Sounds like you guys had nice Thanksgiving dinners.  Noponies, did you have a good one, too?  Hope it wasn't another frozen dinner.  

I was busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest yesterday.  I brined the turkey (who ran around our farm all summer long until one bad day for him and a nice day for us) on Wednesday.  Heritage turkeys are different to cook, so it was done about two hours early.  It was perfect because I had pies and stuffing to put in the oven.  Everything came out well and at the last minute, my husband voted for paper plates (bless him) so clean up was a breeze.  No drunken scenes, no drama, just happy, well-fed relatives.  The horses, goats, and donkey enjoyed the apple peelings (from the pie preps).  Our remaining turkey tom and hen (we put four toms in the freezer last month) were strutting about as if they knew they were special.  The hen, Polly, started laying eggs two days ago.  Maybe it was insurance for her....

4 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

PD, be careful tomorrow with moving snow.

RRW,  We'll se how much snow we get, thought it would have started by now, but I know it will be here inj the AM when I get up. No doubt I'll be up during the night & looking.  But I will watch I do.  Take Care,   PD

RRW,   How much snow did you get?  Talked to a friend in Turtle Lake area & said they got a foot & it was still snowing.  We got 4-5 inches over night & yesterday.   Take Care PD

Oh probably the same with 12 or more inches.  The snow is so heavy with water that the banks are blue in color.  

Yes, it is still coming down here also but it isn't stopping people from riding the train with Santa.  Our Santa called in so we had to call our back up Santa.  He was willing to help out but hubby had to drive out to his place with the plow truck so Santa could get to the train.  I'll take pics for you all to see the horrible snow.  

Odie is loving the snow.  George not so much.

So we got just a little bit of snow.  This is what we typically get in a year not 3days.

After being pizza delivery person, towing out a stuck 4 wheeler neighbor now got to shovel.

IMG_20191201_144312.jpg

IMG_20191201_144255.jpg

RRW, Looks like alot of snow,  & wet heavy snow could easily be the same as a inch & a half of rain.  I've always heard 12 inches of dry powdery snow make an inch of moisture.  Harder to calculate wet heavy snow, I'm just guessing.

PD this snow is so full of moisture its light blue if you look into the banks.

Got the snow pulled out from the building on the east side.  Now time to work on the west.  Luckily it doesn't drift on the west side.  Our plow truck is to big & can't get right up to the walkway.

Guess I am get ng my workout today.

Just checkin in. I'm still around. Yall can keep that snow, eww ewww ewww! My Thanks giving was ok. Went to my brothers house and spent time with my niece and nephew and sister in law til my brother got home that evening, and then we had dinner. I honestly think I had the flu last week (not paying a doctor to tell me that when theres nothing to do for the flu except be miserable and let it run its course) and was still getting over it at Thanksgiving. I'm feeling better now, still have a cough but its getting better. These days here its cold at night and in the 50s during the day, so Sonic is blanketed at night. On the days I have to work Ive been paying Zarinna $10 to take his blanket off for me. You'd be amazed at how much $10 motivates her, lol! My landlord told me that I didn't need to pay her, that she should just do what I ask. But, I told him that shes doing me a huge favor and in the horse world nobody does anything for free. What he doesn't think about is that shes bringing him in from the field, and shes watching how he moves. If hes bleeding or hurt, shes gonna call me. If hes limping, shes gonna call me. If hes ripped his blanket to smithereens, shes gonna call me. She then puts him in the paddock and feeds him a small scoop of grain (so he stands still, lol) and takes his blanket off. She hangs it neatly for me on the fence and when hes done with his grain she puts him back out. She kisses his nose and gives him a pat and sends me a picture of him so I know everything went fine. I think that's worth $10. Some days shes done it before catching the school bus.

I got all my Xmas shopping done yesterday, and didn't even have to make one step into Walmart! LOL

QB - I wish I could find a little girl interested like her! Bless her heart....and that $10 is like gold to her. Does she have anything planned on buying? I love when they have a huge plan with their money.

