Those pictures take me right back to my (very distant) childhood, Queen. My cousin and I tried every imaginable stunt on our horses and only took time out to do absolutely necessary stuff like school.

I'm sorry you have to have your birthday without your brother.

53 minutes ago, jubal said:

Those pictures take me right back to my (very distant) childhood, Queen. My cousin and I tried every imaginable stunt on our horses and only took time out to do absolutely necessary stuff like school.

I'm sorry you have to have your birthday without your brother.

I hear ya! These girls arent as adventurous though and Im actually making them stand up...builds their confidence. Emmy is more adventurous than Zarinna. Zarinna is the queen of "what ifs". Oh, and the rules are homework has to be done before they can ride. They get home around 4pm and I come down around 5 or 6. 

Queen, Those pictures are very neat, glad they have you to help them with their horsemanship. :yay: I hope you have a Very Happy Birthday.:yay:  Best Wishes. PD

I love what you are doing with these girls, you are giving them a foundation block for their lives.  I'm sorry you are missing your brother but I hope you will be able to find some happiness in your birthday.

Happy Birthday QB:huggy:

Been busy with work.  Been putting in about 10-12hr days for over a week.  My feet are far from being happy.

Short man let with MIL to visit family that live where it is prime eclipse viewing.  Last night he cried because he didn't want to go without mom.  Then he started cusing about how work ruins everything.  Talk about break a mother's heart.

Perhaps you should explain to him that WORK puts food in his mouth, clothes on his body, and a roof over his head?

Danyel- I am sorry you had such upsetting news. That is pretty crazy. You're in my thoughts. :angel3:

RRW- Awwww poor short man! You guys do work so hard all the time; I understand his frustration for missing out on something fun with you guys. He's so young that sometimes it's hard to understand the struggles of being a private business. There is no such thing as 9-5...I do not envy you, but I do admire you guys. I am always proud to tell people your my friend and to visit and ride your train. :huggy:

Queen- Great pics! 

Spanish, thanks. No arrests made. Hope it's solved soon. My sister lives across the highway.

Queen, happy birthday!!

RR, I have been in your shoes before. I owned a restaurant when my boys were young. I finally put my foot down and started taking 1 day off a week. It's probably harder for you to get free. I had a manager that really helped me out.

The humidity is off the charts today. I woke up sweaty and it's worse tonight.

Need to clean the kitchen and take a shower!

Noponies my boy has been going to work from the first week he was home from the hospital.  He knows the meaning of work & the rewards it offers.  We do our very best at tacking time in the day for something.  

Danyel we are having the problem of no staff.  It isn't just our area but everywhere.  Until I had to take over the motel & just at the railroad Id go home at 4pm as much as possible.  Sadly doesn't happen much. 

Spanish now you can add motel to my duty list.  Will have to say for as hard of work it is to clean all the rooms it is kinda nice not really dealing ng with the staff.  Working independently.

Had a great evening ride on my boy Rio yesterday.  Supposed to have severe weather tomorrow.  

Danyel that is some crazy stuff !!  

Hope everyone is doing well 

RioKensington.jpg

Lovely guy, Fawn.

Heavy thunderstorms last night. My grass is getting out of control. Hopefully the weekend will be dry and I can get it mowed.

Went to yoga early. On the way home, I stopped and looked at a small house. It needs a lot of work but at the right price would make a good investment. I liked the neighborhood, right across the street from the park. 

Everyone have a great evening. Need to continue cleaning cabinets out!

My lawnmower is in the shop. I not only filled it with diesel, I filled both my regular gas cans with diesel! Now I have to go buy new gas cans. I didn't think dementia would set in this early!  :duh:

Both your steeds are lookers, Fawnsmom.

Edited by jubal

So..as it turns out, Margaritas mom is broke to ride..bareback by a 3 year old on a lead line, but HEY, Ill take it!  I put Emmy on Faye (Margaritas mom) first to see how she would react and she was totally fine with it, so I put her little sister Lilly on and we had the best time! The older girls got to ride while I led Lilly on Faye and Margarita followed right along. It worked out perfectly. Lilly learned a lot of balance and body control today and she loved it and did awesome! Faye is such a layed back little mare, explains why Margarita is so darn awesome.

