Why is a saloon girl at a train robbery? LOL. Or does the saloon girl flag down the train?

QB  I love your costume.  What is your character name?

We used to do robberies.  I had played a saloon gal named Rosie.  Sure did managed to get a lot of teen boys turn beet red.  Their moms would come find me on the train & ask to give them attention for a good laugh.

Then there was the year I play Imma Minner.  Being that character I made some babies & kids cry.  It is a lot of fun as you know but dang its work & you are pooped out at the end of the day.

Jubal, they butter up the passengers to see how much money they might have.

I love the costume!  And I'm sorry you aren't getting much interest in helping the granddaughter get to her first show.  Sounds like her family doesn't know how to BE a family.

Believe it or not, I got the top and skirt from the online shopping site called "Wish". It was pretty inexpensive and both fit perfectly, almost too perfectly lol. Im much happier with this costume and feel like it looks more authentic than what I had.  The boots came from Amazon and they're just ok, but they work.

We do butter up the passengers to help the cowboys "rob" them. But mainly we flirt with the old men, pose for pictures, and harass the cowboys along the way.  And yes, some of the women DO ask us to flirt with thier husbands, sons, etc. Whats a bunch of 'ol cowboys without a saloon girl or two? The group is crazily unorganized, so we just name ourselves as we go...you know..Miss Kitty, Rose, whatever pops into our head. Last year I dressed as a cowboy for the morning ride. It was hot under all the clothes so I ran home before the next departure and changed into my saloon girl outfit. Couldnt find my stockings. Got back to the train just in time to accuse the cowboy below (very loudly might I add) in the pic of stealing them from me the night before. Caught him completely off guard and we rolled with it throughout the train ride..made it into kind of a off the cuff ad lib skit. It was great, and people loved it. We laughed our butts off afterwards and its been a running joke/skit ever since. It is fun, and exhausting at the same time. 

FB_IMG_1527378982675.jpg

QB would have posted a PUC of my costume but didn't have one on photobucket.  For my skirt I found a red prom dress then cut the bodice off so could make a skirt.  Then ribbon tied it up at the legs so it was short in front longer in back.  Some day I'll have to find a pic.

Danyel, we've got a hot pathetic George.  We have a full house at work tonight & Odie was Mr Social to the point of visiting guests in their rooms & me going outside calling for him.  He thought having a chance to meet a golden retriever was lots of fun.  Customer let her golden meet Odie & they were having fun running in the hall.

IMG_20180526_235242.jpg

QB,   Neat pictures from the train robbery, you have to enjoy your character in order for pictures to look so authentic.  Thanks for sharing,  Do hope you start getting more cooperation from parents & grandparents, for horse show,  little girls are only young once & need support from family, evenif it isn't the families idea of entertainment. 

Some cool like looking dog pictures on here, I feel for those that have to wear a fir coat, on the hot & humid days.  PD

6 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

QB,   Neat pictures from the train robbery, you have to enjoy your character in order for pictures to look so authentic.  Thanks for sharing,  Do hope you start getting more cooperation from parents & grandparents, for horse show,  little girls are only young once & need support from family, evenif it isn't the families idea of entertainment. 

Some cool like looking dog pictures on here, I feel for those that have to wear a fir coat, on the hot & humid days.  PD

Thanks PD! Your comment "little girls are only young once" brought tears to my eyes. Thats so true, so true.

40 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

Thanks PD! Your comment "little girls are only young once" brought tears to my eyes. Thats so true, so true.

My little girls are 39 & 42, but have 3 grandaughter's from 12 to 15,  youth is a precious thing in any child's life, I try to be there for them as much as possible.  I'm glad you are a good role model to these young girls, & see the positive side of life.  Best Wishes.  PD

Well, I've had enough excitement for one day!! I turned on the DVD player and it burst into flames:o

I was trying to watch season 8 of Shameless! :crazy:  The player is thrown outside. Scared me when the flames shot up!

It is way to easy to take the flaming DVD player in a very "different" direction.  But we on the front porch are all tea drinkers & clean minded.:angel3:

10 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

It is way to easy to take the flaming DVD player in a very "different" direction.  But we on the front porch are all tea drinkers & clean minded.:angel3:

I had iced tea with dinner!!!!!! My mind (well, we won't go there)! 

