Texas has big snakes.

Couldn't live deep south my hair couldn't handle the humidity.  Once again....BIG BUGS!!!!

Oh & you can keep the gators.  Knowing we have big musky, leeches & snappers in our lakes it is perfectly safe to swim.

2 hours ago, noponies said:

Okaaay....how about east Texas?

Try, SE Arizona, smaller towns, people are friendly, a laid back kind of living.  Avoid Phoenix and Tucson, way too big, too much hustle and bustle, too much traffic and people, all in too big a hurry to get somewhere.

What Alleycat said about FL and East TX just had  a hurricane! Besides, with global warming, KY has had some pretty mild winters lately. (I probably just jinxed myself.) A good thing about winter--you don't have to cut grass. It needs it, but I'm through! We still have green, growing grass.

17 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

Try, SE Arizona, smaller towns, people are friendly, a laid back kind of living.  Avoid Phoenix and Tucson, way too big, too much hustle and bustle, too much traffic and people, all in too big a hurry to get somewhere.

Now that I can handle, as long as it doesn't snow. Cold hurts!

7 minutes ago, noponies said:

Now that I can handle, as long as it doesn't snow. Cold hurts!

I remember one, brief flurry, in 2011 or, 12.....it was an anomaly, though, as a rule, it doesn't snow in that part of Arizona......most winters, you'll do fine with a sweater or, light jacket.  It does get pretty windy, though.

2 hours ago, noponies said:

As long as it isn't tornados or hurricanes.

Nope, neither of those. The most you'll have to deal with is, heat.

Alleycat! Is that you?! How the heck are ya girl?

I survived Thanksgiving at my brothers father in laws. It was actually really nice and not too awkward. Now my brother is planning all these Christmasy things to do together..light shows and such. 

My Christmas shopping is almost completely done. Dustin who is 14 said he wants clothes. I think Ill just give him cash so he can buy whatever he wants vs. guessing sizes and clothing he would like.

Good Morning folks,

RRW--Congrats on your own personal weight loss! I'm still working meticulously at it! I have been fumbling with about the same 3 lbs right now off and on. I think I need to just walk more and really keep after my carb intake. I have kept it under pretty well under 100 grams thinking that would melt the body fat, but I think I need to really stay aggressive with it to continue to see results. My body is very stubborn about holding onto everything, no matter how much I cut my carbs back. Very frustrating indeed!

We did not have any shoppers on Saturday. Very disheartening. I am not sure how to get folks to come in and shop. I post our goods on social media and the pictures are shared in multiple sell and swap forums, instagram, etc... The posts get loads of traffic, people know the stuff is here. I guess they just don't think to shop here? I don't know what else to do. Really really SUCKS. Our gift shop has some great stocking stuffer ideas and we could use the boost of income for the winter months. *sigh* OH well.

We are going to have a very nice week of weather--mid 30's here. I am so excited! I wish I could spend today at the farm, but alas. I am here at work doing data entry. Gotta keep making that money!

I am so not looking forward to the holidays. I am really not interested in shopping this year as we are saving for a house. I would rather keep putting our excess money into savings for our down payment, but S.O. says we need to purchase gifts for at least immediate family. Apparently I'm being a scrooge. :crazy:  I'm shopping bare minimum in that case for everyone. LOL.

So, the girls haven't ridden lately. My fault really. Mostly because of the time change, but partly because Ive gotten a little tired of being taken advantage of. And too I feel like since Zarinnas last attitude issue that I now kind of hold her at arms length so to speak, knowing/waiting for it to happen again. Maybe things will change in the spring.

1 hour ago, QueenBAW said:

So, the girls haven't ridden lately. My fault really. Mostly because of the time change, but partly because Ive gotten a little tired of being taken advantage of. And too I feel like since Zarinnas last attitude issue that I now kind of hold her at arms length so to speak, knowing/waiting for it to happen again. Maybe things will change in the spring.

I say, good for you, I've been reading your posts, thinking to myself, " they take advantage of her.". You were like the mother's built in babysitter, I know you like these girls and, you really are doing a great thing by letting them ride and teaching them some responsibility, but,  it just seemed to me, the mother was taking advantage of your good deeds.

Ok.....off my self righteous soapbox....lol..

On 11/30/2017 at 3:25 PM, equicrzy said:

I say, good for you, I've been reading your posts, thinking to myself, " they take advantage of her.". You were like the mother's built in babysitter, I know you like these girls and, you really are doing a great thing by letting them ride and teaching them some responsibility, but,  it just seemed to me, the mother was taking advantage of your good deeds.

Ok.....off my self righteous soapbox....lol..

Thank you. It started getting to me. Just a few weeks ago I messaged the mom because Zarinna has started to collect Breyer horses, appys in particular, and I know she already has several. I told the mom that I was going to get Zarinna a Breyer for Xmas and asked if she would just send me pics of the ones she already has so I dont duplicate. She messaged me back saying not to worry if I duplicate, Zarinna will just give them different names. I was so aggrivated. All I was asking was for her to take 1 minute and get off her couch and take a couple pics and send them to me. I dont have to get her bratty kid anything for Xmas! Again, taken for granted. She had the nerve to text me last week telling me to pick Zarinna up on my way to the barn. I had to count to 20 before I texted her back and nicely told her no. What a douche bag.

I've started making candy and fudge for Christmas. I made 2 batches of fudge and one toffee. Next week it will be cookies. I give most of it away.

Queen, don't let them take advantage of you. That mother needs a kick in the butt!

I have a pot with burnt on sugar to deal with. I would toss it but it is one of my favorites! Any suggestions??

Jubal, I ended up boiling vinegar and baking soda in it. That and elbow grease, it finally came off.

9 minutes ago, Danyel said:

Jubal, I ended up boiling vinegar and baking soda in it. That and elbow grease, it finally came off.

Have you ever tried using the stuff in my pic? I sometimes will sprinkle some in my dishwater if I have some stuck on gunk, let it soak for a little bit...and whatever it was slides right off.

20171202_151303.jpg

44 minutes ago, Danyel said:

Queen, I've never seen that. I'm going to look for it next time I'm at the store. Thanks!

I know Walmart has  in the laundry detergent isle.

Danyel, I don't think the  vinegar would work as well with the baking soda since the soda is a base and the vinegar is an acid. It would  neutralize it.

Jubal, I dumped the soda & vinegar mixture and just boiled white vinegar in the pan. That seemed to work. I didn't realize soda and vinegar didn't work together.

We used to make "volcanoes" with vinegar and soda. On the other hand, the combination is a great drain cleaner.

Something crazy is happening here, robins, lots of robins, more than I've ever seen at one time, dozens of them, converging on the cedar trees.

Usually, we see one or two at a time, this is crazy, they're all over the place, like they're ravenous, all over the cedars, eating the berries, hopping around on the ground, searching through the leaf litter for berries.

Might it be a sign of a bad winter coming?  We've not had snow yet, or rain and, we went for a walk after dinner and, I didn't need a jacket.......it feels weird.

Winters getting started north of you. The birds are moving to a better ground. I had bluebirds like that a while back.