Did you ever think about an English  saddle? The Wintec comes with adjustable widths. And a dressage saddle has a deep seat so you feel secure. I don't know whether you could find a used one though. I never looked.

1 hour ago, jubal said:

Did you ever think about an English  saddle? The Wintec comes with adjustable widths. And a dressage saddle has a deep seat so you feel secure. I don't know whether you could find a used one though. I never looked.

I have 2 english saddles for him. English just isn't our "thing" anymore. Hes a little fresh at times, just silly nilly and playful. I'll use those until I find a western.

Just a quick post. 

I am elated to let you all know, with happy tears falling down my face, that the girl I posted about that was missing/runaway, is safe and on her way home as I type this. Good night friends.

4 hours ago, little cow said:

Oh wow!  Great news.  Anyone know where she was?

The cops found her counties away. 

Was it an online person luring her away?

That freaks me out.  We have had a couple of local kids who either met up with someone bad, or realized they made a mistake and got help.  It is terrifying.

Edited by little cow

Good sign today.  Went home to check on the ponies & cats.  I got covered with some pony hair, spring is just around the corner.  At least that is what I tell myself.

I bought another shedding blade at Tractor Supply yesterday.  BIL has been riding with me and with everybody shedding, I felt a need for TWO of these grooming items - because we're sure gonna need it for the next month!

18 hours ago, little cow said:

Was it an online person luring her away?

That freaks me out.  We have had a couple of local kids who either met up with someone bad, or realized they made a mistake and got help.  It is terrifying.

I think it was an older ex boyfriend. 

Queen, I hope there isn't any trauma from her experience.  

We've had three looks at our farm so far.  One couple raises goats, another bucking bulls.  I don't know about the third.  

I finished painting.  I had spot painted the rough areas in one large room, but it didn't quite match.  So, I took a chance and painted the rest of the large 'bonus room'.  I had forgotten to tell our realtor that there is plumbing ready to go in that room for either a deep sink or a wet bar.  I suppose that puts it into the "man cave" realm of possibilities.  

They did a cool 3D thing with the room pictures and used a drone.  Maybe some rich New Yorker will buy it to escape from the snow with their horses.  The best riding weather is really late fall through early spring.  I know someone who does just that.  

Edited by little cow

LC, good luck with selling.  Seems people are qualifying for home loans as know a couple people who were able to move their property rather quickly.  They were all really nice places.

RRW, drove your way this past weekend on my way to/from Madison.  Figured you wouldn't be in so I just cruised past.  Some day I'll have to stop in and say hey.  

Thanks, RRW!  

Little cold spell here this week.  Don't plant before St. Patrick's day, as a general rule around here.  We usually get a frost.  Sometimes, one sneaks up past St. P's, but it's still safe because the seedlings take a bit before popping their heads up.   

Since we are moving, no seeds for us this year.  No anticipation of baby seed heads or the excitement of a new garden.  We are still waiting on our well on the new farm.  It's a little sad because we look forward to the garden and the food it gives us.  The well is taking a long time because, like everything, there is a demand that far exceeds the available construction types.  Florida is still rebuilding from Hurricane Irma.  Our town lost 10% of the houses.  Most in our area are rebuilding themselves or working it out with neighbors to get it done.  Waiting for FEMA takes too long.  Plus, FEMA is trying every trick to not pay because there isn't enough money.  There are more church groups, weekend home improvement types, and neighbors helping each other than you would think possible.  It's tough on a lot of people because the income is low in our area, but they're getting it done, somehow.  So, we wait our turn and don't complain.  Florida is faring far better than our neighbors in Puerto Rico.  Those poor folks can't get a break!  They just had an ocean surge that flooded a bunch of rebuilt areas. But nobody hears about it anymore.  Puerto Rico and Native reservations are treated the same.  Completely ignored as much as possible.  They suffer alone.

Meanwhile, we told the builder we would do the landscaping ourselves.  We don't need to pay someone to plant stuff we don't want.  We're too rural and the yard is to big to do turf (way too expensive).  We have a modest budget, but we can get it done.  As soon as we have water. 

Edited by little cow

LC,  I wish you well as you work on new home & being able to sell your present one,  everything happens in God's time & sometimes not ours.  Best of Luck going forward.  PD

Good Morning All,   The Spring weather must be keeping you all busy, so enjoy, & come back when you have time.   PD

I was off the last two days and it was windy and far too cold for my liking.  Windy today, too.  My wind chimes are singing. 

Horses are shedding like MAD.  I don't dare wear chap stick to the barn right now.  A friend gave me metal balusters and we will make barred stall tops with them to open up the barn area for more air flow. 

