Survived farrier day today. Didnt have to lasso any minis. It was a cool overcast quiet morning and the farrier and I got everyone done before noon. 

Ive decided to change the horses grain this year. Ive been feeding Triple Crown Senior for years but with the buyout, Im not sure how available its going to be, and Im leary that the formula will change. Switching to Sentinel LS and MaxEGlo which is readily available at Tractor Supply. Starting the horses on it tonight so made a run to Tractor Supply today. 

Came home and tossed some blankets in the washer and layed down for a nap. Was woken by the sound of water hitting the floor. Dont think Ive ever jumped off the couch so fast! Got that all cleaned up and everything is ok. 

Went riding with my BIL today at Harbins Park.

Jim and bay/dun Rocky gelding Chrome:

Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

Me and silver bay Rocky mare Dixie Pie:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, horse, outdoor and nature

3 hours ago, TigerLilly said:

We are going to meet this little girl tomorrow. 

b63P2m40hn.jpg

Aww... I hope you can take her home.

3 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

Went riding with my BIL today at Harbins Park.

Jim and bay/dun Rocky gelding Chrome:

Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

Me and silver bay Rocky mare Dixie Pie:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, horse, outdoor and nature

I always enjoy your pictures......and, the hats!

That is my favorite summer hat because the crown is mesh to allow air-flow.  

My husband doesn't ride because he is overweight.  He has been working on that, and has lost about 80# in the past year.  He can ride when he feels he would be comfortable moving with the horse, and he doesn't feel he is at that point yet.  However, I am getting a 3rd horse soon and I hope that he will go riding with us.

No, the 3rd horse is a Peruvian Horse from WA State.  The shipping company is supposed to be picking him up tomorrow, not sure what time.  He should be here by next weekend.

1 hour ago, Heidi n Q said:

That is my favorite summer hat because the crown is mesh to allow air-flow.  

My husband doesn't ride because he is overweight.  He has been working on that, and has lost about 80# in the past year.  He can ride when he feels he would be comfortable moving with the horse, and he doesn't feel he is at that point yet.  However, I am getting a 3rd horse soon and I hope that he will go riding with us.

I wish I could go riding with you, I think it would be a lot of fun.

24 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

No, the 3rd horse is a Peruvian Horse from WA State.  The shipping company is supposed to be picking him up tomorrow, not sure what time.  He should be here by next weekend.

How exciting!

Equi, I think you and I would have a great time riding together.  I'm all about riding safe, but enjoying the ride.  It was 80* today and about 72-74 in the shade of the woods.  The horses didn't sweat too badly, which is good, because they are both growing in their winter coats.

TL, is she a border collie?  She looks like a darling.

10 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

Equi, I think you and I would have a great time riding together.  I'm all about riding safe, but enjoying the ride.  It was 80* today and about 72-74 in the shade of the woods.  The horses didn't sweat too badly, which is good, because they are both growing in their winter coats.

I haven't ridden in ages, but, when we first moved here, I rode with two other ladies.

One, rode like me, leisurely, enjoying the scenery and company. The other, rode, as John Wayne has been known to say, "**** bent for leather.". She'd literally run circles around us, she'd see something in the distance and, she'd race over to have a look, then, race back....I was told, she did that once and, came within inches of riding her horse off a cliff.

She was a good rider and, she and her little Arab mare did cross country for several years, but, she was reckless.

12 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

No, she is an Aussie. But it fell through. I asked to meet at their home, wanted to see the parents. The seller started responding with weird text messages about how I needed to have cash in hand. Seriously, they must have texted it 4 times. Wanted to meet in a parking lot. Would not send photos of papers or vet records. Just gave me an uneasy feeling so I decided against it. Maybe I am paranoid but did not feel comfortable dealing with this person at all. 

My hay guy has a breeding pair of Aussies. And they are both incredibly friendly. He said he would have a litter in the spring. I already do business with him and like his dogs so maybe I will just wait for that litter. 

^^^I can see not putting papers or vet records on the internet. They could be copied. But meet in a parking lot? That would make me uneasy too, especially since cash in hand was stressed.

Sounds like your hay guy's pups may be a better fit for you family, knowing both parents are friendly and should make good pups.

Equi, I like to cut-em-loose every once in a while, but typically on a path I know well.  Most of the time I enjoy just moseying along.

