So went to pick Shortman up at friends house.    During that time I managed to offer my help with make wedding boquets.  Told her I could come over on a Sunday & all it would cost her is Miller Lite.

They were really trying & never have done boquets before. Just couldn't keep my mouth shut as I know how important it is for the flower to be as perfect as possible.

I've done wedding flowers for friends in the past plus my own.  Guess I am a sucker for helping make this day special. 

This is the first coat of clear urethane over a red mahogany stain for my truck rails.  I now have three coats on this side and will wait until fully dry to flip and coat the other side.

No automatic alt text available.

1 hour ago, Heidi n Q said:

This is the first coat of clear urethane over a red mahogany stain for my truck rails.  I now have three coats on this side and will wait until fully dry to flip and coat the other side.

No automatic alt text available.

Pretty. Looks dark and, rich.

Thank you!  It has been so hard to be patient between coats drying.  The humidity here has slowed drying down, too.  Ugh!

Red I loved how the mum's turned out with your boquets.  The colors were perfect.

Spanish has visions of a broach boquet.  

Heidi are you using marine or deck urethane?  

I asked for Marine Varnish at HD and they pointed me to "outdoor application" Urethane, so that is what I'm using.

I happened to really look at my truck in the rain and I loved how dark and pretty the boards looked while wet and decided to stain and varnish to keep that look.

On 10/7/2017 at 4:41 PM, jubal said:

RRW, have you  seen ths website?  http://virtualrailfan.com. I go to LaGrange , KY  often. I don't like to drive on the street with the  tracks, though. I'm afraid I'll get stuck with no way to get out of the train's way!

Are you ignoring this post, RRW? Or are you just not interested? Either one is okay.

Sorry Jubal.  The memory is really short especially with all that goes on in the day to day life.

I usually don't visit the railfan sites.  I find it really interesting when the railroads go through town with the track right in the street.  It was like that in Vanize? Indiana.  The track went on a residential street & crossing arms at each corner.  Was really cool.

Mornin, kids! Smallish child is doing great, he went back to school yesterday, and got his homework all caught up. (Now that he can't do anything in Athletics class for 2 weeks, and with the Office Aide instead of band, "Technically", he has 3 study hall classes for the next couple weeks.) The coaches are going to let him go to the games and wear his jersey on the side line, so that makes him feel a LITTLE better. I'm gonna hop on my phone quick and edit in some of the old pics I found, thought y'all might get a kick out of some of them. 

FB_IMG_1507739334736.jpg

FB_IMG_1507739428977.jpg

FB_IMG_1507739662660.jpg

FB_IMG_1507739878484.jpg

FB_IMG_1507740826885.jpg

FB_IMG_1507740881665.jpg

FB_IMG_1507740664579.jpg

Edited by redneckcowgirlmn
Add pics

Red,   Nice pictures of your son,  glad they will let him suit up to watch football games, but great that he is on the road to recovery.  PD

A little warmer today! Need to mow tomorrow and don't want to wear a jacket doing it.

Nice looking son, Red. They grow up fast!

Just got a message from my brother. He is finally out of the hospital and everything looks good. We were so afraid he was going to loose a kidney.

I'm trying to get caught up with everything in the house today. Plan on working outside tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day!

14 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Sorry Jubal.  The memory is really short especially with all that goes on in the day to day life.

I usually don't visit the railfan sites.  I find it really interesting when the railroads go through town with the track right in the street.  It was like that in Vanize? Indiana.  The track went on a residential street & crossing arms at each corner.  Was really cool.

I just found it interesting that that many people would watch trains on the internet. I grew up about 1/4 mile from a crossing. I don't hear train horns here and I miss them.

3 hours ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

Mornin, kids! Smallish child is doing great, he went back to school yesterday, and got his homework all caught up. (Now that he can't do anything in Athletics class for 2 weeks, and with the Office Aide instead of band, "Technically", he has 3 study hall classes for the next couple weeks.) The coaches are going to let him go to the games and wear his jersey on the side line, so that makes him feel a LITTLE better. I'm gonna hop on my phone quick and edit in some of the old pics I found, thought y'all might get a kick out of some of them. 

FB_IMG_1507739334736.jpg

FB_IMG_1507739428977.jpg

FB_IMG_1507739662660.jpg

FB_IMG_1507739878484.jpg

FB_IMG_1507740826885.jpg

FB_IMG_1507740881665.jpg

FB_IMG_1507740664579.jpg

I just watched your son grow up.....nice looking young man!

1 hour ago, jubal said:

Red, your son's a boy scout? How does he feel about them taking girls?

