Recommended Posts

Did you read the part that said it is an aspiration hazard? "If swallowed it can enter the lungs and may cause chemical pneumonitis, severe lung damage and death." Humans can read the product information. Animals can't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill look for an undercoat brush this weekend. For now Im just using a mane comb.  Now, any ideas on how to get to their bellies to deburr them? I dont bend quite that low, lol. Maybe I can teach them to lay down and roll over like a dog...lol just kidding.

Ok so now, Ive got a question for you guys. I have rules at the barn, the girls are well aware. Teamwork is not optional and I dont deal with bossyness or a bad attitude. Well, the other day I sent Zarinna home because of her bad attitude..except she didnt go home. She decided to ignore my request for her to go home and went out into the field to pet one of the horses that we dont do anything with. Emmy and I finished up the evening together. This is the second time Ive sent Zarinna home for a bad attitude. The first time I texted her mom to let her know. I didnt even bother this time because the kid gets away with murder at home. My question is....should I require an apology from Zarinna before I spend my time letting her ride etc? And how much attitude should I put up with before I just tell her Im not riding with/teaching her anymore?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jubal said:

Did you read the part that said it is an aspiration hazard? "If swallowed it can enter the lungs and may cause chemical pneumonitis, severe lung damage and death." Humans can read the product information. Animals can't.

 

Don't spray it in their noses. Problem solved. :rotf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, by all means, lets give no thought to the future and its possible cancers and such. Why are people so short-sighted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

Ill look for an undercoat brush this weekend. For now Im just using a mane comb.  Now, any ideas on how to get to their bellies to deburr them? I dont bend quite that low, lol. Maybe I can teach them to lay down and roll over like a dog...lol just kidding.

Ok so now, Ive got a question for you guys. I have rules at the barn, the girls are well aware. Teamwork is not optional and I dont deal with bossyness or a bad attitude. Well, the other day I sent Zarinna home because of her bad attitude..except she didnt go home. She decided to ignore my request for her to go home and went out into the field to pet one of the horses that we dont do anything with. Emmy and I finished up the evening together. This is the second time Ive sent Zarinna home for a bad attitude. The first time I texted her mom to let her know. I didnt even bother this time because the kid gets away with murder at home. My question is....should I require an apology from Zarinna before I spend my time letting her ride etc? And how much attitude should I put up with before I just tell her Im not riding with/teaching her anymore?

 

YES!! If you don't insist on respect, you won't ever get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, noponies said:

YES!! If you don't insist on respect, you won't ever get it.

Thats my thought too. Im sure the next time I go to the barn she will come beebopin down like nothing ever happened, like the time before. I think Ill tell her to go back home, that shes not riding and that Ill be expecting an apology the next time I come down to ride. Ive thought too that if she doesnt go home, then Ill take her by the hand and walk her home. Her attitude and behavior is uncalled for but I want to make sure that my response/actions are appropriate as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its good good for her to learn there is more structure to the rest of the world than she has at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if you told her that due to her previous disrespectful behavior you expect an apology from her before she can ride?  Then, if she won't give it, walk her home and explain there will be no horse-time until the apology is given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, noponies said:

Yes, by all means, lets give no thought to the future and its possible cancers and such. Why are people so short-sighted?

:rotf:We're all terminal, all dying of something. (Shrugs). I was just offering a tried and true method I have used for years, and haven't found anything better, to help with another BB's issue. Not trying to kill off the human & equine race. None of my animals, clients' animals, or children have developed pneumonia or tumors from getting burrs out. I'm sure there are MANY more mechanics that use the product on a daily basis that aren't hooked to life support or locked in a Leper colony.  We're dealing with burrs matted in fur, not open heart surgery. :crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

What if you told her that due to her previous disrespectful behavior you expect an apology from her before she can ride?  Then, if she won't give it, walk her home and explain there will be no horse-time until the apology is given.

I think she'll definitely apologize but not really mean it if all she has to do is apologize before she gets to ride. I think if I turn her away the next time shes expecting to ride and tell her that because of her attitude she wont be riding that day, it will maybe make her think about what she did. Of course Id expect an apology the next time I allow her to ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

I think she'll definitely apologize but not really mean it if all she has to do is apologize before she gets to ride. I think if I turn her away the next time shes expecting to ride and tell her that because of her attitude she wont be riding that day, it will maybe make her think about what she did. Of course Id expect an apology the next time I allow her to ride.

I think you are right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now