My son was in heaven.  The boy loves winter & what better then playing in the snow in short sleeves & rubber boots.  Then out came the shovel for the mud.

I'd love to be out washing window but have to much to do inside today.  Heck was planning on working in the depot office today but I'd only be up there for little over an hour.  Just as well stay here & work on the mountain of projects.

Gray, I spent a half hour to cleaned mud & winter hair off al 3 horses yesterday,  the dust from mud & hair was enough to cause me to sneeze.  I did get out for a short ride on my oldest gelding,  getting back in the saddle was a stretch for me, but ride went well.  PD

PD, you may as well get something out of all that work!  And anyone else notice how the cleaner your horse is, the filthier you get?

Oh, good to hear you are riding again, PD.  I haven't been riding in months.  Too busy selling one farm and building another. 

We are on the cow corral and horse paddocks.  I had 60 posts to set and I did about 40 already.  Unlike our old farm, this is clay; not sand.  The kind of clay that sticks to you post hole digger (no, we don't have an auger).  Have to take a break for a few days, but I'll be back at it tomorrow.  Hubby and I put up the boards this past weekend.  We should have the outer fence complete by Sunday and the inner chute done by the following weekend.  We could have it done this weekend, but we have an open house at the old farm Saturday and a First Communion for a friend's child Sunday afternoon   Probably need to take it easy.  We hit it hard this past weekend.  

The horse paddocks will be next, followed by the chicken coop.  Stall mats are what I get to do during the week.  Oh goody.  :crazy:

We picked out lights for the new house.  Everything ended up being relatively simple lines and silver or nickel colored.  Nothing modern or too strange.  We are simple people.  

Edited by little cow

Oh, I have to show you guys the decorative tile I picked out.  It's Talaveras tile from Mexico.  It's for around the fireplace and the backsplash in the kitchen.  There are many different patterns, but they are all cheerfully painted.  You can get 100 for $42,.  

mD9zkOh.jpg

Edited by little cow

Cheerful tile, LC. Love them!

Heading to the nursery for flowers. The hummingbirds are back so cold weather should be over!!!

Oh nice tile.  It will look lovely when you get it up.  I'd highly recommend going & renting an auger to get the job done.  What you spend on cost will be saved on time.

Danyel, have fun picking out flowers.

You need two people for the auger and it's just little ol' me on the weekdays with the posts.  Hubby can only help on the weekend and he only has time to do boards.  The locals also warned me that sometimes the clay makes those holding an auger spin, lol!   I call our clay "poultice clay" because it's like what you buy to pack a horse's sore leg.  There is soil above it, so grass and plants do grow quite well.  You have to prepare the ground for planting trees, though.  

Edited by little cow

LC,   Anything you can do to make setting posts easier, you got to give consideration to,  especially if you are dealing with clay, as that stuff can be hard to get a post in at times.   I do like your tile, we'll need a picture after you get them all set on wall. I wish you well with all your projects, & then the move,  haven't moved in 41 years, next time I move they will be spreading my ashes.  PD

I appreciate the advice.  We are tight on money, though.  Our old farm has not sold.  Our tractor is too small for an auger and it cost a couple hundred to rent anything.  :(

LC,   One has to do, what one has to do,  I certainly understand about working on a tight budget,  age has allowed me  do things the easier way, now than when I was younger. I'm sure each post that you get in you will have a memory of.  Best Wishes.  PD

LC, when I have to dig something, I pour a bucket of water or more on the spot a while before. If you have clay, it really helps.

My lord, there is an epidemic of dandelions this year! I'm hoping for rain to at least wet down the seeds before I have to mow.

Edited by jubal

Jubal, weed & feed your yard.  With a decent brand it usually take 2-3 years before they start infesting again.

I don't weed & feed my round pen, that way the ponies can get a really nice yellow salad.  However, don't want them in my yard that I strive to have look like a beautiful park.  Its not looking very parkish but a park that had a tornado go through.

NP, where should I send them?

RRW, I did that once. I had two bags left that I thought I would use the following spring. It turned to concrete over the winter. It's still in the garage and I can't lift it and don't know what to do with it if I could.