(Probably better off on the Debate Board with this one...) We, as a family, and Scout troop, are NOT happy. Now, I understand that the Girl Scouts are nowhere near similar, it is a very outdated program that basically teaches manners and secretary skills, with a week of catered cabin camping tossed in, along with a crapload of cookie marketing. I'm sure most, if not all current and future girl scouts would love and benefit from the merit badge opportunities that the BSA offers... BUT. "Boy" scouts is not, and should not be a co-ed program. The Girl Scout Association needed to step up their game, and they have not, therefore families with both sexes of kids are pushing this. There was no vote. There was no discussion. It was sprung on our troop leaders the other day. It was explained to me by the troopmaster that BSA IS a business, therefore money talks.  My other thought is, Tristan has 2 more ranks until he reaches Eagle Scout. About 14 months' worth of time, education and hard work. Now girls can Eagle, it kinda takes the notoriety out of it, if you will, something that the few elite dedicated young Men could accomplish.  Now that's taken away from them, because they already let girls into the cub scouts, and have modified the badge requirements as such. So, now it will just be another program, expensive as heck, worth nada if just anyone can do it. It has been a Rite Of Passage for young men. This is in no way meant to sound racist or sexist, but the PC Liberals have screwed up every thing they possibly can. They have taken everything they can away from American males. This is just another checkmark on their list. You're not going to go into a native american tribe and tell them they have to allow women into the braves become warrior status, because it's politically correct. In my opinion, there NEEDS to be a little bit of separatism between men and women. That's what makes us distinct and unique. We're not all drones... or we would look alike. and act alike. Let the non motivated couch potatoes work at McDonalds and live in Grandma's basement... let the motivated guys fly. The thing is, the BSA is a Christian based program. A lot of boys dropped out over the gay thing, now with the girls invading, we're going to lose a lot more. 

T's words... "That sucks." 

11 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

I just watched your son grow up.....nice looking young man!

Thanks, I kinda like him. He turned 14 yesterday. 

Seems like there's a lot of folks who won't rest until EVERYONE is mediocre. There are no eagles when you all walk like turkeys.

9 minutes ago, noponies said:

Seems like there's a lot of folks who won't rest until EVERYONE is mediocre. There are no eagles when you all walk like turkeys.

LOL! I may have to quote you on that~!

The thing is, our little troop may not be huge, we have about 25 boys. 1 Scoutmaster, 3 adult assistant Troop Leaders. They are a "High Adventure" group, meaning, they do at LEAST one 3 day campout per month, so those adults are already super busy, wrangling that many boys. SOME of the boys are seriously obnoxious, and for those men to put up with the little so and so's, is a miracle. I can not imagine how they could even handle these boys, AND a couple tents of girls. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen, and there's talk of losing leaders if they force them to integrate girls. 

I agree with you, Red. There should be Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, not mixed! By allowing girls in Boy Scouts takes something special away from the boys!

I was wondering, how they would approach the, tent situation.

Let's see, young teen boys and girls....hormones galore..... camping in the woods, in tents......"stay in your own tents, boys and girls"........"we will"........uh huh.

I'm not even addressing the issue of taking away from the boys, something that is special just for them.

I know what kids that age do and, think about..... The opposite sex.......will there also be a female scout master, because, that's another can of worms.

Lawsuits?  I'm predicting there will be.

From the report I heard, the boys and girls will have different groups. They won't be in the same troop. The boy scouts have been losing money and membership for years. This is their way of getting more members, money.

As you said, the girl scouts organization is wimpy. Girls need more challenges and they don't need to be treated as  inferior. I was a Brownie for about three months and then I was bored with it. All we did was eat cookies.

The discipline that is part of the boy scouts, I'm sure would benefit any young person,  plus some of the projects they do, might also be of some benefit, but there still needs to be some kind of separation, as girls need more privacy, than boys do.  There are girls that  might excell as part of the boy scouts, but it all depends on local scout leaders to be receptive to it, to make it work. I can understand if some are resistant to this change. PD

So far, nothing has been said about bringing in female scout leaders. There ARE quite a few Cub Scout "Den Mothers", which, I suppose, could then move up with their kids to regular Scouts. Our troop had such a mother attempt to do just that, HUGE personality clash with her red hair and "I'm the boss" attitude, she had no respect for the existing troop leaders, and it was a mess. She's gone now. 

(Our troop is a "Scout Run" troop, meaning, the boys run the show. Parliamentary procedure,  Senior Patrol Leader is an Eagle, Assistant Patrol Leaders are Star Scouts minimum, the boys plan their activities on camp outs, plan and prepare meals, older boys teach younger boys the skills for required merit badges, it's all pretty cool. Nothing is handed to them. Troop Master and his assistants keep order and make sure things actually get done, and it's not goof off time. )

Why not, expand the girl scout program to include some of the things the boys do, that the girls may be interested in....they can do the 'boy' things, within their own organization, they don't need to actually join the boys.