Whoa, what excitement!  That'd be a little too much for me to handle.  I'm glad you got the player out of the house.  

I liked the story about the stockings, it made me grin!  I can see how playing a character all day could tire one out.  Kudos to you and your group for making such fun for the passengers!

On 5/27/2018 at 11:35 PM, Heidi n Q said:

Whoa, what excitement!  That'd be a little too much for me to handle.  I'm glad you got the player out of the house.  

I liked the story about the stockings, it made me grin!  I can see how playing a character all day could tire one out.  Kudos to you and your group for making such fun for the passengers!

Lol. We even went as far as to put a pair of stockings in his shirt. The train stops about 20 minutes into the ride and the gang gets out and has a gun fight, complete with a couple good guys on horseback waiting in the woods. When my fella is shot dead I pull my stockings out of his shirt and wave them around for the passengers to see. They all think it's pretty funny.

There is so much you  roll play on the robberies.  Mock weddings with a ugly clip tie, ugly silk boquet of flowers & a brids vail make for good humor.

Well we are finally getting the badly needed rain we have been dancing for.  Now the questions is how long will the grass stay green before it dries up once again.

On a funny note.  Hubby had to service the air condition unit on the roof.  Apparently George & Odie thought they had to help.  Because the Hubby left the doors open the followed him(course the wait for a bit to make it a surprise) & they were running around on the roof.  All I can do it shake my head over them being such goof balls.

I hate it when the hubby goes on the roof.  It's relatively flat, but it still worries me.  Did the dogs make you nervous running around up there?

Jacob is getting his second shots later this week.  He is big, strong, and full of mischief.  He terrorizes the big kitties.  He is also very attached to us.  He wants to be in the same room as us and expects to be greeted when we get home.  He has run of the house now, but he still hasn't fully lost his fascination with power cords.  I ordered some citrus stuff to wipe on them.  Yesterday, we noticed he was on the dining room table before we left for errands.  We put him back on the ground several times to discourage him.  He must have mastered getting up there while we were gone because we came back to scattered place mats, lol!  He was so proud of his new found skill that when we sat down for lunch that he jumped up several times to show us.  He was corrected with a squirt bottle and given treats on the floor when he figured it out (water isn't very intimidating to him).  All that practice for nothing....

On a sad note, Bagheera, the barn kitty with osteosarcoma, is starting to lose weight.  She seems well otherwise.  I try to not look at her differently than before I knew she doesn't have much time left, but it's hard.  An old vet told me the worst thing for a pet with cancer is to tell the owners.  We are naturally sad when we see them after we know.  They pick up on that and are sad, too.  But they don't know why.  I guess in a way that isn't bad.  We find ourselves scrutinizing them to make sure they aren't suffering.  Maybe we help them pass before the pain gets too great.  An animal can hide pain for quite awhile.  Maybe pain becomes a discussion with the sick pet, rather than a lonely sort of quiet suffering.  

Jacob has the rips and I should go because he trying to play with my typing fingers===================================================[.  See?

Edited by little cow

Ok guys, the grandaddy (landlord) has been told that hes hauling us to the show, lol. We're 11 days away and Im super excited. This is a local show so we're just going to use nylon halters from Tractor Supply with matching leads. If we get into this further then Ill invest in nice show halters. My cowgirl has her breeches (Ive banned her from wearing them to the barn so we dont get them all messed up lol) and she has rubber tall boots that she bought at the last show we watched. Im going to find her a polo shirt to wear and a belt. Question...should she wear her helmet? It is just a halter class, but I cant decide. Oh, and she wants to braid the minis manes and put daisys in the braids lol. 

Queen, bring her helmet and see if others are wearing them. Braiding the mini's is great but I wouldn't use Daisy's. It's been years since I've seen a halter class but none wore helmets then and no flowers.

Queen, I think I have a yearling show halter that would fit a mini. Take a picture of what they're using at the show, and I'll send it to you if you decide to  get more into the showing.

42 minutes ago, Danyel said:

Queen, bring her helmet and see if others are wearing them. Braiding the mini's is great but I wouldn't use Daisy's. It's been years since I've seen a halter class but none wore helmets then and no flowers.

I think thats what Im going to do about the helmet. Honestly, I dont think Im going to braid at all. I want to...but I just dont have the time, and its a very local show.