QB,  sucks that you were sick over the holiday.  Great that Zarinna is doing a good job & earns her $10.  When she slacks off then you can ask her if the job she had done is worth the same amount.  This is what we have done with Shortman & it puts in perspective about doing a good job.  In fact Hubby paid him a little bonus this weekend.  When Shortman counted up his pay he mention the extra.  Hubby just told him how he has been doing a good job & taking on more responsibility when working, along with showing initiative.  Shortman took great pride in himself.

With that $10 you are paying her you are instilling good work ethics.  

Pink, how are things going in your world.  Would be fun to see some pics of your pups miss seeing those mischievous monsters of yours.

2 hours ago, PinkTractor said:

QB - I wish I could find a little girl interested like her! Bless her heart....and that $10 is like gold to her. Does she have anything planned on buying? I love when they have a huge plan with their money.

I just cant wait til shes old enough to drive so she can go let my dogs out to potty while Im at work too! Lol. I have no idea what she plans on buying but I bet its burning a hole in her pocket.

36 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

QB,  sucks that you were sick over the holiday.  Great that Zarinna is doing a good job & earns her $10.  When she slacks off then you can ask her if the job she had done is worth the same amount.  This is what we have done with Shortman & it puts in perspective about doing a good job.  In fact Hubby paid him a little bonus this weekend.  When Shortman counted up his pay he mention the extra.  Hubby just told him how he has been doing a good job & taking on more responsibility when working, along with showing initiative.  Shortman took great pride in himself.

With that $10 you are paying her you are instilling good work ethics.  

Pink, how are things going in your world.  Would be fun to see some pics of your pups miss seeing those mischievous monsters of yours.

She likes Sonic so much that Im sure she'd do it for free, but its not fair to take advantage of her. 

And a pic of my Xmas "tree". I dont usually do a tree just because its just me and my pups. But, this year I figured why not. So, I have this old wooden ladder in my kitchen that I use to put my plants on in front of my big windows. A tree is really just an a frame, so I decorated the frame of the ladder.

20191201_152329.jpg

I like your tree, QB! Very inventive! I had the flu for my birthday last month. No fun, but I didn't die like I thought I would.

I'm glad to see you still have  a cowgirl. It works out well for both of you.

Pink, how's your mom?

QB, your two rotten ones have a look like you interrupted some deep plotting for trouble.  I LOVE your tree, what a great idea for your ladder & you didn't have to move your plants.

Had a friend the other day said she made a xmas tree by taking a tomato cage & placing it upside down, brought the point together then put a star on the top.  That way she had a good way to display her homemade ornaments at craft shows.  I'll have to try this idea to hand ornaments we sell in the gift shop. 

21 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

QB, your two rotten ones have a look like you interrupted some deep plotting for trouble.  I LOVE your tree, what a great idea for your ladder & you didn't have to move your plants.

Had a friend the other day said she made a xmas tree by taking a tomato cage & placing it upside down, brought the point together then put a star on the top.  That way she had a good way to display her homemade ornaments at craft shows.  I'll have to try this idea to hand ornaments we sell in the gift shop. 

Youre right! It was almost like they were having a conversation when I interupted them for a pic.

Ive seen tomato cage trees and I love them! They would be really cool to use to display hand made ornaments for sale at a craft show.

Get your bags packed.  In 18 days you are all going on an adventure.  This adventure will take you to Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia &  North Carolina.  There will probably be another state stuffed in but not sure which one as no definite plans on what road we take home.

Oh & there is no flying so your arms will be saved.  This time it is an all American road tip.:crazy:

Think of this trip as a warm up for the spring trip that is in the planning stage of life. On that trip there will be no planes or automobiles...you get one guess on what mode of transportation that adventure will be.

Mischievous is a nice way of putting it. Silver dog has a pain lately. Always testing my nerves, that's for sure. I'll be doing Christmas pictures, soon :)

image.thumb.png.4a1a4fc36eea870f2c66ea3d4235e79d.png

I'm too lazy to put individual recent ones - so there are the halloween ones!

Pink, Frank the beagle should be the one that gets into trouble seeing as he is a hound.  However, the other two make Frank look like he is the least of your worries.    Really enjoyed your pics.  Thank you for taking the time to update on your boys.

Oh goody! A trip! You'll be  pretty close to KY. I'll wave when you go by.

Pink, what kind of dogs are those? Cute pics! They all look pretty impressed with themselves.