Our mechanic found issues so was a no go for hubby.  So be driving bug on winter till who know when

PD we're getting snow.  Just enough to male the roads crappy

RRW, WE got a dusting or trace of snow here, didn't go any place today, but need bread & milk tomorrow. So will go to town then. Do hope that a good SUV can be found for your your husbands use.  Best Wishes,  PD

Good luck finding the right vehicle.  Better to find issues now than later.  

Gus, the feral pony that we tamed, sold, and are now boarding, is leaving us in a week.  His new barn is built and the owner will be happy to move him in.  LJ will miss him, again.  But his horse, Cutter, will go into the barn, so he's happy about that.  He and Cutter have completely bonded.  Appys can be such gems when you find a good one.  I ordered some holiday hats and such for us and the horses as a surprise.  LJ and I will go for a holiday ride once Advent arrives.  

Please post us your holiday pic.  We would love to see it.

We should make a goal of members posting holiday pics of HC members & our critters

LW, I tomwould like to see pictures of you & LJ  & ponies  on holiday ride.  That would be awesome,  I'm afraid that I might break  a camera, if someone to a picture of me & my ponies. With a holiday picture, at least we would have snow for back ground effect. PD

PD you could take a pic like the neighbor Wilson on Home Improvement.  Stand on the opposite side of your horse with a hat on & we can only see your eyea as you look over the horses back.

I'm a bit shy about posting pictures of us on the internet.  LJ's privacy is important to us.  Maybe one of the horses or from a distance.  

Edited by little cow

48 minutes ago, little cow said:

I'm a bit shy about posting pictures of us on the internet.  LJ's privacy is important to us.  Maybe one of the horses or from a distance.  

LC,  You have to use your own, judgement when it comes to family members.  You can always ppost pictures with green grass in them. That is something anybody up, north might have forgot what it looks like, by Christmas.  Take Care PD

Oh we love love green pics of outdoors.  Especially if it hasn't been frozen or covered in snow.  Warm sandy beaches & ocean views are another favorite.

RRW,  Be honest now,  you don't want a picture of green grass & sandy beaches, you want to be there in person during the Christmas Holiday.  PD

Lol!  You guys are funny.  

I actually got some cool pictures of Bitsey the other day, so I'll post them.  Maybe that will satisfy until we can dress up the horses for Christmas.  There is green grass.  You have been warned.  :crazy:

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

Then, there is Ralph, the second barn cat we got from the pound back in April.  Ralph has been MIA since May.  Over a week ago, we got a call from the pound asking if we wanted him back.  Now, the first time, he was about to be PTS and we bailed him out for barn cat duties.  He is 4 years old and they had picked him up as a stray and neutered him.  This time, he was in quarantine because he bit someone.  Dummy wandered 5 miles and made himself at home, but bit the hand that fed him when the lady decided to pick him up (some cats do not like to be picked up).  So, they picked him up as a stray, found his microchip (and rabies shot that they gave him in April) and our name.  So, once again, we bailed him out (I say bail, but it was no charge either time).  Knucklehead.  He's been doing hard time in the horse barn for a week and we just let him out to try again.  Come on, Ralph.  Be good.  

IMG_3742.jpg

LC,  So you are giving us previews of coming attractions,  at Christmas some of us will have forgotten  what green grass looks like.  I could wish grass in my pasture was that long, horses are not beyond standing at the gate & rattling it to let me know they are hungry. PD

OMG mine used to stand where they could see into the kitchen.  Once the dogs were let out in the morning they would stand in the spot.  If the seen or heard you on the he porch the ponies would voice their opinion.

We absolutely love joking around about seeing green.  PD & I have been lucky.  Just southeast of us they already had over 5 inches of snow.  Good place for it as long as its not in our back yard.

LC sorry but that is to funny about your cat.  Sounds like trouble finds him or he just loves being in trouble.  Your pics were perfect for pony feeling good.

Today we had my dads celebration of life.  It was really nice.  Sad to say it takes a funeral to connect with people. Just a matter of staying connected.

RRW,  Good Afternoon,  haven't been on here much lately,  we got just enough of that white stuff Sunday,  that could have been enough for all winter. Went to dentist this AM & found my appointment was Thursday & not Tuesday. So wasted trip, got to get somethings accomplished today, I'm to good at procrastinating. Take Care, PD

RRW, I have cousins I only see at funerals. We always say we're going to do better, but we don't.

I got a flu shot today. I already had the flu three weeks ago, so in about two weeks, I'll be bombproof.

PD, I've done that before. But usually it's because I looked at the wrong appointment card, and I should be at the doctor's office.

PD, we didn't get a lick of snow & fingers crossed it stays that way for a while.  Have a family member in Beaver Dam & apparently they had gotten up to 8in couple weeks ago.  Don't feel bad about procrastination as it is a syndrome everyone has this time of year. Only way to fix the problem is to buck it up & start a project.

LC, the memorial was very nice.  What made it so good is that just about everyone knew somebody so there were a lot of people visiting.  Hardly any food left or sweet treats (less for me to take home)

Jubal, I had connected with my step sister & we have so much visiting it drives everyone crazy.  Then again her & I are match in the ability to talk, along with laughing.  This winter going to do my best to meet with her once in a while.

I'm glad it went well.  No doubt there was a smile in heaven looking down. 

Ralph is still here.  He attacks the string from the bales and gets in my way every feeding.  He is sporting a nickel sized patch of missing fur, courtesy of Delilah, the original barn kitty.  She tolerates (ignores) him, most of the time.  We vetoed Samson as a name for Ralph, but, maybe Delilah will play her part anyway.  The dogs cannot come into the barn, which makes Ralph even bolder.  He walks inside the gate, just out of reach.  Little pain in the butt.  

30 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

LC, sounds like Ralph is a very suitable name for him.  It is also an easy name to yell.

Ah yes.  And I fear I will wear it out before long.  

My husband nicknames the animals, too.  The ones he likes most get the rudest ones, lol. 

Edited by little cow

Oh what a beautiful day in our neighborhood.  Its about 40 & the sun is blinding bright this afternoon.

Hope you are all having a good day & keeping busy.

RRW,  Yes that sun can almost make a person sweat, when working outside. I generally have a pair of insulated coveralls on, so don't drag dirt inside. & I was warm before I came in for lunch.  PD

Supposed to be nice for the next week.  

Well working on removing wallpaper this afternoon.  Almost done then can scrub glue off then fix any flaws in the drywall.

RRW,    You are a busy lady,  No doubt running a motel, there is always something that has to be done.  Take Care,    PD