She is such a cute pup.  Even though don't need another dog, I'm keeping my ear to the ground for lab/chow mix.  Some day I'll get another just a matter of when.

This crazy pup doesnt even know she had surgery 2 days ago. I havent had to put the cone collar on her because she hasnt once even made an attempt to mess with her belly. I even left her alone in her crate for a while today while I ran errands. Shes been great! Doesnt even seem to be in any pain whatsoever but Im giving her the previcox anyway...and she takes it like its a treat! Shes such a good girl. Ive been taking her to the farm and shes been doing some running, but nothing crazy....and shes been staying out of the pond almost as if she knows she isn't supposed to get her belly wet yet. This pup, shes somethin'. 

She is a smart cookie.    Just wait those smarts will get her into trouble.  My smarty pants is a Mr Who Done It.

"Who me???" (guess which one)

IMG_20180407_221240.jpg

With our previous dog you could always tell when he had something to say.  When he got like that I'd go "say it, I can see it on your lips"  then he would do a growl/bark.  Then he would chat & be done.

In the mornings you can get George going with a conversation.  I just get him going because it is a fun way to start the day.

14 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

She is a smart cookie.    Just wait those smarts will get her into trouble.  My smarty pants is a Mr Who Done It.

IMG_20180407_221240.jpg

On my tablet, there is just a black shape with eyes under the table. But just the "shape" of the black shape shows guilt!

Jubal, Odie was Mr. Pouty Pants because George was in his chair.  So to show George, Odie did good at laying on George's bed under the table.  After that pic Odie did managed to get himself further under.

We have absolutely no lack of entertainment in our house.

They both look guilty! Lol

So I had to call the vet today. No worries, Bennie is a-ok! Thats kind of the problem lol. Shes being such a good girl that I had to call and ask how soon shes allowed to get in the pond at the farm lol. Spring has officially sprung here and Id like to go do some fishing and she likes to play a little in the pond while I fish. Looks like Ill have to wait another couple weeks. Sure I could leave her at home and go fish but that wouldnt be fair to her at all. 

1 hour ago, QueenBAW said:

Anyone use Equispot for fly control? If so do you recommend it?

I've used something like it, not sure if it was Equispot.  I didn't see where it worked all that great.  I went back to the sprays.  I don't like putting pesticides on my horses, so, I use the natural ones, made from flowers and stuff.

My mare can't tolerate the ones with pesticides, anyway, her skin peels and flakes off.

You've just reminded me, I need new fly masks.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:12 PM, RailroadWoman said:

IMG_20180407_221240.jpg

Your dogs act like human children. So funny!

Equi, ours dog have always been so fun.  I believe it is because we interact with them so much & actually talk to them.  Rarely do I stop them from doing & just let them be dogs.  

I've been kinda getting puppy fever.  I don't need another dog right now as there is just to much going on with work.  Then there is the issue we are not back home yet.  Keep saying after this we will only have one dog, but I really like having the two.  

18 hours ago, equicrzy said:

I've used something like it, not sure if it was Equispot.  I didn't see where it worked all that great.  I went back to the sprays.  I don't like putting pesticides on my horses, so, I use the natural ones, made from flowers and stuff.

My mare can't tolerate the ones with pesticides, anyway, her skin peels and flakes off.

You've just reminded me, I need new fly masks.

I just ordered a bunch of fly masks from horse.com. I got a couple from that same website a couple weeks ago.  They're the comfort fit lycra pull on things and Sonic loves his. Mr. Butters seems to like his too, or maybe theyre just hard to get off lol. 

2 hours ago, QueenBAW said:

I just ordered a bunch of fly masks from horse.com. I got a couple from that same website a couple weeks ago.  They're the comfort fit lycra pull on things and Sonic loves his. Mr. Butters seems to like his too, or maybe theyre just hard to get off lol. 

I've wanted to try those Lycra ones, the others seem to come off too easily, I have to go out walking the pastures, looking for them....then, they're usually ripped, as well.

The ones with ears?  Forget about it! By the end of the day, the ears are ripped and, hanging loose.

1 hour ago, equicrzy said:

I've wanted to try those Lycra ones, the others seem to come off too easily, I have to go out walking the pastures, looking for them....then, they're usually ripped, as well.

The ones with ears?  Forget about it! By the end of the day, the ears are ripped and, hanging loose.

Oooo no, my guys/gal love having their ears covered from the bugs.

1 hour ago, QueenBAW said:

Oooo no, my guys/gal love having their ears covered from the bugs.

I would think mine would too, but, the ears always end up hanging down, useless.

Random thought....any of you remember waaay back when you could enter to win a free horse on this website? There was one given away every month..cant remember how long that went on for but I wonder where those horses are now?

35 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

I remember that & didn't they do it for a year or two?  Always thought it was funny with the HC contests hardly any active members won.

I think you're right on the year or two. Thats a lot of free horses...wonder where they are now. I found it funny too that it was never an active member that won.

If fog brain is correct a few active members won the smaller contests.  But at the time everyone was wondering who those winners were as they were never active. 

I never entered because I didn't need a young green horse.

Had a busy day yesterday. Started at 9am with the girls Zarinna and Cassie helping me switch out blankets for fly masks on the horses. Then we were off to a local horse show primarily to watch the minis in hand trail class. There was some used tack and clothing at the show and it was "pay as you will" so we made a trip to the atm. Zarinna got a pair of rubber tall boots and I got a western breastcollar, a nice simple leather headstall and a halter for the minis. Zarinna paid for her boots with the money her mom sent with her. On the way back from the atm there was a car show going on at a local restaurant so we did a quick peek through there...there were some really nice old cars there and they had a really good  turn out. The weather was beautiful. The horse show had a good turn out too. We finally got to watch the in hand trail class and Zarinna was able to ask the judge some really good questions after all of the competitors were finished. The judge even let us walk the course. We stayed a little while longer and then went home to practice with the minis. Bennie came along to run off some energy. Zarinna long lined mini June around the pond and when the two of them became frustrated (June and Zarinna are BOTH learning and June was ready to return to her friends in the field) we switched to practicing trail obstacles. The only one Zarinna figured she would have trouble with would be the gate, so we practiced that til she was more confident and satisfied she could do it. Then we were off to a quick pizza and salad dinner at a restaurant on the way to our last destination for the day, a local high school play. Both girls LOVED the play and Zarinna thanked me TWICE for all of the activities of the day. We made it home by 930 or so and then fed the horses and called it a night. Cassie and I ended up with sunburnt faces. I fell asleep on the couch as soon as I layed down.

While we were out yesterday, the founder of the western group Im a part of was taken to the hospital with 3rd degree burns. Apparently he tossed some ashes outside from the woodstove (its been cold these past couple nights) that were still hot. As soon as the ashes hit the pine needles in the yard, the yard went up in flames..add to that a nice breeze. Bob was trying to stomp out the flames. Thank goodness someone was there with him, and thank goodness he didnt fall down while trying to stomp out the flames. Nevertheless, this isnt good and Im afraid that this may really be the beginning of the end for the 'ol guy. Prayers and good thoughts please.

QB you sure had a nice day with the girls.  Sorry to hear about your friend, hope he will be ok.

My dad who is in his late 70s had a fire incident with a riding lawnmower in the wood last fall.  Luckily he wasn't burned but was brused.

I hope Bob will be okay, Queen.

You account of your very busy day exhausted me. I thought I did well to mow the pastures and grease the tractor loader and mower.