Mud blanket.  Hmmm.  I guess when it dries, the wind can't reach her skin.  It's a horse-made wind-breaker!

She knows how much fun you had cleaning out burs.  Now there is the fun of brushing out dry mud.

So this weekend hubby & Shortman are going to man our booth at a train show.  They will be gone for the weekend.  This means Odie will be brought to the motel.  So my light bulb moment today was I can give him a bath in the handicap shower that's in the pool room bath.  Talk about making a hard job bit easier.  It even has a hand held shower head.

After a very good brushing he can get a hair trim then sudsing to smell all clean.

1 minute ago, jubal said:

B-r-r-r-r-r!

jubal,  How cold is it?  it was 9 above when I went outside this AM now a sunny 13 above.  with high of 30 degrees.  I know cold fronts can sometimes take a deep dive south.  PD

12 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

She knows how much fun you had cleaning out burs.  Now there is the fun of brushing out dry mud.

So this weekend hubby & Shortman are going to man our booth at a train show.  They will be gone for the weekend.  This means Odie will be brought to the motel.  So my light bulb moment today was I can give him a bath in the handicap shower that's in the pool room bath.  Talk about making a hard job bit easier.  It even has a hand held shower head.

After a very good brushing he can get a hair trim then sudsing to smell all clean.

I use a shedding blade or, rubber curry, to brush out dried mud.... works great!

Sam's swelling has gone down considerably.

I cold hosed him yesterday. He can now drop to urinate.

I'm having doubts as to this being pigeon fever, I'm suspecting a bacterial infection, of a different kind. He has two more penicillin injections left....... since he didn't mind the cold water on his undercarriage, stood stock still, I'm going to attempt a sheath cleaning, even if only a partial.

Since the swelling is going down, I don't see there's any danger of rupture.

3 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

I use a shedding blade or, rubber curry, to brush out dried mud.... works great!

I use the same things to get mud out, then a brush to get the fine dust out of the hair,  then I start sneezing, then horse gets nervous & won't stand still. PD

Curry brush is always my go to favorite tool.  Even use it on the cats & dogs.

Well Odie is learning to be a motel mutt.  Spent a good hour brushing him out so looks much better.  Odie & George supervising.

IMG_20171110_131720.jpg

Cold again here today but the rain has stopped and the sun is shining. The leaves are gorgeous. Took the blankets off the horses, and took the dogs with me to the grocery store. Got a crockpot of chili going now.

A pic of Margarita and June soaking up the sun this morning.

20171110_105155.jpg

19 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

Cold again here today but the rain has stopped and the sun is shining. The leaves are gorgeous. Took the blankets off the horses, and took the dogs with me to the grocery store. Got a crockpot of chili going now.

A pic of Margarita and June soaking up the sun this morning.

20171110_105155.jpg

They're like big dogs lying in the yard!

4 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

jubal,  How cold is it?  it was 9 above when I went outside this AM now a sunny 13 above.  with high of 30 degrees.  I know cold fronts can sometimes take a deep dive south.  PD

It was 32, PD. Too cold for me!

1 hour ago, RailroadWoman said:

Curry brush is always my go to favorite tool.  Even use it on the cats & dogs.

Well Odie is learning to be a motel mutt.  Spent a good hour brushing him out so looks much better.  Odie & George supervising.

IMG_20171110_131720.jpg

Odie:  I liked the way I smelled. 

George:  Better you than me, Pardner.

Jubal that's funny & all to true.  Odie is so good about being brushed & feet trimmed.  When I take out the clippers he will just lay while being shaved. George Has to be ambushed with anything that has to do with grooming

Odie is bigger than those minis

5 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Jubal that's funny & all to true.  Odie is so good about being brushed & feet trimmed.  When I take out the clippers he will just lay while being shaved. George Has to be ambushed with anything that has to do with grooming

Odie is bigger than those minis

Yes he is! But, I cant pick Margarita up anymore lol. Its amazing how fast they grow, and how smart they are.

QB had I known way back when how much fun it is to work with the minis/ponies.  Then the personality they have, I could have easily become the crazy pony lady.

