That was nice of him.  Perhaps you bonded with the car while you were driving it?   Maybe it needs a name. 

Hubby and I both have trucks (mine's bigger).  It's called Farm Truck most of the time.  Or just, Muddy, lol!

Edited by little cow

LC,  If I were to name my truck, it would either be Dusty or Salty, my truck is black in color, & looks nice when clean, but I live on a dirt road, so it gets dusty real quick in the spring through fall, & then gets covered with road salt during the winter. so never stays clean very long.                         PD

I do like it, even though its not a Honda Civic lol. Its a Nissan Altima, gold in color. It handles well, comparable to my old Honda as far as gas, and I feel like it has enough body to it to protect me in case of a crash (make sense?). Plenty of room, plenty of trunk space. Im ok with it. 

48 minutes ago, Proud Dad said:

LC,  If I were to name my truck, it would either be Dusty or Salty, my truck is black in color, & looks nice when clean, but I live on a dirt road, so it gets dusty real quick in the spring through fall, & then gets covered with road salt during the winter. so never stays clean very long.                         PD

I washed my truck for the first time since I bought it (2014) last Sunday, because it was white with salt. It reminded me why I always go to the car wash and watch through the window while machines wash it! If I named it, it would have to be Moose. It feels too big and clunky to me, and yet it has less room inside than my old '96. If I want to go shopping, I can't take  friend or there'll be nowhere to put the packages.

My huge truck's name is Max.  Short for Truckimus Maximus.

Flying to California tomorrow afternoon.  Sister and Hospice say Mom is declining and I want to be there.  I'll post an update after I arrive, get settled and see how Mom is doing.

jubal,  If your truck lacks for room inside, is it a single cab truck?  I have a extended cab truck,  & keep saying my next truck is going to be a full 4 door,  truck just won't wear out, so I guess I have to wait for the salt to eat it up.  PD

Yes, it's single cab, short bed. My last truck was too, but it had a fold down seat feature with 16 or so inches of space behind the seat, plenty for packages. And yet it seemed smaller when I drove it. I wish I had it back.

Heidi, I hope it isn't a permanent thing for your mom. She rallied before. Hospice was wrong about my mother.

3 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

My huge truck's name is Max.  Short for Truckimus Maximus.

Flying to California tomorrow afternoon.  Sister and Hospice say Mom is declining and I want to be there.  I'll post an update after I arrive, get settled and see how Mom is doing.

Prayers for you, your mom, and family.

I'm sorry, Heidi.  Hugs and prayers. 

PD, our new farm is on a dirt road.  I go there twice per day, so the Farm Truck is getting a protective layer of mud.  I was calling her Muddy Farm Truck and MFT for short, but someone might think the MF stands for something else....  :o  Farm Truck will have to do.  

Of course as soon as I sign the paperwork on my new-to-me car, I see a car I REALLY like!!! OMG I think Im in love!! Cant yall picture me driving this 'ol girl with my pups in the back?!

20180201_141758.jpg

20180201_141739.jpg

20180201_141750.jpg

^^^That brings back memories. My family had a red and white Buick wagon of that vintage. It was a nice driving car that I drove to high school senior year.

LC,  I think trucks are meant to carry some dirt,  one that doesn't have mud on it, hasn't been properly broke in.

QB,    That is a neat looking 57 ford station wagon, the red & white would surely get everybody's attention.  It looks good for a 61 year old car. 

Heidi,   I wish you & your Mom the Very Best.  Best Wishes. PD

Thanks, everyone for the good wishes.  I won't know until I see Mom for myself how she's doing, but going by the phone conversations with her and my sister the last month and especially my conversations with my sister the past week, it sounds like we are coming to the inevitable conclusion.  Hospice has classified her as "declining" and it pushed my sis over the edge.  I need to be there.

QB - I *love* classic cars!  I drive a '78 Corvette that I've had for almost 30yrs.  Mine is fiberglass, but the one you like is STURDY.  I guarantee it would protect you against almost every other car of today on the roads.  Plus, you'd look so dang *cool* driving it!

Our Buick didn't have that third seat. That section was a cargo area with the spare in a compartment below it. We were allowed to take a nap back there on long trips. My, how things have changed!

4 minutes ago, jubal said:

Our Buick didn't have that third seat. That section was a cargo area with the spare in a compartment below it. We were allowed to take a nap back there on long trips. My, how things have changed!

jubal   They still have third seats in modern day suvs,  I guess they are the modern day station wagon. 

Someone took good care of that old ford station wagon,  that time frame brings back alot of old memories, when I was a youth.  PD

Heidi - safe travels to see your mom, glad you are able to get there to spend time with her. 

Hope everyone else has a good weekend! 

5 hours ago, jubal said:

^^^LC, you get up entirely too early!

LOL!  Yep, 4:30 most mornings.  And I do this without coffee.  I am an energetic person.  I don't do well on coffee.  In fact, I think it's illegal to give me caffeine in at least 15 states.  

Me too! I got it from my dad who had a '27 Model T, a 1903 Olds replica, and a '35 Dodge, at different times. I don't want to restore one though. 

NP,  how do you do that? I've never seen a Palm bloom. 

1 hour ago, jubal said:

Me too! I got it from my dad who had a '27 Model T, a 1903 Olds replica, and a '35 Dodge, at different times. I don't want to restore one though. 

NP,  how do you do that? I've never seen a Palm bloom. 

I have a humidifier next to it all winter, it sits just off to the side of an east facing window, and it gets about a half gallon of water a week too. It has bloomed about this time of year for the past 4 years.

^^^ Cool! I had a huge Croton plant once that I tried to kill by neglecting it. The darn thing thrived and bloomed. I finally got someone who admired it to take it home.

The only house plants that survive my neglect are African violets and a Christmas Cactus.  I have no idea why they aren't dead, lol!

Got to remember to water house plants today, have no flair for taking care of them, but none have died yet under my care, but it was my wife that had the green thumb.  It is the outside flower gardens that could be a bit of a challenge come this spring.  PD