jubal,  great news that your horse is doing better,  & that you are having a warming trend.

RRW, I'm going to be at your back door today,  my grandaughter is playing at a basketball tourament today in RL,   so hope to spend a cold day watching basketball.  Have a grat day all.   PD

1 hour ago, RailroadWoman said:

Jubal great pic.  The plus side of getting up early.  Good that your boy is feeling better.

As promised by the red sunrise yesterday, it rained last night and is still rainy. BUT it's not very cold--51 already. Yay!

PD, enjoy a day indoors. Good luck to your granddaughter's team!

Edited by jubal

PD waving at you.  If you have time after the game there is a model railroad show at the cedar mall in RL.  Its not a huge show but usually has some decent layout displays.  My boys are going tomorrow.  Meaning Short man will probably spend money.

Have a sunny day here but rain is far from happening for us.  Be happy when hits 30.  Spring will be around the corner when all the critters leave you hairy.

22 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

PD waving at you.  If you have time after the game there is a model railroad show at the cedar mall in RL.  Its not a huge show but usually has some decent layout displays.  My boys are going tomorrow.  Meaning Short man will probably spend money.

RRW,   I was tired by the time basketball games were over thatb I just went home, grandaughter's team lost all 4 of their games, but she is just 11, & has alot of years to improve ye, she has another game Monday night closer to home, that I'll make a point of going to. .  I'm sure model train display, would have been interesting,  but another time for me.   Have a good day all.  PD

Hey yall, sorry Ive been missing. Ive had some crazyness going on.

Margarita the mini coliced pretty bad a few nights ago. Shes fine now.

Bennie the puppy is doing great although she keeps me up all night if she doesn't get the exercise she needs.

Aaand...a man followed me home last week. It was super scary and I had a really bad feeling about it. He was adamantly looking for someone named "Grace", and thought either I was Grace, or had Grace with me. Add to that it was dark and raining and he spent what seemed like forever staring at me in between responding to me telling him there is no one here named Grace. Low and behold 2 days later the news reports that 2 teenaged girls ran away from the very remote boarding school up the road from me...one girls name was Grace. I reported my incident to the police and they took a report thinking my incident was related. I was wracked with worry for those girls for days, constantly checking social media to see if they had been found. Thankfully, they were found safe yesterday. Tomorrow Im buying a Ruger LCP 380 and going back to carrying everywhere all the time. I hate to live that way, and I hate what this world has become.

Oh yuck.  Do you think he was trying to meet up with those girls through the internet?  Maybe that's why they ran away?  I think we ought to a have a computer device that zaps the nethers of any man who tries to flirt with underage girls (or boys) online.  Could you see that?  "Hey, baby, how are ya......Ow!  @#*&*!!"  Now, that is an app we need to protect kids.  

Scary stuff.  I hope thy catch the piece of excrement.

Edited by little cow

Pancake Day is tomorrow!  Also known as Pancake Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, or Fat Tuesday for other traditions.  We love Pancake Day.  I wake up early and make buttermilk pancakes from scratch for breakfast and then wake up the family.  

For us, it's a tasty treat the day before Ash Wednesday and fasting (which marks the beginning of Lent), but even if you aren't religious, you can still celebrate pancakes tomorrow.  It's a British/Irish/Scottish sort of tradition dating back to when they made pancakes to use up the ingredients before Lent (they gave up eggs and dairy for Lent in the old days).  So, if you want to participate, get your buttermilk and syrup today so you're ready for tomorrow morning.  Although, you could always have pancakes later in the day, if you want.  :smile:

Edited by little cow

2 hours ago, little cow said:

Oh yuck.  Do you think he was trying to meet up with those girls through the internet?  Maybe that's why they ran away?  I think we ought to a have a computer device that zaps the nethers of any man who tries to flirt with underage girls (or boys) online.  Could you see that?  "Hey, baby, how are ya......Ow!  @#*&*!!"  Now, that is an app we need to protect kids.  

Scary stuff.  I hope thy catch the piece of excrement.

If I had to guess...Id guess the girls got online looking for a way/ride out of the school and met the guy that followed me home. The guy obviously had no idea what the girl looked like and Im willing to bet he was up to absolutely no good. Scary stuff. 

QB that is really scary.

PD that's a long day of games.  Hope your granddaughter has better luck next game.

LC have your new cows settled in & adjusting to the warmer weather?

LC,  When I was in my teens I worked summers on a dairy  farm for family that was Catholic, every Friday for lunch we had pancakes, as they couldn't eat meat on Fridays.  It became a change I rather enjoyed, plus they were very tasty.

QB, The situation you encountered was indeed a scary one, glad you kept your cool & reported the situation, don't blame you for taking precautions now.

RRW,  I went to another game tonight,  my grandaughter's team got licked again.  But she takes in stride, told my daughter I would buy them supper if they were hungry, so we went out for fast food, grandaughter's choice.  PD

RRW, yes, they are settling in.  Clover is doing well in her leading lessons.  Brendan is a bit old, but he tamed up a little.  He's out with the open cows right now.  I did have a lactating cow out with him, but he tried to steal milk from her.  No more of that.  She is in another pasture and he will have to be carefully managed.  I'll probably only keep him for two years because of this behavior.  He won't be able to be out with the cows all the time, like our last bull.  Once a bull, or cow, steals milk, they will always try and then your calves don't get enough.  

I was raised Catholic and ate enough fish on Fridays to give me gills! Back then it was every Friday. That's probably why I avoid fish like the plague except peel and eat shrimp, which is another story altogether.

