So the junk food of choice during testosterone free weekend are pizza rolls.  Then a small bottle of lemon moscato tonight & three olive rose vodka tomorrow.

RRW,  Nice to have choices, & do your own thing isn't it. I have that most days, & it can get old, but I'm not complaining either.   PD

I love & miss my boys.  However, it is nice to have them gone for a little bit.

Painting prep is in the works.  One more side table to sand then do a dust down & primer can go on.  If make good time this afternoon then tonight can get the first coat of paint on & second tomorrow.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:20 PM, RailroadWoman said:

So the junk food of choice during testosterone free weekend are pizza rolls.  Then a small bottle of lemon moscato tonight & three olive rose vodka tomorrow.

Is that three olives or three vodkas?

Some couples have date night every week. I think date free night would also be beneficial.

Three vodkas because three olives wouldn't taste all that great in Rose vodka.

I absolutely love the design of the bottle.  Been thinking how can turn them into something.  The 750 could be made into a lamp.  Big bottle had one shot left prior to opening the new. 

Now you all know the secret to late night paint projects.  This can also apply to paper work.

IMG_20191109_223926.jpg

After three vodkas, I'd be passed out on top of the paint project!

I used a blue wine bottle with a liquor pourer  for dish soap that stays out on the counter. You have to watch that guests don't try to drink it though.

Jubal this room is going to be for the Grandmas when they come down.  The room we had for them I had to start using for guests. This room will be better as it connects to the lobby. Plus this one is much bigger so it can be set up more like a small efficiency.

Once the furniture is done then can start on the walls.

What a great set up for Grandmas! A room to hide in when tired of visiting. And for parents, a place to send kid when he gets on your last nerve.

Oh it works great for when the grandmas come down.  As they have their own space outside of the living quarters, so it isn't like they are around ALL the time.  My MIL loves it.  Will be interesting to see how much my mom will come down with dad gone.

Once in a while hubby will use the room to watch the news or he misses the recliners & goes to sleep in them.  

Finished the second coat on the first batch of furniture.  Was thinking about getting started on taking down the wallpaper.  That way can be ready to paint walls but think just maybe its time to be done for the night.

Haha... Was planning on painting walls in a slight shade of green to brighten the room.  Well today the light bulb turned on.  There are a couple gallongs of off white paint never opened at the farm.  Just saved some $$$.

For me paint is like cooking dinner.  It never looks like enough so you make more than needed for job.

Today went north to help my mom with a few things.  Because she wants to display the last trophy of dads I thought it be good to make an agreement.

I'm very happy with how it turned out.

IMG_20191111_194142.jpg

One of my first jobs was working for the largest florist at the time in Duluth.  Worked a small shop downtown & usually by myself.  Would make smaller arrangements for what we had in the cooler.  Mostly roses.  I give my credit to a former horticulture teacher had in high school.  If hadn't met hubby I'd probably have gone to college for greenhouse management degree.

What gets me are friends who see my creations & act all shocked/surprised at what I create.  So the memorial will be interesting next weekend with family & friends of family.

Once in a while I'll make small fresh bouquet for the gals that work for us.  I do that as a small thank you for their hard work.

So busy, RRW!  You are also very creative.  So, this is the quieter season where you can do more projects?

We went to the Veteran's Day parade in the local big city yesterday.  We took our 10 month old GSD.  He was so lovely with all the kids.  He doesn't get off the farm enough though, so he beelined towards families like a Golden Retriever.  Problem is, the families saw what looked like a police dog coming at them (his wagging tail and relaxed ears was not noticed)!  I had to reassure people he was friendly.  Everything was going well.  He didn't even worry about the police cars with their sirens going by.  However, the fire trucks freaked him out.  It was the strangest and scariest reaction I have ever seen from a dog.  He wouldn't let me cover his ears as they were coming, and then, he started to spin and scramble in a circle on the grass.  I thought fire ants were on him, until a guy on a bike yelled that the sirens were causing the trouble.  We ran as far as we could get from the fire trucks, but the buildings blocked in the sound, so I trapped him in a corner and covered his ears.  He calmed down and we kept a bit of distance until we were sure no more sirens were on the parade route.  He was instantly back to his happy self, but, boy was that scary.  There were other dogs, but I didn't see if they reacted.  I was too busy with poor Zeke.  