TL.... sounds like those people were scamming you, the answers made no sense, in relation to the questions......plus, wanting to meet in a parking lot?  There were probably no puppies.

Heidi..... I havent cut 'em loose, in a long time...... I remember when I did, though and, how much fun it was...... I used to do it bareback, many, MANY years ago. Probably wouldn't do it now.

I found I've grown .... safer as I've grown older.  I realize I don't bounce like I used to and I absolutely do NOT want to hit the ground.  Because the ground will win.

Had a busy day today.  My horse in WA was picked up by the shippers and will be here in about a week so I wanted to get the horse run-in barn updated for safety.  My BIL helped me and we worked for 5hrs.  He measured and cut lumber to fit while I painted and helped him where I could.  We hilti-bolted 2x4s to the concrete as a stop-plate to prevent hooves from sliding out/through the tin and then de-gloving as they pull their legs back in.  We screwed plywood from the floor to a height of 4' to prevent kicks or rumps from pushing through the tin.  

Run in is about 25'x29'.  On the other side of the back wall is a 12'x29' section.  Feed room will be to the L and round bale storage will be to the R.  BIL moved a roll-up door so we can roll the round bales from the storage area directly into the manger.  We use a Hay Chix net to prevent waste.

Image may contain: outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

Put the stained (Red Mahogany) and clear coat urethane'd rails back on Max and he looks handsome!

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Chrome and Dixie running for fun.  Some riders went past and motivated them to gallop around.  Wish I could figure out zoom on my phone.

Image may contain: tree, sky, grass, outdoor and nature

30 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

Had a busy day today.  My horse in WA was picked up by the shippers and will be here in about a week so I wanted to get the horse run-in barn updated for safety.  My BIL helped me and we worked for 5hrs.  He measured and cut lumber to fit while I painted and helped him where I could.  We hilti-bolted 2x4s to the concrete as a stop-plate to prevent hooves from sliding out/through the tin and then de-gloving as they pull their legs back in.  We screwed plywood from the floor to a height of 4' to prevent kicks or rumps from pushing through the tin.  

Run in is about 25'x29'.  On the other side of the back wall is a 12'x29' section.  Feed room will be to the L and round bale storage will be to the R.  BIL moved a roll-up door so we can roll the round bales from the storage area directly into the manger.  We use a Hay Chix net to prevent waste.

Image may contain: outdoor

No automatic alt text available.

Put the stained (Red Mahogany) and clear coat urethane'd rails back on Max and he looks handsome!

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Chrome and Dixie running for fun.  Some riders went past and motivated them to gallop around.  Wish I could figure out zoom on my phone.

Image may contain: tree, sky, grass, outdoor and nature

I like your truck, did you get a flatbed for a specific reason? 

You have a very nice BIL, to help you out so much...... I guess he likes to ride?

I wanted a flat bed so we weren't limited by a truck bed for loading oversize things.  I like the versatility of a flatbed truck.  I use it to get round bales.  They were able to put 3 on it for me this last time.  Husband built the rails and we can use them to contain loads or take them off as needed.  

My BIL has lived with us for the past 2yrs and we enjoy having him with us.  He is like my husband; very handy for home repair and likes to keep busy.  With a big property, those are good qualities to have!  When I got my second horse, he expressed an interest in riding and he does very well.  I like having someone to ride with but he can only ride when he is home from work, mostly weekends.  My husband operates power plants and my BIL does maintenance work on plants, so sometimes his work takes him away for up to 3wks at a time.  I typically ride with my Bestie during the week.  Riding with my friend and BIL allows me to ride as often as I like.

Yesterday, I accomplished two good things--cutting the grass and taking the 10 gallons of gasoline/diesel mixture to the hazardous waste collection. So today, I get to be a slug, right?

Heidi, have the trails all been cleared from the earlier storms in your riding park?

There's a dedicated horse park in my county. Someday, I might get up the nerve to take Jubal there. I don't know how he'd behave after I got there or whether I'd be able to tack him up without a horse holder. He's not fond of riding in a trailer and the only times he's been off the place, were to go to the clinic for operations. 

I don't think I have the stamina to do that, RRW. I might pay for a riding lesson from the stable there though, and just have the instructor stand by to help me with him if he acts up. I'll have to go over there and check it out. They also board there, and that's where I have in mind to board him when it gets to be too much for me.