There is a very fine line for  what a person is responsible is for any more.  With media, tv, movies & especially video games who do you blame.  It has sadly become a "me" society.  Not my fault.

One a brighter note tonight is the 27 mark of a blind date that went well.  To celebrate we went out to our favorite spot that we haven't been to for a good month. (been working to much)  Hubby sent me a fantastic surprise of a dozen roses.  

Tomorrow is another mark of a year older. 

Yesterday was the feast day for St. Francis of Assisi.  We took Bitsey and LJ's little pet gecko, Serena.  Bitsey was so good.  We were on a grassy spot near the stute and our priest set up right next to us.  I offered to move, but he said she was fine.  She was standing so perfectly during the service.  Towards the end, the priest blessed the water to sprinkle on the animals present (he uses a little whisk broom looking thing dipped in a small metal pail to flick it on them).  Bitsey's eyes were half closed in the waning evening sun when the priest turned to bless her first.  When the water hit her face, she woke suddenly, bringing her head up.  She stood still, though.  Everyone laughed.  I said, "That's why you don't sleep at church!".  LJ's little gecko closed her eyes and licked her lips when she was sprinkled, the little goody-two-shoes.  

Anyway, pictures.

IMG_3516.JPG

IMG_3509.JPG

Serena.jpg

LC, you had a beautiful day for your pet blessing.  We took Odie for his blessing Thursday & the weather made it rather interesting.  Everyone was shoehorned in the church entry.   Odie believes being blessed mean he can be little naughty for the next 365 till gets redeemed with next years blessing.  Its fun to see everyone with their pets.

Lol, go Odie!  

Everyone else had dogs.  Sometimes there are other animals, but not this year.  We figure if we keep bringing different animals, we’ll eventually bless the whole farm.  Haven’t tried hens.  They hate water.  Might not go well, lol!

At our blessing there is usually something different.  Couple years ago one boy went out & caught a frog to bring in as he didn't have any pets.

What I love about the pet blessing with Odie is to see the reaction of the PK kids.  This year they just couldn't get over how big & soft he was.  One little boys chin went to the top of Odies rump & the kids eyes were like saucers at how big he was.

LC, I just love your little mare.  She looks like such a trooper at going with the flow.

Cows eating pumpkin.  I was making this to show my non-farm family members.  It has an unexpected ending, lol!  That's Fiona who flings the pumpkin and her calf, Ursa.  

Just now, RailroadWoman said:

At our blessing there is usually something different.  Couple years ago one boy went out & caught a frog to bring in as he didn't have any pets.

What I love about the pet blessing with Odie is to see the reaction of the PK kids.  This year they just couldn't get over how big & soft he was.  One little boys chin went to the top of Odies rump & the kids eyes were like saucers at how big he was.

LC, I just love your little mare.  She looks like such a trooper at going with the flow.

Oh my goodness!  The boy with the frog...that kills me.  How adorable!

Odie is such a good boy.  :)

It is amazing how much the critters love pumpkin.  Just have to split it & it will get eaten up.  Same with deer so long as they are split they will eat it also.  I wonder if the ponies would eat the pumpkin.

It is amazing.  The sun came out today, been a good week since we have seen it.  This means its a good day to get stuff put away before the blasted snow arrives.

Hope everyone has a great day & get a chance to enjoy the outdoors

I got a lot of progress on my winter garden.  I should be able to plant Tuesday.  Carrots, cabbage, snap peas, and some flowers.  

Oh iceberg lettuce & snow peas grow fantastic here.:crazy:

So today with the wonderful sun being out all day we worked outside.  Shortman worked on dragging the lawn sweeper around with the mower, helped put away all the chairs we put out for guests & the garage got a good cleaning out. When hubby came back after work he was surprised at all that got done.  Other than a few things that still have to be pitched the extra stall is cleaned out so can fit the bugs in for the winter.   Oh I had also filled the dumpster to the brim.  

On another good note.  Hubby had bought me a shipping container for the farm & it will arrive this week.  We bought racking shelves whenre they were on sale last week for the container.  Ready to pack & put items away for storage.  

So today I'm taking you on a day trip.  Hubby chartered a train ride for us.  We are going from Duluth to Two Harbors Mn.  

We are riding in the private car Northland built for the Duluth & Missabe Iron Range railroad 1916.  It looks like wood interior but is actually hand painted to give the look.  The car was used for filming the movie Iron Will.

IMG_20191007_120157.jpg

IMG_20191007_121133.jpg

IMG_20191007_121057.jpg

IMG_20191007_120651.jpg

IMG_20191007_121001.jpg

Here are some sights of Lake Superior & the lift bridge.  

Views of Tisher Creek & Lester River.  They are rather high with all the rain we've gotten.

IMG_20191007_123131.jpg

IMG_20191007_123058.jpg

IMG_20191007_124340.jpg

IMG_20191007_125635.jpg

Welcome to Two Harbors.  We are here for a while because we have to wait for an ore train.  No problem because the weather is perfect & micro brew good

IMG_20191007_141343.jpg

IMG_20191007_143129.jpg

IMG_20191007_143134.jpg

IMG_20191007_150720.jpg

NP you were hungry?  Well here you go.  Welcome to Grandma's in Canal Park.  Still have the best onion rings & hard to beat their cream of chicken wild rice soup.

We were seated in the newer section so not as much stuff hanging on n the walls or ceiling.

IMG_20191007_193516.jpg

IMG_20191007_193503.jpg

IMG_20191007_195323.jpg

IMG_20191007_200458.jpg

RRW,  You've gone & done it now.  You made me hungry with those onion rings &  chicken & wild rice soup.  Both look very good.  Been years, since I've been to Grandma's in Duluth.  But I know the food is goiod.  Neat Pictures of train ride,  glad you can get away like you do for a day.  Take Care,  PD

Always enjoy taking you all along for the adventures.  Nothing more for planned road trip till our holiday vaca & not really sure what or where we are going on that one.  There are already have some definite stops we are going to make otherwise it is all up in the air right now.  Believe on that trip we just might find ourselves in Savannah. 

5 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Always enjoy taking you all along for the adventures.  Nothing more for planned road trip till our holiday vaca & not really sure what or where we are going on that one.  There are already have some definite stops we are going to make otherwise it is all up in the air right now.  Believe on that trip we just might find ourselves in Savannah. 

If you can get to the FL/GA border, Cumberland Island National Park is a neat place to see wild ponies.  Ferry to the island leaves from  St. Mary's, GA.  Nice restaurants there.  We're going up there this month.  LJ has a few random days off.  It's only about an hour drive for us, but the ferry leaves only once in the morning and returns in the afternoon.  

Edited by little cow