I love sheep! I can't wait for the lamb pictures. I begged for a lamb when I was a kid. (No pun intended.) I finally got one and I named him Lambie Pie. He was spoiled rotten and butted everyone but me. When he finally got on my father's bad side, he sent him to live with a farmer friend. (At least that's what he said.)

Lambie Pie?  That is cute.  It's hard not get cute with sheep.  They can be so adorable. 

I wrote about my sheep experiences, both good an bad, on my blog. 

http://moonlitoaksranch.blogspot.com/2015/02/adventures-with-sheep-chapter-one.html

http://moonlitoaksranch.blogspot.com/2015/06/feeling-sheepish.html

The ram we used to breed our ewes was named Rambo.  But he was polite.  I learned early that the only way to stop a ram from, well, ramming, is water.  I carried a bucket when I went in with Rambo and he was very polite after a few splashes in the face.  He must have thought I was a very stranger creature indeed with some crazy powerful spitting defense mechanism.   Well, it worked!

LC, I'm hearing that water solution about fifty years too late, but it's good to know in case I meet another opinionated ram. I read your blog entries. You really are an entertaining writer. Your mare looks like a different horse from when you got her. I'm glad she landed with you.

So, Pistol is a horse chaser.

I thought he was on the front porch, but, my husband left the gate open and, Pistol ended up in the corral.

First, he was just sniffing around and, they were sniffing him. Then, they started moving and, he started following, they went faster and, Pistol went faster, soon, they were running and, Pistol chasing.

Out in the pasture, they stopped and Pistol was sniffing around their feet and, trying to grab onto Abby's tail as she swished.

Now, I know the blow by blow because, my husband watched it all, he says it's like it unfolded like in slow motion.

Pistol is lucky neither horse kicked out at him or, trampled him......he used to be afraid of the horses, I guess he isn't any more.

PD glad you were the voice of reason & got the misses into the hospital.  Truly hope she is discharged soon.

Equi your pup would learn a hard lesson at our house.  My pony Magoo would tease the dogs into a chase then go after them.  Zip is no better.  I've seen Magoo stomp one of nine lives from a barn cat.

Oh how I'd love to have lamb tenderloin in my freezer.

Huuby brought back from the Milwaukee trip Greed almond cookies & a ppiece of baklava.  OMG the baklava was like eating heaven & other unmentionables as this is a family forum.  Our bakeries in the Spooner area are horrible!!  So when one gets a true delicacy it is savored.  The flavors & not being drenched.  Then the flakes......OK I am done.  It will be anther year till can have it again.

RRW,  Great that your husband brought something you could enjoy back from trip to Milwaukee. No doubt bigger areas have more choices on some delicacies. 

LC,  Nice pictures of your sheep,  not much experience with sheep,  my oldest daughter her family have had a great variety of critters, & sheep have been one of them.

Stopped to see my wife this PM, she looked alot better,  but still has issues to deal with.   Had surgery for pancreatic cancer the end of March, followed by 5 months of Chemo, now they found cancer in her abdominal wall, so put on another form of Chemo, & chemo is just hard on everything. But the cancer & Chemo, are both causing her problems at this point.  But we've had 47 good years together, & hope for more, but we have given it to Him, & He will guide us.  PD

Thanks, Jubal!  I keep trying to post more often, but life interferes.  

Equicrazy, one good donkey would teach Pistol about respect, but, then again, I think donkeys are the solution for everything.  :crazy:

Edited by little cow

7 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

RRW,  Great that your husband brought something you could enjoy back from trip to Milwaukee. No doubt bigger areas have more choices on some delicacies. 

LC,  Nice pictures of your sheep,  not much experience with sheep,  my oldest daughter her family have had a great variety of critters, & sheep have been one of them.

Stopped to see my wife this PM, she looked alot better,  but still has issues to deal with.   Had surgery for pancreatic cancer the end of March, followed by 5 months of Chemo, now they found cancer in her abdominal wall, so put on another form of Chemo, & chemo is just hard on everything. But the cancer & Chemo, are both causing her problems at this point.  But we've had 47 good years together, & hope for more, but we have given it to Him, & He will guide us.  PD

PD, I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I'm not really much on praying, but, I'm sure He will listen to me anyway. I'll say a little something for your wife.

3 hours ago, little cow said:

Thanks, Jubal!  I keep trying to post more often, but life interferes.  

Equicrazy, one good donkey would teach Pistol about respect, but, then again, I think donkeys are the solution for everything.  :crazy:

I would love to have a donkey, but, at this stage in my life, the animals I have now, are it.......I'm kinda over it, the horse part, anyway.....these two will live out their lives, then, no more.

