Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spanish_walkin_wannabe

The Front Porch

195 posts in this topic

TL, I wish your uncle the very best,     As for changing barns, you have to just follow your heart, & do what is best for you & your horse.  I wish you well,

My grandaughter & I took horses for a ride today, was going to haul out to a local park, but my wife wanted to take pictures, so we to send to Alliah's mom, so we just rode the down the road & back, She has gotten very comfortable in the saddle, & my 20 year old quarter gelding, takes good care of her. My TWH  gelding steps right out,  so she had to trot & canter to keep to me. Then I would see this big smile on her face. She wants to go again before she goes back to Texas.   PD

'Mornin' kids, I'll pull up a chair for a minute...

Tristan went on a canoe trip with the scouts, had a ball. He took his trumpet and got to play Camptown Races to wake everyone up Saturday morning, lol! That was one of the first songs he learned back in 6th grade. As for band practice, he got 2nd chair out of 10 trumpet players in all grades from 8 to 12. Impressive, for someone who didn't even open the case all summer to practice! Little turd! He said he attempted TAPS Saturday night, but it was kind of hard, since he had never played it and was trying to read the music from the troop leader's phone, but the leader said he did a great job. 

Jesse is going to give my mom a stroke, I think... he put his laundry in our washer and left to go do who knows what. She went to put them in the dryer, 2 condoms came out with the wash. She. Flipped. Out. :rotf:

Told her, "Hey, at least we know he's being safe.!"

:oRain coats in the wash!

Doing my best getting stuff done around the house.  Then have to go to work, also need to do a supply run.

Who wants to be a minon?  Currently taking applications & interviewing.

4 hours ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

'Mornin' kids, I'll pull up a chair for a minute...

Tristan went on a canoe trip with the scouts, had a ball. He took his trumpet and got to play Camptown Races to wake everyone up Saturday morning, lol! That was one of the first songs he learned back in 6th grade. As for band practice, he got 2nd chair out of 10 trumpet players in all grades from 8 to 12. Impressive, for someone who didn't even open the case all summer to practice! Little turd! He said he attempted TAPS Saturday night, but it was kind of hard, since he had never played it and was trying to read the music from the troop leader's phone, but the leader said he did a great job. 

Jesse is going to give my mom a stroke, I think... he put his laundry in our washer and left to go do who knows what. She went to put them in the dryer, 2 condoms came out with the wash. She. Flipped. Out. :rotf:

Told her, "Hey, at least we know he's being safe.!"

Tristan sounds like a natural. I miss my band days many moons ago...hands down the best years of my life. Wish I hadve joined DCI after high school...kinda lol.

The condoms made me LOL! I needed that laugh!

45 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

QB. There might be a community band in your area that you could join

Eh, its a ways away and its a concert band....I prefer marching . I have so much to do nowadays though that my band days are a thing of the past. Awesome memories though!

Practice now and then. You never know what the future holds.

Pretty day here and very little accomplished!

Had a doctor's appointment this morning and then renewal of driver's license. Went by the dog shelter to help with adoption fees on a dog. His owner passed away and ended up there. He hates cats and small dogs so I couldn't take him. They haven't euthanized an animal in 3 years. I really hope someone can give him a home.

I need to get busy but a good book sounds better.

Red, had to laugh about the condoms! I raised two boys and nothing surprised me!

Everyone have a great evening!

I'll stop on this porch for a bit.  Here at work watching the clock drag through the last hour.  Then I get to go home and chase chickens.  They've been getting out lately, I think they figured out how to fly.  They don't go far, but I need to get them in the coop for the night.  Something ripped up the wire and helped itself to a rooster a few weeks ago.  It was a gorgeous weekend, and got to ride TWO DAYS IN A ROW!!  Rode my Walker mare Saturday and got to work with my chestnut mare Sunday.  I just started her last summer.  She's 12,  figured it was time.  LOL.  She's doing great.

me and shi.jpg

What an inviting front porch, Majik! (Or maybe side or back porch.) Is that your walking horse? And is that a rhododendron in front of the porch?

My porch is rather chilly this morning. We'll have a high of 80 today, so a great, sunny day. I'm headed out to torture my horse with a ride shortly. Lately, he frowns on my taking any of his grazing time.

On 8/7/2017 at 0:44 AM, Proud Dad said:

TL, I wish your uncle the very best,     As for changing barns, you have to just follow your heart, & do what is best for you & your horse.  I wish you well,

My grandaughter & I took horses for a ride today, was going to haul out to a local park, but my wife wanted to take pictures, so we to send to Alliah's mom, so we just rode the down the road & back, She has gotten very comfortable in the saddle, & my 20 year old quarter gelding, takes good care of her. My TWH  gelding steps right out,  so she had to trot & canter to keep to me. Then I would see this big smile on her face. She wants to go again before she goes back to Texas.   PD

Thank you PD. I tried to talk them into going to UofM but he is so sick of doctors he said absolutely not. One thing I can't quite figure out is why they never had a neurologist looking over him. He has Myotonic Dystrophy type 2. I would have thought they would want neurology involved. I guess I am dwelling. 

My hauler cancelled last minute so my gelding did not go to the trainers yet. Later today we will head out there. 

Edited by TigerLilly

Took the last load of laundry off my porch this morning.  Kinda nice to have the cloths line strung across a covered porch.

Well need to get to work, already burning daylight.  Just might be back later tonight for something stronger than coffee.

Hey Jubal.  Yes on the rhodies.  Aren't they gorgeous!  Not my front porch.  Belongs to my friend Karen, whose property I keep my horses on, along with hers.  Yes that's my TWH with a real pouty look on.  She was mad because we had finished our ride and I made her go back around the front yard for a picture.