I just had a brainstorm. Someone need to invent a vacuum that you can use to collect the dandelion fluff so it doesn't get spread around.

Jubal,  I have done that with the fertilizer also.  Luckily I have a field so I can break it up then spread it.  Doesn't matter if it happens to burn in some spots.

I'll usually just buy a few bags then just use it up.  With huge yard & 1/4 mile driveway its not hard to use up the extra.  If I weed & feed this year just might mix some barn lime with it & give the grass a really good boost.  Wish there were a way to easily spread/blow lime.  

We are also infested with burdock.  That is nasty nasty to get rid of.

Sorry Ive been gone so long. The weather has been so nice lately and Ive been able to ride Sonic. My cowgirl has been riding with me and doing a fine job at it too. Shes also been working with the minis on trail obstacles in hopes of taking them to a local show in June. Ive just got to convince her granddaddy (my landlord) to take us! Only issue I have right now is that my pup Bennie is too much for Sonic. Sonic isn't a huge fan of dogs to begin with, so when Bennie is running all over the place (following us on our ride) Sonic kicks out at her when she gets too close. I'm hoping Sonic will get over it.

Ive taken on a new role at work. I am so happy about it, yesterday was my first day. In addition to working on the floor full time, I will be drawing blood for the lab on an as needed basis, which will be overtime pay for me. Its only 8 hour shifts for the lab, 5am to 1:30pm, so I still have time to run home and ride Sonic.

I don't have any huge update on Bob. I know that he had surgery on his leg yesterday in an effort to save it. I have offered my help to one of his granddaughters but Ive mainly stayed away. I got a message a couple days after his accident from a "granddaughter"  who lives a few hours away. She wanted my input on raising funds to "fix the farm" for Bob. I politely told her that the farm has been a dump for many years and the horses have needed to go for a few years now. (This is the same farm I pulled 14 horses from a couple years ago.) Fixing the farm isn't going to help him or his situation. If there were no horses there, there wouldn't be fences to fix etc. And if we won the lottery and did fix the farm up...who would maintain it? Theres a lot she doesn't seem to realize or understand, and she wasn't happy with my input. She politely told me to go screw myself and said she'd raise the funds herself. Mmmmk. So I just stay away.

QB, we get that all the time with people asking for your input then get a witchy when you tell them something they don't want to hear.  We have people all the time ask about buying railcars & how wonderful it would be to have one to rebuild.  They really don't like it when you start giving the info on what it takes.  Especially when they are told about what it takes just to move one.  Then they have to gall to tell you you don't know what you are talking about.  We just smile, nod our head & wish them luck.

2 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

QB, we get that all the time with people asking for your input then get a witchy when you tell them something they don't want to hear.  We have people all the time ask about buying railcars & how wonderful it would be to have one to rebuild.  They really don't like it when you start giving the info on what it takes.  Especially when they are told about what it takes just to move one.  Then they have to gall to tell you you don't know what you are talking about.  We just smile, nod our head & wish them luck.

Its aggravating. But, all I can do is wish her luck and shake my head. Eventually she'll realize that Im right as this has been a trend with her. Til then, I just keep my distance.

So long as she doesn't ask for you to come over & bring a hammer.

Having a hard time finding the motivation to work.  I am working just really really slow at the tasks needing to be done.  The weather is really nice however really windy.  Today would be a good day for brushing the ponies as most of the hair would fly away & not stick on the clothing so much.

The weather here is prefect. In the high 70's and no wind.

I mowed yesterday and planted flowers. Today I tilled and planted garden. I'm not finished but my back is done for the day.

QB, sounds like she is using her grandaddy to raise money.  I doubt much of it will actually be used for the farm.  

Good Morning,   Having problem getting started at things that should be done, our back deck, needs cleaning, & is full of flower pots, that I don't know what to do with.   This is was Mozelle's thing, I used to help her, but she lead & I didn't pay attention when I should have. In time I'll get started & find a place for everything.  But I've been avoiding it.   Have a good day all.  PD

+