Oh, LC, I'm so sorry for your family.  I'm glad they and their kitties are okay.  Fire is a huge fear of mine because it cares not what it consumes.

LC good that they are safe.  Sad about their home.

Equi seems every dog learns differently about not jumping up.  Our Will I did the body check bit with him.  Only to have him turn body checking into a game.  Yup he was a hockey player in a past life.  Odie was to big for the body or knee stop to work.  So with him every time he would jump up I bonk him on the head.  Like bouncing a basketball.  If he wasn't getting the clue just bonked him a little harder each time.  He figured it out.

Another trick is grab his paws & dance around.  They don't enjoy dancing.

Good luck with your naughty little devil.

My naughty little devil took a big bag of M&Ms off the table & polished them off.  Only evidence was the empty bag on the sofa & one lone M&M stuck on his fur.  The bag wasn't shredded it was as if he took a knife & cut it open.

LC,   Sorry for your family that lost home due to fire.  It seems 2017 has been a bad year for people being displaced from their homes die to natural disasters. Got to hope 2018, is a better year. Best Wishes.  PD

This was kind of a neat story from the LA fires:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/animals/watch-cbs-reporter-helps-save-horses-from-calif-fire/497244266

My aunt, uncle and cousins are still in a hotel.  One of my cousins is mentally disabled and has trouble understanding abstract concepts, like death or loss.  She also has trouble coping with changes.  I'm heartbroken about the struggle my aunt and uncle are having trying to explain things to her.  They sent a before and after picture of their house.   From a lovely stucco two story to nothing but a smoldering ruin with a chimney.  :(

The fire overran a home and burned to death something like 20 horses trapped in corrals. Owners didn't even open gates when they left for safety.

My eyes are tear-y and my throat is all closed up reading and watching these things.  Fire is my biggest fear as it doesn't care what it consumes and leaves only ashes behind.

So, I've won myself 2 puppies...for 7 days anyway. I picked them up yesterday afternoon on a back road in the middle of nowhere. Animal control was already closed. Theyre both boys, and were skinny and starving. Amazingly they are flea free and arent even smelly. Theyve aclimated to my place very quickly and slept in bed next to me last night. They got up a few times to potty, eat, play, and go back to sleep. They are precious but Ive forgotten what its like to have little puppies. I cried when I called animal control this morning. But, instead of them coming to pick them up, they said I can foster them during their 7 day stray hold. My dogs are tolerating them well, and I have homes lined up for the pups already. The downside is that they will be crated while Im at work for 12 hours, but it's a very large crate with plenty of room for their food, water, room to potty and still enough room to stay clean. I tested them with the crate today for a little while and they did just fine.

20171206_193305.jpg

received_10211052943387514.jpeg

Some kind of hunting dogs?  Poor things, good thing you came along when you did.

Queen, thank you for saving these babies! Someone probably dumped them. We had a litter of 8 six weeks old puppies dumped out here. Between me and the neighbors, we got them to a rescue and families found for them. I just don't understand the cruel treatment of any animal. It just breaks my heart. Over the years I have taken in and kept three dumped dogs and three cats.

Off my soapbox!

Edited by Danyel

13 hours ago, equicrzy said:

Some kind of hunting dogs?  Poor things, good thing you came along when you did.

They seem to be some kind of hound mix. The brown and white reminds me of a Pointer. He is extremely smart too.  Both have small feet.

I think Lab/hound, maybe Beagle. Good for you!

It's 26 degrees in the barn and frozen water buckets. Oh joy! I guess fall's over early.

10 degrees this morning! 

I'm staying home and cleaning house. No baking today. I made blackberry and apricot thumbprint cookies yesterday.

Yoga teacher didn't show yesterday and a young buff lady came in and tried kill us with a cardio fit class! I'm so sore this morning. Too old for that pounding!!

Snowing here. Just came in from sliding/falling down the porch steps taking the puppies out to potty. Ouch. Trying to decide wether my arm needs an xray...Ill wait a couple hours and decide.

Earlier today I drove the road where I picked the pups up looking for more pups. It makes me sick to think of skinny hungry puppies out in the cold and surely these guys had littermates. I didnt see anything, but by this time Im sure they're probably a county over. Hopefully theyve found a warm spot.  Frankie and Benny ( the puppies) are doing really well with the crate so I wont worry too much when I have to work tomorrow. Housebreaking is going well, and theyre eating dry food like little horses. At night they sleep for 2 hour stretches and then need to go out to potty, a bite to eat, a drink of water, and 5 minutes of playtime before going back to sleep. So Im kinda feeling like a new mother with a newborn lol..lacking in sleep. My dogs are doing fine with them. Jenna just doesn't care, she's 16 now. Faith doesnt know what to make of them when they rough house together. All that squeaking and whining and little sharp teeth worry her but today shes gotten better and even allowed Frankie (the brown one) to sleep touching her. I have a wonderful home lined up...if I dont end up keeping them myself! 

Pic is little Frankie laying next to Faith, Jenna on the end. Benny was in my arms.

20171208_142759.jpg

It will be in the 30s by Sunday morning here.  I finished planting rye grass Wednesday morning, just ahead of the storm.  Perfect rainy, cold weather for growing rye grass.  :)

11 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Oh they are cute.  Thought they looked part pointer also.  Good of you to take them in.

I was thinking pointer, too.

Made a Costco run today, it's cold out, but, still sunny and, pretty much cloudless.... I picked up a ham and, some of the other stuff for Christmas dinner.

Pistol was a good boy, again, no accidents in the house.

I hesitate to say he's completely housebroken, because that would jinx it, for sure, but, it does look that way.....good, got it done before I'd be knee deep in snow, taking a dog out to potty.

The darker colored one sure looks like a little pointer pup.... he's got the 'ticking' on his legs and, everything.

They're all adorable!