Only in the US is that optional, actually, but you're supposed to do something, like an extra prayer (you might remember that every Friday is like a little Good Friday and every Sunday is like a little Easter Sunday).  I just avoid meat every Friday because it's easy to remember.  We eat fish or bean burritos.  We also love eating mussels.  Tasty little buggers in wine, garlic, and butter.  They are much cheaper than clams or oysters, if you live near the coast.  Poor man's oyster, I suppose.  

It was in the 70s on Saturday, so we bathed the pony and Morgan mare.  Can't believe how much came off my mare.  And it's curly!  My curly, winter redhead.  Not Cushings; it's just her.  She also lacks the thick Morgan mane and has a short, poofy, forelock.  

Edited by little cow

LC,   Boys will be boys, but I thought when they got courting age, they quit drinking milk.

I like the local fish fries we have in our area, but good fish with a baked potato & a good salad , will hit the spot with me,  never developed a taste for shrimp. PD

38 minutes ago, jubal said:

I was raised Catholic and ate enough fish on Fridays to give me gills! Back then it was every Friday. That's probably why I avoid fish like the plague except peel and eat shrimp, which is another story altogether.

And the schools served fish sticks with mac n cheese...and cheese comes from cows.

Eww, fish sticks. I remember those. I also remember a tuna noodle casserole that was yucky. But our school didn't have mac n' cheese. I wish I had bought a shrimp ring at the grocery.

Edited by jubal

Cheese is fine.  The idea is to avoid warm blooded creatures consumption.

RRW and PD, I am disappointed in this bull, but there is a spiked nose ring I can put on him.  It will make the cows kick him whenever he tries to nurse.  Mean, but it's better than making him beef.  

LC, I'm surprised the cow doesn't kick him now. I've never seen a bull try to nurse a cow but saw a nanny goat that nursed herself!!!

It was a beautiful day here. In the 50's and the sun finally came out. The dogs really enjoyed laying outside in the sun.

Had a good yoga class this morning. It always energizes me. Got a lot done around here. Had the house to myself so it got cleaned without interruption!

LC,  That spiked nose ring, might be just be what Brandon needs to learn a lesson.  Doesn't pay to make the girls mad.  PD

According to his breeder, he was weaned a bit late and was always a pig.  His mama cow was a small heifer, so, perhaps he learned to steal milk as a calf. 

What I saw was that he chased down my lactating cow until she gave in and let him nurse.  Punk.  This morning, he had wiggled into the creep feed area to get close to the separated lactating cow.  He didn't get to her, but that was too much.  I chased him out and closed it off.  

Here's the nose ring (with polka music to entertain, lol!):

Edited by little cow

Ok, opinions please. Its about my vet again. I took my dog Faith in yesterday for her teeth to be cleaned. She had to have 2 extractions. When I picked her up at 4pm she was still so groggy from the anaesthesia that she couldn't stand, so they made a sling out of a towel and carried her out to my car that way. Im hoping someone can give me some insight to anesthesia they use...I just feel like they over use it. I dropped my dog off at 8am, got a phone call at 1:30 saying she did fine, and at 4pm shes still so groggy that she cant stand. Shes still not 100% this morning. Thats not what really got me though. What really got me was that when I got Faith home and inside I immediately noticed one side of her face covered in dried blood and one side of her hindquarters covered in dried urine. So that tells me my dog layed in her own blood and urine basically all day. Couldnt they have cleaned her up so it wouldn't have been so evident? Am I just being nit picky or is it time to find a new vet?

LC,  That nose ring should do the job,  but that polka music made feel like dancing! & I don't know how to dance.

QB,  Don't nothing about anesthesia, but the fact that Faith was covered in dried blood & urine,there is no excuse for a dog being returned dirty, other than sloppy management.  Just express your disappointment, & see what their reaction is. They need to say they are sorry.  PD

My cat was pretty filthy after the vet boarded her for two days. She had diarrhea but I think she should have been cleaned up. Other times, they cleaned her up after she had diarrhea on the way there. I guess it depends on how much help they have. 

Anesthesia is hard on old animals. They should be more careful about dosage or type, as far as I' concerned.

Was this the first time she had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia?  Could be possible have a dosage like used to give but with her older her system can't take it?  

Have to agree with Jubal on her not being cleaned up.  Possibly poor management or lack of help.  Better yet lack of good help.  Next time you go in casually bring it up at an appointment or see if it happens again.

We have beautiful sunshine this morning.  Feels good sitting in the window.  Make me want for a morning nap.

45 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Was this the first time she had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia?  Could be possible have a dosage like used to give but with her older her system can't take it?  

Have to agree with Jubal on her not being cleaned up.  Possibly poor management or lack of help.  Better yet lack of good help.  Next time you go in casually bring it up at an appointment or see if it happens again.

We have beautiful sunshine this morning.  Feels good sitting in the window.  Make me want for a morning nap.

No, this is not the first time shes had difficulty.  She has to be "put under" to have her nails trimmed. Shes not aggressive at all, she was caught in a game trap as a puppy and has a scar on one paw from it..so shes funny about her feet. Again, not aggressive, no biting, but she thrashes. So the vets office opts to "put her under". She had a hard time recovering from that as well, and thats been years ago. I didn't take her back for a nail trimming because again I was worried that they used too much anesthesia. Ive just been managing her nails at home the best I can.

Queen, is there a tranquilizer you could give her to trim her nails? If you're worried about anesthetic, I'd find another vet if she has to be put under again, and explain that it takes too long for her to come out of it if she's given much. People react to drugs differently and probably animals do too.