Want to thank you all for your thoughts & prayers, I don't like to bring my problems here, but I did put a post on here last spring about her  condition, & my way of updating it.  Mozelle is a strong lady, & not a quitter, so we might lick this yet,  but still we have to realistic.    We all have our daily struggles, to deal with,  we'll deal with what ever the outcome, as a family.  So thank you one & all.                                                                      Best Wishes. PD

6 minutes ago, noponies said:

Best wishes back to you, man. You and your wife need them more than I.

Thankyou,  Very gracious of you.  PD

*thoughts/prayers* for Mozelle and PD.  I'm glad Mozelle is resting and getting specialized care.  I hope she feels better and can come home to you soon.

PD sending prayers . I am doing fine  had  surgeries, within the last three years.Recently   long  recovery from, my left hip replacement surgery this past summer , fighting an infection.. long story  , history repeating itself .My daughter Rose is doing well so far  her health   is stable..   Had a few problems with an aid two within the last two years.... Since they left Rose 's behavior   really improved doing well.  

I am again painting to keep myself busy.

Heidi & Magic,  Thanks for thoughts & prayers for Mozelle, don't regret her being hospital, she looks more rested & more comfortable.

Ann,  Glad life is treating you as well as possible,  & life is going well for Rose, I hope life continues to treat you both well.  & thanks for thoughts & prayers for Mozelle.   Take Care .  PD

PD, hope your wife will be able to come home soon and be pain free.

It is quiet here today.

I won a turkey from the local newspaper. I wasn't planning on cooking Thanksgiving dinner but who knows now. What is everyone's plans for Thanksgiving dinner??

Been busy getting ready for Winter. Only have a couple more things to do.

Equicrzy, how is Sam doing? Hope he has recovered.

I'm sore from the gym this week. Seems like some day that will not be a problem.

Everyone have a great evening!

Danyel. we have a thanksgiving lunch train scheduled.  Going to have another good turn out for it.  I hope to be able the go.  There are a number of check ins at the motel, stay over rooms & check outs.  So will have to wait & see.

So today my son asked for a hug.  Heck explained to gat he must be getting bigger because he can get his arms around me to the point of touching his fingers.  Told him it is because I've lost weight since came into the motel.  At that point he said it is because I am making beds & cleaning.  I could have cried he warmed my heart.

It is very true.  Been working the motel myself since the second week of August & have dropped 2-3 pant sizes.  Been feeling really good lately.

4 hours ago, Danyel said:

PD, hope your wife will be able to come home soon and be pain free.

It is quiet here today.

I won a turkey from the local newspaper. I wasn't planning on cooking Thanksgiving dinner but who knows now. What is everyone's plans for Thanksgiving dinner??

Been busy getting ready for Winter. Only have a couple more things to do.

Equicrzy, how is Sam doing? Hope he has recovered.

I'm sore from the gym this week. Seems like some day that will not be a problem.

Everyone have a great evening!

Sam is almost back to normal, the swelling is barely noticeable now.....not sure it WAS pigeon fever.

Thanksgiving.... I bought a lil butterball turkey, an 8 pounder, there's just two of us. I'll make the usual, traditional sides..... I don't do fancy, maybe if we're having company I'll get a little creative, but, not for just us.

My wife did come home this PM,  but she still is not feeling well, as she would like, but we are taking things just one day at a time.  But I thank you all for your good thoughts & prayers.   PD

PD can't express how good it is to hear your Mrs is home.  Knowing where you are located there are a few out standing health facilities & she will be better with the care they provided.  My heart goes out to Mrs PD & you.

P.S.  I hate my phones auto everything

Yay!  I'm glad Mozelle is home with you, PD.  She may not be feeling as well as she can, but I am sure that being in her own home is its own kind of healing.

I'm glad Sam is feeling better.  Leo had a recurrence of the snotty nose when I rode him last Friday so had the vet out for more shots.  Vet is coming again tomorrow for another round - we want to make sure we've GOT it and it doesn't come back.

I've never exercised (deliberately, as an adult) and not had something hurt afterwards.  Getting older really stinks.  RR, yay-you!  Will you be shopping for new clothes or putting it off a little longer?

PD, I'm glad your wife is home where you both can rest easier.

RRW, good job! Weren't you one of the people on the group diet awhile back? Who knew all you had to do was leave home and work  round the clock to lose weight?! Maybe you can start a weight loss clinic and get the patrons to do your chores.

For Turkey Day--going to spend it with my sisters and a few children and grandchildren of theirs. We get catered turkey and dressing and we each make a side dish. A day of unabashed gluttony!

Heidi the past spring I bought all sorts for f new jeans & pants.  Now been buying a little here & there.  Then it helped my office gal cleaned out her closet & gave me a bunch of shirts.

It feels really good & it is odd looking at pictures of myself from July.  For me to lose weight I have to get moving.  When at the railroad I sit in my office then the added stress.  Don't have that here at the motel.  Who needs a gym membership?