LJ told me later that the firefighters were motioning to the kids to cover their ears (LJ did), but hardly any of them did.  Why would they keep the sirens going if they know they are too loud for kids?  What about toddlers and babies?  If a mom has a toddler and a baby, she can't cover both kids ears.  They do this at all the local parades.  Seem really stupid to me.  

LC, at our big parade they will run the siren off & on along the route.  Not a continuous siren.  Its just a matter of your dog not being used to loud noises from being out at the farm.  Could also be he has sensitive ears.

Yes, it has quieted down as it usually does after October.  For the amount of rooms booked my housekeeper can get the work done.  This gives me extra time with only having laundry as my main concern.  So started on winter projects a tad early.

LC  Since dogs have good hearing I bet the pitch from those fire engines, blew him away. I was at basketball game one weekend I could hear the pitch from referees whistle, when I couldn't hear much else. PD

Yep some dogs just don't like them .I'm lucky in that I can desensitize at home. Neither buddy nor spring give any cares and them. Having one on your personal car helps lol. So far the only thing that has really bothered spring has been the air brakes on the bus .  high value treats go along way with this too.

10 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Jubal, "WOMAN WHAT DID YOU PUT IN YOUR COFFEE TODAY????":shocked:

Haha! I know you're bored and need something to do.

Jubal,  it is coming to that time of year for warm yummy drinks.  Whats your secret????

NO GREENHOUSES!!!!  I hardly have time to keep what planters I have going in the summer, really don't need to add to the problem.  Then again I always dreamed of having a beautiful atrium in a house for plants.  Since being at the motel I have grown my plant collection, however, not that hard when one has spider plants spitting out babies left & right.

If anybody would like a spider baby to have in your home.  Really easy to package one & ship priority mail in the spring/summer.  Postage would only cost $8.00.  No cost for the plant will a healthy root ball.  Spider plants LOVE an east or south window.  Just have to watch the watering habits.  Will post pic's sometime of what the babies become.

My warm yummy drink of choice is cocoa. Plain. I need all my wits to deal with Jubal! NO PLANTS! I don't need any more live things to take care of. But I like to look at other people's plants. I have a friend who added a small greenhouse to the back of her kitchen during a remodel. I think an atrium would be great for you. Or add a lot of glass to the Grandmother room.

Grandma room has only one window & no other can be added.  Maybe in the far away future I could put a sun room on the whatever we do at the farm.  Would have to be on the east side so can enjoy it the most especially in the winter & plant would love the light it would get.

Oh today could just be a great day.  Hubby found a truck at a used dealership we have done past business with.  I love my VW convertible but it is NOT a cold weather ride.  I don't know how people can drive VW beetles in the upper NW as they are horrible in the cold.   We have been down one vehicle & I want my winter/big drive back.  I honestly don't know how some of these people do it with only one vehicle.

RRW, you can put skylights in the Grandmother room. An almost glass roof!

VW's are great in the snow. Only thing that can beat them is a Corvair. But they all rusted to dust.

I hope you get a truck. It would be hard to give up that high ride.

GooD Morning Ladies,  The mere mention of a corvair, really got my attention, as they died out in early 70s.  never owned one,  just remember them. As they were part of my youth, & that was a long time ago. 

RRW Don't blame you for wanting something bigger  to drive during the winter. I just got rid of a old 2008 Chevy truck, the frame was starting to rust on it. Only had 164, 000 miles on it.  Wish you well finding what you want.  Take Care, PD

Oh no the newer vehicle isn't for me but for hubby.  He's been driving my Escalade & it's time to get it back.  I wouldn't mind having an extended cab truck but the Escalade is so much nicer especially when taking the dogs.  I could go smaller for a vehicle but I know I wouldn't be happy in something smaller then the Escalade or a Tahoe.  

Jubal,  a VW would be fun to ice race.

Does your Grandmother room have a lock on the outside, for when they drive you up the wall?  Sorry, maybe it's just a personal problem...

I can lock myself in the living quarters as they don't have keys.  My MIL helps with laundry when she stays & laundry is in the basement.  So I joke that I keep her in the basement & send meals down the dumbwaiter.

RRW Wish you well finding what you want.  I can understand, where larger SUV would work better for hauling dogs, especially in winter weather.  Hope snow totals are way off, none would be better. PD