Working this afternoon, off tomorrow and I may go look at cars.  We need to buy something by summer and I want to take my time looking and trying brands/models out before I decide what I'd like.  I made a checklist for about 20 vehicles to try so I can keep notes about what I liked and didn't like.

I work this weekend but feel we need to do some yard work.  I have 6 muscadine vines I want pulled out while they're dormant.  A friend wants to try and re-plant them on his deer property and I feel we need to get it done ASAP before they start waking up.

Heidi,  You sound busy,  but glad you had time to stop in & give a update.  Good luck car shopping, but it sounds like you have alrready did alot of home work, so that should make the process of elimination go that much smoother.  Best Wishes. PD

Wolf at the rate our night temps have been it will be a good 7-8 weeks before the snow is gone.  

Heidi hope you find the car you want.  We always buy used because we are so hard on vehicle with work.

Been MIA the past couple days as had the flu bug.  But feeling much better now so it is time to hit the ground running again as usual.  Starting to get a bee under my bonnet & that usually means projects will be getting done.  Nothing like a pee'd off bee to get poop done. 

RRW,  Good to hear that you are feeling better, the flu, can really take the energy out of a person, I see our high for the weekend is 40 plus degrees, that will melt some snow.   Best Wishes.  PD

I've spent the whole winter trying to avoid the flu. I didn't get it, but I have a pretty severe case of cabin fever. My poor horse is still lame and hasn't been out since the first part of January. He keeps me semi-busy changing leg wraps, boots and blankets and hoof soaks. The weather just won't get warm and stay there. Yesterday it was 57 and last night 32. And the grass just keeps growing while my mower has been in the shop to be serviced for two weeks!

I will probably buy used (can't justify brand-new-cost) but I want to look at different makes/models and see what I'd really like to have before we actually look with intent to purchase.

I am madder than a wet cat!  A friend came over last night to borrow the small utility trailer.  This meant a large item in the trailer had to come out.  Where husband and his friend put it negatively impacts me because it blocks my path for turning the truck and horse trailer around.  I'm not sure I can accomplish the feat in the area left to me.  In addition, I have about 400' of hose from the pump house down to the barn area.  I have it strung along the tree-line so it runs downhill to drain and not freeze and keep it out of the way for mowing.  When I need to wash and fill the tank I drag the hose across my turn-around area and then drag it back.  Now I will have to lift the hose over that large thing to use the hose and put it back.  
I hope and pray I can talk with him about this without needing bail money.  

So, Im in need of advice yet again. Kind of a long story so bear with me. Basically my cowgirl lied to me the other day and Im not sure what to do about it. My landlord asked me the other day if my dogs go into the feed room, and if they do are they ok? He tells me that 2 blocks of mouse poison were missing. My dogs dont go into the feed room so it wasnt an issue. He then says that he knows the kids go in there unsupervised, so hes going to put a lock on the door and give me a key. In the meantime we should make sure the kids didn't remove the mouse poison thinking they were toys...or (god forbid) horse treats. I immediately ran over to the farm in the pouring snow to make sure the horses were ok because now all I can think about is the kids giving the poison blocks to the horses. The horses were fine. School had been cancelled that day so I figured while I was there Id ask the girls if they had been in the feed room. Their mom was home and answered the door after some time, hair a mess. It was obvious she had been sleeping, and the girls werent there. Their mom states she doesnt know where they are but theyre around somewhere. I explain the situation to her and ask her to please ask the girls about being in the feed room. She said she would and she would text me. While leaving the farm I see the girls walking and stopped and asked them myself. Their answer was no they had not been in the feed room and no they hadn't given the horses any treats. I went home relieved. Never got a text from their mom. At work the next day, their mom informs me that she asked them about being in the feed room. Before she could finish, I interrupted her and told her that I had seen them walking as I was leaving and had asked them and they said no. Well, she then informs me that they LIED to me and that one sister fessed up and that they HAD been in the feed room but hadnt fed anything to the horses. The fact that she never texted me like she said she would aggrivates me. Its disrespectful. The fact that she doesn't watch her kids infuriates me. It didnt sound like there was any consequence to lying to me either, and Im not surprised. What should the consequence be with me for the girl? No riding for a week? A month? Ever? Im not ok with this lying stuff.

Depends, Have you called her on it, and did she apologize?  Do whatever you think you need to, to make her understand respect is required

You seem to have had problems with one, or, both girls going back quite a while.

What you're providing them with, the opportunity to ride horses, I'd think they'd be more grateful and, wouldn't be giving you any trouble, at all.

Me? I'd sever all ties, if they have to constantly lie to you, they don't deserve your kindness.

If they get away with lying to their mom, that's her problem, you don't have to put up with it.

So, what do you suppose happened to the mouse poison?  I could speculate, but I won't....it's for sure I don't think those girls should be trusted.