LC, that sounds like a really neat place to see.  Will have to make a note of it & see where it will fall on the travels.  Hubby is the vaca planner & sometimes its hard to get other ideas of things to do.  So long as I can spend some time in one spot for three days with sun I'll be happy to go.  Hubby loves to go go go.  I've started campaigning for a trip to Hawaii,  would love to go to the volcano national park.  This is a location on my list of must see.  

What are some of your must see list?

This is on my list:

Ride the Yukon & White pass in Alaska

Ride Via to Church Hill

Ride the rails in Russia

Visit the national monuments

See the grand canyon

Stay a night or two at Fairmont Banff Springs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banff_Springs_Hotel

Niagara Falls

For some reason I have also wanted to go to Nova Scotia, don't know why but have wanted to visit. 

Oh happy happy joy joy!!!!!!!  We've got  stuff nobody wants coming down from the sky.  Was coming down off & on the past two days but today it is really noticeable.  

No need for the shovel to be used other than the leaf piles.  Our ground is still to wet & warm for it to add up, but just north of us by 15 miles they got a dusting.  Next week its projected to be upper 50's.  Fingers crossed it happens as still have to mow one last time.

Oh the kitchen is starting to smell good.  Decided to put a roast in the slow cooker for dinner tonight.

On a funny note.  Shortman had his school pic taken last week.  Told him he should have worn a orange jumpsuit with a number printed on it as he looked like a convicted convict.  What was in the blasted mind of the photographer to take such a horrible pic!!!!  Heck the horrible passport or DMV pic is better.

I got my license renewed yesterday. Not only does the photo not look like me, (I hope,) but it's very blurry. I don't know how anyone could identify me with it. And why do DMV staff always seem so disgruntled? I also went to the sheriff's office and the county clerk's office. Staff in both places were so much more pleasant.

Must be a requirement in order to get the job.  Doing anything with the DMV is a real treat.

Between my various ids it looks like I went from a federal prison to an insane asylum the pics are that bad.

This has been a day of mixed weather,  met my sister for lunch, & then went grocery shopping,  pulled into parking lot, it was overcast with snow pellets falling, called a friend of mine & talked for a while, when I went into store the sun was out,  on the way home it started to rain. Made one more stop, rain stopped & sun came out again.  Mother Nature isn't sure what kind of wearther we should have today,  or maybe this a Sunday special, & a variety pack!!!  Have a great week all. 

jubal,    If you just renewed your license, that means you just had a birthday, or soon will have, either way I wish you well, & sorry DMV  takes lousy pictures. Take Care All, PD

It's not until next month, PD. I was just being efficient. Real estate taxes, truck tags and driver's license all due next month. It took less than an hour to do all three. Gotta love small towns!

Happy early BDay!

PD it was a mixed bag here also.  The morning consisted of ploppy snow then cloudy, did see the sun & pouring rain.  Have always said October is cat & mouse month for Mrs Nature.  She was not nice this past few days so I'm not calling her Mother.

5 hours ago, jubal said:

It's not until next month, PD. I was just being efficient. Real estate taxes, truck tags and driver's license all due next month. It took less than an hour to do all three. Gotta love small towns!

jubal,    Glad your small town is so efficient,  mine is not always, but small towns  can still be awesome.  Happy Early Birthday.

13 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Happy early BDay!

PD it was a mixed bag here also.  The morning consisted of ploppy snow then cloudy, did see the sun & pouring rain.  Have always said October is cat & mouse month for Mrs Nature.  She was not nice this past few days so I'm not calling her Mother.

RRW,  Yes Mrs nature definitely doesn't deserve to be called  Mother today,  But I see we might be in for some sunshine tomorrow.  But also in for frost definitely tonight.  This change of season is for the Birds.  PD

What a beautiful day out.  The sun is shining nice a bright but sadly as always have to work.  

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun today.

Hey everyone . thought I'd stop by for a few . I finally had a doctor appointment that someone listened to me . after some funky blood work . think I might be on the right road . 

In other news shy is loving her new special needs school and is doing really well there.  

Conner is not doing to great but not horrible. And his partial hospitalization program is a huge help.  Here is some pics of him and buddy

1015191541.jpg

1015191541a.jpg

1015191541b.jpg

RRW,  She is definitely pretty, & if she is as good as she sounds, she is a steal at that price.  Do hope you go look at her. Take care PD

PD, man what are you smoking?????  No more hay burners till back at the farm full time.  Sadly you find the one worth looking at when you can't have it.

Did find a big beautiful black & white TW but he was 15.2 hands.  Nock him down a few  inches & he'd been worth looking.

As you may have figure I go searching Craig's list when waiting for customers to check in.  Nothing good to read in the news

^^^Right. I swore off Craigslist a few years ago. I was in no position to buy another horse, so no sense looking. I'd be better off if I swore off politics too.

RRW, Nothing wrong with looking, I look at alot of different things all the time, don't like crossword puzzles, I've also been known to check out dating sites!!!!  PD

Hi, Poco. Do you still have your mare, Bonnie? Your son's new dog should keep him busy and out of trouble.

RRW, are you looking for a family horse?  We are in the same boat.  We could make it work now, but it would be hard.  Definitely can't bring one home until Thanksgiving.  Found a nice safe one, but he's 15.2!  It scares me to think of LJ up that high.  Stupid?  Maybe, but there it is.  He's sweet and reliable.  A bit goofy looking, but sound.  And, a good price.  We're close enough to Ocala that we see "perfect family horses" in the 10K range.  Oi!  Of course, they've been jumped, etc...  Don't need that!  Just a nice, safe trail horse.  

Edited by little cow

LC,  There are alot of 14-2  & 15 hand horses out there to choose from. so in time you will find just the right horse at the right price.

RRW,  Craigs List is a great place to look for many things. I have looked at horses & hay  implements & trucks, some  I need & others I just think I want. But this year I found some of my hay & recently a different truck , when old one was rusted, & I didn't want to put any money into it.  Enjoy your search,  I can understand where right now you time is limited.  But dreams get us through alot of things.  Take Care,   PD

Oh Craig's list is a God send when it comes to finding hay.  I start the hay search in May.  Lets see when board I search ponies, puppies & campers.  I'll sometime search beach resorts for vaca ideas.

LC you'll find the right horse & as always when you don't need one or not looking.  There are number of horses around here but they all seem to need work of some sort.  

RRW,  How far did you have to go to find hay?   I found most of mine within 20 miles of home, I bought small squares, big squares, & round bales,  bought last round bales off a neighbor, went & got them one at a time, bought them just so I will stay on his list for next year. 

On another note,   What do you know about a Holiday train that comes out of Canada, & is suppose to make stops here in Wisconsin?  Just curious.  PD