I had to buy Lilly some shoes before she rode today. She kept being sent to the barn in flip flops. Thank goodness for the thrift store next door where I got 4 pairs of shoes for her for $2. In the end 2 pair fit and 2 pair didnt but at least she wont be in flip flops! I dont require boots in the summer because they ride bareback in the summer, so tennis shoes are ok with me. She loves her sequined sparkly shoes I got her lol!

20170817_184052.jpg

20170817_184400.jpg

20170817_181328.jpg

QB,   Like your pictures, the girls & the pony are awesome,  new shoes just brightens everything up.  Keeps pictures coming, as those girls will grow up fast, before your eyes. My daughters did, & now my youngest grandaughter is 11, & I'm old!! 

PS jubal,  No matter what age, we all do things, we can't believe we did at times.  All we can can do is laugh at ourselves for a moment, & move forward.  I don't know if I'm older or younger than you, but I've had my moments, just can't recall them now!!!  PD

6 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

but I've had my moments, just can't recall them now!!!  PD

LOL, PD. And I think I have a couple years on you.

I'm headed into town for my "day off." Happy TGIF day to all you working people with real jobs.

Too cute! I miss our ponies. Mom wants a yard mini. I found a local breeder that has 2 "Show Reject" geldings. Apparently show minis are supposed to be somewhat animated in the ring, or at least attentive, and I guess these two couldn't possibly be more bored, and resemble Eeyore while showing. So she wants to sell them to pet homes. Who the HECK would pay $2K for a pet mini GELDING? That doesn't like the show ring? IDK, lol, she's a "Different" kinda different than me, she probably doesn't understand why I have a senile coon hound in my yard, so I guess it works out...

2 hours ago, jubal said:

LOL, PD. And I think I have a couple years on you.

I'm headed into town for my "day off." Happy TGIF day to all you working people with real jobs.

jubal, If you are only have a couple years on me, then you are young yet!!  Have fun on your day off.     We taking our grandaughter to airport today, & sending her back to her mom in Texas, but she has been a true delight to have here.  PD

Finally mowed today. It was so high in parts, it could be raked and baled!

No cooking today. Going to town for a pizza. We haven't had one in awhile so sounds pretty good. I'm starving tonight.

They arrested the son of my former classmates. He shot them in their sleep. It is a sad situation. The only daughter is left to deal with this. Seemed like such a nice family but you just never know.

Everyone have a great weekend! Are you getting ready for the eclipse? I'm staying inside and watching it on TV. I've had too many eye surgeries to take a chance!

Monday is the first day of school for Tristan, he's VERY concerned that they won't let them view the eclipse. We've gone over the poke a hole in a piece of paper and see it on a second piece of paper viewing method.  Hopefully they will get to see it.  I am not understanding the big freak out everyone is having. I think the last total eclipse I saw was in 1994 in CA, nobody died, nothing spontaneously combusted, no apocalypse. People are just looking for a reason to freak out anymore. 

Tonight, he has a pep rally for the high school tonight, first marching band public performance. I'll try to get some pics for y'all. 

PD sad to see Her go home but there is next summer.  Number of years growing up I'd go to Canada & spend 2-3 weeks with my grands.  Those were moments I'll never forget as I am sure your granddaughter will be the same.

Red you'll find a mini that will need a new home.  Can't believe the school wouldn't let the students view the eclipse.

Liability for schools to be responsible for groups of students horsing around.  I can see why some schools prefer take a pass on it.

And how many schools would be sued because someone's little darling wouldn't listen and burned his eyes staring at the sun?

RRW, Got grandaughter on the plane back to Texas,  she is now back with her mom, where she should be. But I'm glad she came & we enjoyed having her. 

Our ;local won't have a problem with children & the eclipse, as it doesn't start until after Labor Day. So kids & parents will have to wing it on their own.  PD