Danyel,  Happy Birthday, I hope headache goes away, so you enjoy your birthday dinner.  We have raccoon problems at times, & also have several feral cats, that I feed, so I feed them in the AM, & raccoons don't come around until the PM. But they also come up on our back deck, at times, my wife takes a broom after them.    

My grandaughter & I went for a ride this AM, her getting hurt on a horse is always in the back of my mind. I don't want to send damaged goods back to Texas. She leaves on the 18th, & I've really enjoyed having her here.  Later. PD

Happy birthday, Danyel! Are you 30 now?

Heidi, if bad things happen in threes, your kitties will be safe for awhile.

RRW, keep on keeping on. I don't know what to tell you except retirement is really nice when you get there.

Happy Birthday Danyel! Ditto to what ProudDad said..youre gonna have to feed your kitty during the day. Dont leave any sort of food out at night. Theyll move on once their food supply is gone. Or, you could put foods they like out just for them (eggs, grapes, little jar of peanut butter) and watch their silly antics from a window.

Took little Margarita for a walk this evening. She is so stinkin smart. Any suggestions on what to do with her? Shes totally halter broken and walks well on a lead. She hops in the trailer without any second guessing. She walks on the gravel, concrete, and wood. She jumps up onto a platform and down when asked although I dont ask her to do that very often. She really likes to jump though lol. She stands tied to be groomed. She trots in hand (although sometimes its a canter in hand cause shes so small lol). We're working on picking up her feet. She'll pick them up no problem, its just the standing on 3 legs for a couple minutes that needs work. Im running out of ideas on stuff to do with her. The silly thing comes running when she sees us in the field, almost like she wants to learn. She'll be 3 months old the end of this month.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. We are home from dinner already. This headache won't give up. Jubal, 30 years old sounds great but my oldest son is pushing 50, so that won't work.

The raccoons come morning and night! I never leave food out but they come up when the cat is eating and run him off. They are very brave and hard to scare off. I can't think of anywhere I can feed the cat that would stop the raccoons.

Everyone have a great evening. I'm headed for bed early.

You could always ser up a little trail/obstacle course for her, and work on following and moving her with hand gestures without a lead. And there's always some trick training. You can teach colors too. Bring the 'yellow' bucket.

Edited by noponies

Late to the party, but birthday wishes for Danyel!

Today was a madhouse at the library.  It was like a Monday x10.

Got maybe 4-5hrs sleep last night, worrying about kitties and waking early to make sure I didn't miss my window for taking the kitties in.  I had to call the vet to give them the heads-up about MaddCatt and they gave me the OK.  Pretty is feeling much better tonight though her eyebrows are still a bit puffy.  Flooter had to have TEN teeth pulled and the tumor on his mammary glad was encapsulated and they are confident they got it all.  It has been sent off for pathology.  He was anemic (heavy flea load) so I will be diligent about the flea treatment for the next few months.  MaddCatt's chin was an injury.  Over the phone, the vet described it as having been 'torn' from her gums and says her chin may always be a little droopy and hangy-down more than usual but she will be fine.  It was already healing over and they gave her a long-acting antibiotic shot so I don't have to medicate her.

Worked a 7hr day at the library and I was running from the get-go.  Even my lunch was interrupted multiple times due to being short-staffed and the demand for solar eclipse glasses so high.  We will probably run out of the glasses by/over the weekend and then have to disappoint people that are looking for them.  Our library is going through renovations and we are staying open through it.  Today there was a Hilti gun shooting nails through framing wood and into concrete - my nerves were shot.  Pun intended.  Carpet is almost done, About 75% of the shelves are in their permanent locations and 100% of the books on the shelves need to be shifted and the shelf aisles relabeled.  Boss is planning a Shelving Party after-hours for all employees, possibly next weekend.  Looking forward to that as we can pair up and each team tackle an aisle and get it knocked out fairly quickly without being interrupted by patrons.  

1 hour ago, noponies said:

You could always ser up a little trail/obstacle course for her, and work on following and moving her with hand gestures without a lead. And there's always some trick training. You can teach colors too. Bring the 'yellow' bucket.

Hmmm..I might have to work on that. 

Afternoon folks!

So sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Some crazy things have happened and I've been lying low. 