Good afternoon everyone! Just got done with the shoer. I was supposed to have a dentist apt but they had to cancel due to illness. Gonna get a few things done around the house before I head to my board meeting this evening. Hope everyone has a great day.

Running the scale house at a landfill after approximately 7+ inches of rain in 24 hours is entertaining... especially with this Texas red clay. Just sayin'. 

They are having to drag the big WM trucks into the spots to dump, then back out to the tipping deck gravel. Then the little private guys are mad because I won't let them go UP the hill, (No room) and have to use the open top dumpsters down here. Not MY fault y'all decided today was a good day to bring a literal TON of crap here today. :crazy:

Slept in this morning. It was gloomy and cloudy and threatening rain but I shoved my bike in the car and hit the High Bridge Trail anyway. (You history buffs should google it) Really wanted to bring my phone and take some pics but didnt want to chance getting rained on, so I left it in the car. Ended up biking about 10 miles. It was nice and the rain never came. Id like to go again tomorrow but my legs are screaming a little now lol. But, I think as the weather gets cooler that Ill make this an ongoing thing on my days off. Anyway,  I came back home and ate a late lunch and rested for a little while, and then it was time to go let the girls ride. Ive lost Cassie. Her mom lost custody so she went to live with her dad. Im sad that I wont see her often but Im glad that shes at her dads. She'll flourish there, and thats what really matters. I think Ive picked up Emmy, Cassies cousin. If you think Cassies story is sad...Emmys story is even sadder. Ill have to save that for another time. Shes a lot of fun in the sense that she has no fear with the horses, and likes to go fast. She sits a horse very well and I have to remind her just to walk, or she'd be cantering around. Lol. Im hoping she can keep riding.

Had a great evening ride with friends.  Hope everyone had a great day !!! 

Maybury ride on Fawn.jpg

mayburyride.jpg

mayburyride1.jpg

Me and Fawn at Maybury.jpg

Edited by Fawnsmom
add photo

My boy got worked the moment he got to the trainers house and boy oh boy did he blow up. Trainer worked strictly on just putting weight in each stirrup. He bolted multiple times in either direction so it's not just a left side thing. He got really close running into a person "she should not have been in there" and running into the fence. But the trainer was very very calm. Did not get worked up and did not punish him. He said he is very smart and very scared a bit of an over thinker. I had a young lady with me today who told him that even she had ridden him before going into training and he never behaved that way. 

As scary as it was to see he really needed to get that out of his system. The trainer really wanted to give an inch and see how far he would take it. In a controlled setting obviously. He never mounted, just got up on both stirrups until he gave up on bolting. This will probably go on for a little while.  

TigerLilly hope the trainer can get him past his fear and get him going in the right direction for you.  I see you are from Michigan. Where are you located at ?

I am having a cup of coffee then off to work I go .  Adulting is no fun on these perfect weather riding days darn it !! 

Everyone have a great day !!  

TL, it took a while for him to learn the bolting and it will take some time to unlearn it. If the new trainer remains calm and patient, he'll come around. He's had a lot of change in a short time for a young horse.

38 minutes ago, Fawnsmom said:

TigerLilly hope the trainer can get him past his fear and get him going in the right direction for you.  I see you are from Michigan. Where are you located at ?

I am having a cup of coffee then off to work I go .  Adulting is no fun on these perfect weather riding days darn it !! 

Everyone have a great day !!  

I'm in Mt. Pleasant MI. About 2 hours from you. 

Edited by TigerLilly

Three cats to the vet in two days.  

Pretty was having a bad reaction to fleas, even after treatment, so she went in for a steroid shot yesterday.  Floofy is in today for a dental and a partial mastectomy to remove a lump on one of his mammary glands and MaddCatt went in as a last-minute emergency because her chin/lower jaw was horribly swollen.  Husband thinks it is a bug bite and I'm hoping that is all it is.

Good thoughts for your kitties, Heidi.

I just got dressed. Woke up with a major headache. Hope I can get rid of it. We are going out for my birthday dinner tonight.

I'm having a problem with a raccoon family. Mom, dad and 2 babies are coming to the backdoor and running my feral cat off his food. I rang a loud bell this morning and that seemed to scare them. Me hollering doesn't scare them.

I need to run to town and buy some lotto tickets. I only buy them on my birthday. That hasn't worked so far!!

1 hour ago, Danyel said:

Good thoughts for your kitties, Heidi.

I just got dressed. Woke up with a major headache. Hope I can get rid of it. We are going out for my birthday dinner tonight.

I'm having a problem with a raccoon family. Mom, dad and 2 babies are coming to the backdoor and running my feral cat off his food. I rang a loud bell this morning and that seemed to scare them. Me hollering doesn't scare them.

I need to run to town and buy some lotto tickets. I only buy them on my birthday. That hasn't worked so far!!

Big squirt bottle full of vinegar seems to work. That, and feeding the cat where they can't get to it.

Danyel  Happy Birthday!!!!

I was up 4am to get started on my work.  Semi moved into the motel till get someone hired.  All I can say is what a mess.  Yesterday was so overwhelming tha just cried.  Today is much better.

Heidi hope your kitkats will be ok.

Tiger seems you have found a really good trainer.  

Danyel,  Happy Birthday, I hope headache goes away, so you enjoy your birthday dinner.  We have raccoon problems at times, & also have several feral cats, that I feed, so I feed them in the AM, & raccoons don't come around until the PM. But they also come up on our back deck, at times, my wife takes a broom after them. My grandaughter & I went for a ride this AM, her getting hurt on a horse is always in the back of my mind. I don't want to send damaged goods back to Texas. She leaves on the 18th, & I've really enjoyed having her here.  Later. PD