So we know Heidi is getting ready for Halloween.  Who else is getting their place spooked out?  

Today we will be bringing out Stewart & getting the lobby all decorated.

Is Shortman's costume ready yet?

I looked in the empty stall this morning. It had about a foot of loose hay on the floor that Jubal was too well fed to eat. The top of the hay was six inches deep in cobwebs! I thought about advertising real Halloween cobwebs for sale.

Last night, I couldn't sleep so I was up watching late shows. The deck doors were open and suddenly a pack of coyotes started howling and barking and they must have been in my pasture. I got the spotlight and as soon as I put it on the pasture, the racket stopped. Then I got afraid they would go in the barn and attack Jubal! Will a coyote pack do that? Anyway, after shining the light at the barn for awhile, Jubal whinnied and didn't sound distressed, so  I stopped worrying.

Edited by jubal

Jubal, got the fabric & once all guests are in I'll start pinning.  This costume shouldn't take to long to put together except for the leg, arm, & chest plate.  Those I have to make my own pattern, I'll use wrapping paper for that.  One pattern is to small so have to add an inch to that one so it will fit.

This is the look we are going for.  So far Shortman has the hair style for his costume & found on youtube how to make a scar.

Image result for anakin skywalker clone wars

44 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Jubal, got the fabric & once all guests are in I'll start pinning.  This costume shouldn't take to long to put together except for the leg, arm, & chest plate.  Those I have to make my own pattern, I'll use wrapping paper for that.  One pattern is to small so have to add an inch to that one so it will fit.

This is the look we are going for.  So far Shortman has the hair style for his costume & found on youtube how to make a scar.

Image result for anakin skywalker clone wars

Where does the scar go? Who is this character? I'm hopelessly out of the loop.

Thanks LC. Now I won't have to stay up all night waiting for them to come back.

Coyotes prefer more helpless prey, like newborn lambs, calves, foals, rabbits, cats and the occasional small dog. A pack WILL gang up on a large dog if there are enough of them. This time of year, they are teaching the youngsters to hunt.

3 hours ago, noponies said:

Coyotes prefer more helpless prey, like newborn lambs, calves, foals, rabbits, cats and the occasional small dog. A pack WILL gang up on a large dog if there are enough of them. This time of year, they are teaching the youngsters to hunt.

I think they already got the stray cat I was feeding. I was trying to get it to hunt in my barn. And I haven't seen the resident bunnies lately.

2 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Jubal, this is Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars.  The character has a scar across his eye.  

Okay, didn't see those movies. But it's a neat outfit.

Heidi, is that from a cartoon?  We gave up on the middle three Star Wars.  John fell asleep during one of them.  Lucas must have lost his groove.  Too many politics.  It was a bit like watching C-SPAN, lol!  We finally saw the new Star Wars movies.  I wasn't impressed with those either.  Disney sucks.  

Edited by little cow

LC this s is from the Clone Wars & its cartoon.  Lucas has no longer involved, its Disney.  I agree the story line isn't nearly as good.  Now its all about big $$ 

26 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

LC this s is from the Clone Wars & its cartoon.  Lucas has no longer involved, its Disney.  I agree the story line isn't nearly as good.  Now its all about big $$ 

Sorry, I meant to ask you, lol!  

LJ watched a few of those.  He loves the original three that we all grew up with.  Lucas was young and did the shoestring thing for the first one.  I think hunger inspires people to work harder.  A big, fat corporation can't replicate college graduate hunger.  

Now, it's all about marketing and formulas.  

The best kids movies out there are made by British Aardman.  The claymation guys.  Funny stuff.  They still remember what it's like to be hungry grad students, lol!

Along the same lines, the Batman movie coming out today.....

They expect violence because of the Colorado shooting during the last one.  They EXPECT it.  Yet, the movie studio only 'scaled back' their events at the opening.  They could have opened at less theaters or had less show times.  They could have done a staggered opening.  They could opened at smaller theaters.  They could pay for extra police hours all over the country. 

Near us, the mall with the most problems with violence has 18 showings tonight.  Good grief!

Nope.  It's all about the money.  They don't really care if people are at risk.  Makes me sick.  I will never go to a Batman movie.  

Edited by little cow

Ever since the first major writers strike in the early 90's nothing really good has been out.  That was when tv programming went to reality tv & a number of shows/movies are all based on remakes.  

We have a tendency to watch programming from the 80's to mid 90's.  The shows actually had a story.  Example I had just finished watching the complete series of MacGyver  (watch dvd while folding motel laundry) Now that I am done with that I ordered myself Nash Bridges that is a good cop show with a story.  After this I'll probably go to the farm & dig out X Files.  I have watched Dallas twice already.  Bewitched would be another good one to watch again.  I am on the fence about ordering Dynasty. 

RRW, Speaking of reality TV, have you ever watched a show called Cowboy Way Alabama, it might be a bit dull for some, but it is about 3 cowboys in Alabama, That Love  country God & family.  Quality entertainment is hard to find.these days. Years ago they made good comedies that gave you belly laughs, but still family entertainment.   PD

PD, the entire motel has cable but we choose not to hook it up in the living quarters.  We only watch Netflix, DVD collection or YouTube is there is something funny we heard about that was broadcasted.  Have to agree with you that there are very few funny comedies.  I loved watching Cheers.  Got that on DVD but missing some seasons.

3 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

RRW, Speaking of reality TV, have you ever watched a show called Cowboy Way Alabama, it might be a bit dull for some, but it is about 3 cowboys in Alabama, That Love  country God & family.  Quality entertainment is hard to find.these days. Years ago they made good comedies that gave you belly laughs, but still family entertainment.   PD

Today's "comedy" isn't funny. Its just ugly.

1 hour ago, noponies said:

Today's "comedy" isn't funny. Its just ugly.

np,  I totally agree with your statement.  There was alot of good entertainment that came out of the 30s-40-& 50s.  Take Care PD

No cable, network tv, or satellite?   Netflix or dvds only?  That's how we've been doing it for the last 14 years.  Haven't missed a thing, lol!

After we finished all the old Twilight Zone episodes, we added Apple tv so we could watch the new Dr. Who.  Never saw it before.  It can be a little intense, but good lessons and the boys love sci fi.  

I watch PBS mostly. The British are much better at TV than the US. And Brit comedy is funnier. The only US show I really like is American Pickers. I've seen most of them multiple times. If you like mysteries, PBS has a lot of British mysteries. Not my thing.

I hate that I prefer a lot of British tv.  But, I'll get over it.  The thing I like the most is that they have fat people, ugly people, odd looking people (in all fairness, it could just be facial features I'm not used to).  They even have fat and ugly women on BBC.  Not so here.  Not so.  Got to be young, skinny, botoxed, and packing a big chest to be on US tv.

Edited by little cow

Been finding myself watching more British shows on Netflix & Canadian productions are good as well.  Keeping Up Appearances was always a favorite with Mrs. Bucket but pronounced with a snobby voice "Bouquet".  Oh can't forget Are You Being Served?  another good one.  

Last we actually paid for tv as in cable was in 2000. Had it in the year we lived in one of the motel rooms but we always ended up watching our collection or streaming.  So yes you can live without tv.

I was mistaken.  The Batman movie comes out tonight.  I thought, maybe, they picked a non-weekend day.  No, of course not.  Warner Bros, anyone hurt tonight is blood on your hands.  

1 hour ago, little cow said:

I was mistaken.  The Batman movie comes out tonight.  I thought, maybe, they picked a non-weekend day.  No, of course not.  Warner Bros, anyone hurt tonight is blood on your hands.  

Seriously? Are people no longer responsible for their own actions?