4 hours ago, noponies said:

Winters getting started north of you. The birds are moving to a better ground. I had bluebirds like that a while back.

I thought maybe something like that, it's just never happened before quite like this.

2 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Equi we see Robin's like that in the spring when they are migrating.

They must be passing through, on their way to warmer territory.

The migrating habits of the different birds is interesting, & what it is that tells them it is time to move south.    I thought the Canadian geese would be moving south by now, but last week, I noticed a large group of them sunning themselves, by small town waste treatment plant.  It appeared that a few of them were on the settling ponds of the plant.  PD

It is in the 60's today. I put my lawnmowers away for the Winter plus the tiller. Tried to rake and blow leaves but the wind was making it impossible. Winter temps will be here this week.

The dogs have been outside all day. I just let them in and can hear snoring!!

This warm weather has brought the red wasp out. I picked one up off the floor and got stung! I thought it was a leaf! 

Think I will go read for a while. Everyone have a great evening.

PD we haven't had much for geese here.  Hardly any in the sky.

Yesterday was so nice that I swept the walk way.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 50s with rain.  Tuesday rmps are to drop.  Fingers crossed it will stay in the 20s.  Today is room deep cleaning.

There arent enough hours in the day. Woke up to my phone finally taking a nose dive, figured Id better run to town and upgrade before Im left with nothing at all. Took me hours. Wanted to ride and fish today but it looks like neither will happen as it will be dark in 30 minutes. Poo.

10 hours ago, QueenBAW said:

Thank goodness!

I'll second that. I swear, it takes forever  to be able to go to bed!......lol.... ( I feel like I'm ready, then, it's only 7 o'clock, I can't go to bed at 7 o'clock!)

Edited by equicrzy

I saw the sun, briefly, this morning.... I don't know where it went......still no precipitation, like was supposed to be Saturday and Sunday, we went out and loaded some trees my husband knocked down and cut up, he, wearing just a T-shirt and, I was wearing just a light sweater.

1 hour ago, equicrzy said:

I'll second that. I swear, it takes forever  to be able to go to bed!......lol.... ( I feel like I'm ready, then, it's only 7 o'clock, I can't go to bed at 7 o'clock!)

SURE ya can! I do it all the time in the winter. But....I wake up about 4AM.

4 hours ago, noponies said:

SURE ya can! I do it all the time in the winter. But....I wake up about 4AM.

Even if I'm ready at 7, Pistol isn't.  He's still rampaging the house at that time.

25 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

Even if I'm ready at 7, Pistol isn't.  He's still rampaging the house at that time.

Having a "toddler" does tend to change things.  :rotf:

30 minutes ago, noponies said:

Having a "toddler" does tend to change things.  :rotf:

Yes, that's a great comparison.... I don't know which is worse.

46 minutes ago, Danyel said:

Equicrzy, how is Pistol?

He's growing like a weed, by husband says, every morning, "he grew another two inches last night."

IMG_20171203_140358117.jpg

He's just 4 1/2 months old.  He's gonna be pretty big....well, it's what we wanted.

2 hours ago, noponies said:

Don't you already HAVE 2 horses?

What's one more, right?

30 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

His feet???? What about those ears:shocked:

They are pretty big, aren't they?  Hope he grows into them.

Lol what a cutie!

Crazy day today at work...had to sit with THREE suicide patients. Ugh, breaks my heart.

Crazy weekend story. Ill keep it brief. A friend of mine lost his horse in a trailer accident yesterday. Im just sick for him.

I'm sorry about your friend's loss.  That is a big fear of mine, as this is my first year of horse trailer ownership and hauling my horses.  It is as stressful as taking yowling kitties in carriers to the vet.  Not from horses yowling like cats (the yowling noise is unnerving for me), but trying to keep an eye on and anticipate what traffic around me will make me have to do to keep my horses safe.

Pistol is growing so fast!  I can kinda see how he will look as an adult in that pic.  Heck, he looks as big as an adult, NOW!  LOL

8 minutes ago, little cow said:

Family members lost their home in the Thomas Fire in SoCal.  They are staying in a hotel with their three cats.  :(

I've been watching that on the news, it's awful.  They may have lost their home, but, possessions can be replaced, at least they're ok.

Do they know what started the fire, lightning, maybe?

21 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

I'm sorry about your friend's loss.  That is a big fear of mine, as this is my first year of horse trailer ownership and hauling my horses.  It is as stressful as taking yowling kitties in carriers to the vet.  Not from horses yowling like cats (the yowling noise is unnerving for me), but trying to keep an eye on and anticipate what traffic around me will make me have to do to keep my horses safe.

Pistol is growing so fast!  I can kinda see how he will look as an adult in that pic.  Heck, he looks as big as an adult, NOW!  LOL

Every time we trailer the horses, I'm constantly thinking about the, "what ifs"....I'm a very nervous hauler, even though, my husband does the driving.

My husband calls Pistol, 'Pistol Peetey'.... I call him, 'Pistol PITA'....he's a handful, just teaching him to not jump up on us, is a hair pulling experience....he's smart but, stubborn.