak fence and breeding her mares, so she found them a pony mare to keep him company.  I went over to help today and the mare is 25.  Probably not bred.  She had a few minor issues, but was a rescue and they have a beautiful pasture for them.  They also have older grandchildren that are interested in giving attention to the mare and donkey.  I gave them some pointers and the name of a vet to give them an exam and castrate the donkey.  I gave them some supplies and will continue to help them get the animals more comfy.  They are getting their hooves trimmed, which is good.  With only a little work, this is going to be a great situation for all of them.  

Almost sounded like you were going to have to change your road name to Mule Way.

Had a very nice day off.  Temps hit 80 & got the afternoon to mow at the farm, making for a very enjoyable time.

RRW, that sounds nice. 

We had a big bay tree come down on the back fence.  Got it patched, but it will need a little more work.  

I'm almost recovered so it's back to fencing chores.  I need to build an electric fence to divide the big pasture in half.  That way, the horses can be out on one side and the cows on the other and horses don't eat the cow feed.  It will be a busy weeks.  Got some supplies today.  I'll mark out the fenceline tomorrow and drop the wooden posts every 40 feet.  We're using t posts for the stretches between the wooden posts, so I'll drive those in as well.  I have the clips for the hotwire.  It's heavy gage, so Mr. LC gets to bend it through this weekend.  Got the caps for the tops of the t posts.  The charger should be here Wednesday.   

LJ's sheep should lamb next month and we have to finish their second pasture to separate the ram once the lambs arrive.  

And, I have to prepare my winter garden site.

It will slow down some day.  

Edited by little cow

Joys of this time of year.  Have only till mid Oct to get things cleaned up for the winter.  The weather can change for us really fast & ugly in Oct.  Did get all but one flower pot cleaned out, tomato plants still have to get cleaned out & the garage needs to be purged.  If don't get the garage done will have no place to put anything.  As of Oct 1 the RV park will be permanently closed so need to figure what picnic tables to keep & what ones to donate.

It is always something & the more we do the more work we find.  Have a great morning. 

I need to vacuum our pool.  Next week we are supposed to have 90s temps and then we'll probably shock/vacuum and close it up by the end of the month.  I wish it were heated so I could swim year-round.  I'm always more fit in the summer and then winter-body takes over.

Halloween is on my mind!
Check out the spider my husband welded together for me!  Still needs fangs and eyes, then I can paint her.

No photo description available.

Image may contain: indoor

This is Everett, my friend/co-worker's son.  He is going to help build a web to put Charlotte in for my yard display.  We plan on using zip ties and white paracord, soaked in glow-in-the-dark paint to make the 15-20' diameter web.  And since I named her Charlotte, another co-worker suggested I put a "word" in her web.  I'm not sure what word it will be (Spooky?  Boo?) but we can use orange paracord to spell it out.
Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Heidi, love your spider.  

We have added to our skeleton collection for this year.  I have Harold the bone spider who it currently sitting atop of the cabinet in the lobby.  Once October hits I'll hang him upside down from the ceiling above the front counter. Then we will have to get Stewart out of storage.

I love that spider!

Hey yall! All is ok here. Unfortunately just as quick as I was busy with the kids and ponies again, they vanished..again. Poor Margarita and June are full of burrs already and look lonely. I filed their little hooves the other day..our farrier has been missing in action for some time now. I think when he shows back up Im gonna see if he will teach me the basics of trimming. I know its not easy and Ive been very intimated to trim myself for many years. But, Id like to give it a whirl, not make a job out of it or anything, just trim what we have at the farm.

Got some sad news the other day..the Appy I gave away with Mr. Butters passed away. Complicated Colic. I havent told Zarinna yet. She was a great horse and she lived a wonderful life with me and at her new home. Lots of people from her new home were very sad.

Im starting to think that maybe Im not depressed after all and just more of a home body these days lol. Still sorting it out/working on it. 

Looked more into what I need to do to get my real estate license and it doesnt look too bad. I want to sit down and talk to a realtor friend of my landlords though before I make any major decision.

Been thinking about hanging up my saloon girl outfit...or just parting ways with the western group really. Long story that Ill post about later ;-)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. The weather has turned quite beautiful here lately.

I'm sorry for the Appy's passing.  Colic is awful.

I took pics of Ever this weekend and I wanted to share the comparison from when he first arrived.  I think he's gained all he needed to and looks great.

aac.jpg

aag.jpg

acd.jpg

abx.jpg

3 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

So when is he going to foal?  By the looks of his shadow in the last pic it could be any time.:crazy:

Oh, yes, the baby has definitely dropped!  ROFL

RRW, Who is that young loving couple in the first picture?!!?  Nice to see a couple after years of marriage still care deeply about each other. That picture really captures that.  The rest are goof also.    Best Wishes.   PD

PD, thank you so much for your lovely words.  As of Oct 4 it will mark 27 years since I went on a blind date & next spring married for 16 of those years.  We still ask each other how it is possible that we are still together after all this time.

RRW,  I met my wife on a blind date back in Oct.  1968,  Yes do miss my wife at times, especially  when I see a couple still in love after years together.  But I don't think of her  with sorrow, I remember the good times, we shared for 47 years, Those memories will never be erased.  Best Wishes. PD