Looks like everyone is having a rather restful Veteran's Day weekend.  We are heading outside to dress out meat chickens.  My husband mans the hatchet while John and I do the plucking.  

My husband and I, (we're both veterans) got a discount at the TSC yesterday.  My husband chuckled on the way back toe the truck.  "74 cents off!  That's what we fought for!"  LOL!  We joke, but it is nice to be remembered.  

Happy Veteran's Day to all who served and all who spent time at home working and worrying!

Ann,  Was nice of you to stop in, hope all is well in your world.

LC,   Have fun plucking those chickens, but I bet they will taste good fixed a variety of ways, from fried chicken to chicken soup.  Almost forgot about Veterans Day,  But give thanks to those currently serving & Veterans daily.  I was in 50 years ago,  the time has gone by fast.  Hope everybody has a good day.  PD

Edited by Proud Dad

Belated Happy Veterans Day, PD. Did you know that several restaurant chains give free meals to vets on Veterans Day?

32 minutes ago, jubal said:

Belated Happy Veterans Day, PD. Did you know that several restaurant chains give free meals to vets on Veterans Day?

jubal,   Yes I did,    I don't have a Veterans ID card, which is needed to go to alot of these places,  which I can get through  county Veterans Service officer,  just not on top of my bucket list. My wife is in hospital again, so that is how I spent my day, & it took alot of talking to get he to go.  Just talked to her minutes ago, & she sounded rested & in much less pain now, as before.     PD

Edited by Proud Dad

I'm sorry your wife is back in the hospital, PD.  But I get her reluctance. I come from a long line of pain deniers.

3 hours ago, little cow said:

Looks like everyone is having a rather restful Veteran's Day weekend.  We are heading outside to dress out meat chickens.  My husband mans the hatchet while John and I do the plucking.  

My husband and I, (we're both veterans) got a discount at the TSC yesterday.  My husband chuckled on the way back toe the truck.  "74 cents off!  That's what we fought for!"  LOL!  We joke, but it is nice to be remembered.  

Happy Veteran's Day to all who served and all who spent time at home working and worrying!

We also went to tractor supply yesterday, not sure what the discount was, but, I guess it's still nice to be remembered.

29 minutes ago, jubal said:

I'm sorry your wife is back in the hospital, PD.  But I get her reluctance. I come from a long line of pain deniers.

My wife is a fighter by nature, but sometimes needs that voice, to tell her she needs a helping hand. Now she is getting that rest, so she can another fight another day. 

equicrzy,  We don't have a local Tractor Supply,  I feel cheated, as I've been in them in other areas.  But we do have a good regional  farm service store that I enjoy looking around in,  I forget the time of day when I get in their hardware dept.

PD, prayers for your wife.  

TSC had a 10% discount for veterans this weekend.  We didn't know.  They asked us when we were buying cat food.  We call TSC "Cowboy Kmart", lol!

Edited by little cow

54 minutes ago, little cow said:

PD, prayers for your wife.  

TSC had a 10% discount for veterans this weekend.  We didn't know.  They asked us when we were buying cat food.  We call TSC "Cowboy Kmart", lol!

10%?  We got 15%.

Maybe it was 15%  I forgot how much the cat food was.  Dang!  I should have bought those panels for the sheep. 

The meat chicken killing went well this morning.  We also have a laying hen flock.  They all have names and many are cuddly.  Well, they just added two new members today.  The plan was to dress out all 14 meat chickens, but when I was grabbing the big roosters, two hens slipped past me, pushed the door open and scrambled out to the laying hen yard.  These are rangers, so they are healthy enough to be layers, but it almost seemed like something out of that movie Chicken Run.  How could I eat two such smart hens?  We named them Dart and Dash, lol!

Anyone want to see sheep pictures?  Okay, sure you do. :smile:  They are due to lamb somewhere around Thanksgiving.IMG_7012.thumb.JPG.dfd997845cf2f7b15f3a9ee6a4b18330.JPGIMG_7013.thumb.JPG.56216e941232f750464dcb83a40610d8.JPG I also added a picture of our dogs dressed up.  Maddie is Wonderpup and Luther just dressed up for the office.  

IMG_7144.JPG

Edited by little cow