Currently dealing with a sick cat. Looks like a massive hairball in his gut--despite the fact that he gets laxatone, a hairball preventative food, AND he gets a lion cut hair cut ever 3-4 months. Ugh. We tried feeding soft food with mineral oil, lasted one day, and hes back puking again. First time I brought him into the vet he had xrays and blood work. Blood was normal, x-rays showed he was constipated. Had an enema, puking stopped for a few days, but then it resumed. Hauled him back in for a modified barium series and now it's pretty well determined he's got something in his gut but vet thought maybe the mineral oil and soft food would compress the hair down enough that maybe he'd crap it out or puke it up. Well 4 or 5 pretty violent pukes today produced nothing but mess and he's got jelly poop with a touch of blood from the oil...so back in he goes. I've been debating on whether or not I want to cough up the money for the surgery (no pun intended) as I have already shelled out over 600 dollars in diagnostics for this cat AND when I first got him payed another 600 dollars fighting to save his life with a feeding tube after he developed anorexia after a dental procedure and he needed nearly all his teeth pulled (when I adopted him they told me he had a couple broken teeth. NO. Most of his teeth where rotten out of his head. Ugh!!!) I love the cat to death, he's a great cat, but he's an older kitty, between 12 and 14 and I've spent so much already. I don't know if I can pay another 600+ for the surgery. I feel awful since yes, it's "just" a hairball and it's NOT his fault...likely something that has accumulated from years past as I have taken diligent care of him with grooming, food, etc... I just don't know. Especially after I was in the ER on Sunday and I have no idea what my insurance will cover of that. 

*sigh* Happy thoughts would be appreciated for my Mr. Watson kitty and myself. I'm still kicking around what I should do. I just feel awful and I know he feels so sick. It breaks my heart. 

Personally, I wouldn't put an older cat like this through such an invasive surgery, they just don't do well, especially after hearing how he crashed after such an intense dental experience.

If you are down to the wire with the cat, and out of options. feed him several strips of fatty bacon. Natural grease works sometimes.

The vet clinic called back. I'm bringing him in after work. His age is truly a guesstimate...I was told originally he was 5 or 6 at adoption but he has "speckled eyes" and one vet said she only ever saw that in cats over ten. That was 2015. So if he was 10 then that would make him 12 or 14. I really don't know. This current vet specializes in cats and she has a soft spot for oldies--she seems optimistic that he'd be okay for a removal surgery, but we are going to talk more when I get in. I can't handle cleaning up any more vomit I do know that. 

It just sucks because I got this cat to replace one I put down 2 years ago--I lost her to mental instability problems. She was reclusive, on anti-anxiety medication, calming food, oils, the whole nine yards. I moved to college and she adapted okay...then I changed into a different bedroom and it was like her world exploded. She lived under the bed, eyes the size of saucers, wouldn't eat or drink during the day, even with the door closed and wouldn't use her box either...only at night. Was that way for over 6 months until the end of the semester. Tried forcing her to eat during the day but then she starved herself...finally I had to throw in the towel. Hundreds of dollars in meds and food...just couldn't do it and she was just so unhappy all the time. So I put her down and got this kitty...Kind, social, happy. He's totally normal other than this puking thing he's started. Active, potty's, wants to eat SOOO badly, but he eats and then just pukes it all up. 

I hate pet ownership some days. I really do. 

Spanish, good thoughts for your kitty!

I dog I was concerned about, was adopted today! 

I felt so much better today. Got a lot accomplished! Took most of the day to get caught up. I took a yoga class early this morning and it seemed to help with the sinus headache.

Everyone have a great evening.

I have a cat that eats and pukes it back up. She is 5. I switched her to wet cat food and she stopped but I had to keep my cat Bella on dry. Now layla won't eat the wet cat food and only wants the dry with Bella. So back to puking. She is fine otherwise. Plays, drinks, cuddles, never shuts up. I think her issue is that she scarfs her food down so fast she over eats and then it swells in her belly. 

Trainer had some progress already. He bolted twice today but the trainer did not fight with him, just let him run. Then he stopped and had a little thinking time and the trainer started over and things were good. Trainer says he does know a lot of good things already but stuff was skipped over. And confused would be about the best way to describe my horse. Smart, but confused. 

Met with a vet today and he looked over my horse. The vet noticed he had some small sore lumps in his sheath and swelling on his belly just in front of his sheath. Says he has some bug bit sensitivity and to spray him down with fly spray in that area. His left hock was slightly sticky on flexing. Cold hose and bute for now and flex again later and see if it improves. He said something that mild could have been caused by playing in the pasture but if it does not improve I might have to get him injected. But his knees look and feel great lol.  

Edited by TigerLilly

Morning all !!  Happy FRIDAY !!!!!!!!!  Hoping to get lots of trail riding done this weekend.  What does everyone have planned for your weekend?

Just a little yard work if it doesn't rain, and hopeful for a visit from my favorite nephew.

My grandkids are involved in a local county fair, & they even have a rodeo there, & my oldest grandson wants to ride a bull. He tried this once last fall, & lasted about 3 seconds.  Just glad it is him & not me.   PD

Well Mr. Watson had his surgery. There was no hairball. His pancreas is inflamed. Possibly a cancer. They took a biopsy to see what it is and if we can help him. 

I'm hoping it's not cancer...that it's something treatable....

I'm so heartbroken. :mecry:

11 minutes ago, spanish_walkin_wannabe said:

Well Mr. Watson had his surgery. There was no hairball. His pancreas is inflamed. Possibly a cancer. They took a biopsy to see what it is and if we can help him. 

I'm hoping it's not cancer...that it's something treatable....

I'm so heartbroken. :mecry:

Oh no. Poor kitty. Sending you love and prayers.