QB,  Thanks to gracious Pappy for use of truck & trailer,  now the show can go on. :yay::yay: Best Wishes. PD

YAY!  I'm glad grandad has given you the use of the truck and trailer for the day and especially happy that the mom will come watch her daughter at the show!

So.... I did a thing on Thursday evening.

I pranked my boss!  

I stopped by on Friday afternoon and as soon as he saw me, he grinned at me. 
It was awesome, he first thought it was on of "the usual suspects" because we have a couple of pranksters on the crew. He never suspected me. 
Score! LOL 
When he got to work, he walked into his office but didn't turn the light on. He said he felt a little odd, so he stopped and looked at his desk, where the googley eyed books were looking at him, then he did a slow turn to see all the googley eyes staring at him all around his office. He thought it was great and said it started his day with a smile.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people sitting, screen and indoor

Image may contain: 4 people

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 14 people, people smiling

Guys! We made it to the show, and the girls are having a great time. They're done with their in hand trail classes and did really well. The classes were huge and we have no results yet, but we're all really happy with our go's regardless. We have an hour to wait til our Model and Showmanship classes this afternoon. Its hot, we're sweaty, but all is good.

20180616_094920.jpg

20180616_105956.jpg

20180616_110113.jpg

20180616_110152.jpg

Queen, don't forget to get a photo of the show halters being used.

Heidi, how long did that operation take?

I'm so glad the kids are having fun at the show.  What fantastic memories you are making with them!

I happened to come across a ziplock baggie of the googley eyes in the garage and it made me think of a photo I had seen of the eyes on book covers.  I didn't want to put eyes on books out in the public area (child choking hazard) so I did it to my boss' office. 
Start-to-finish it took around 20min to look for and gather the books off the shelves, put the eyes on, laid them flat* to set the rubber cement and then put them up around his office.  In between, I was going to the counter and helping to check patrons out or answering the phone.
*I had to lay them flat because I first put the eyes on and set the book up .... and when I walked back in, the eyes were sliding down the face.  

The googley eyes were my husband's.  He uses them to put eyes on some of his welded snicker-doodle creatures.  I put the baggie back for his projects.

Our results for the trail classes!

Coached Trail Zarinna 2nd, Zoey 3rd

In Hand Minis Zarinna 5th, Zoey 6th

Both classes were big. Im super proud of these girls!

Up next...Model...and Showmanship.

20180616_141109.jpg

20180616_141114.jpg

The girls won color coordinated ribbons to go with their outfits.  Whats great is they can tell friends & family they won ribbons at a horse show.  Sure would be nice if they can show again this year.

But wait guys, we were just getting started!!! We went on to do Model and Showmanship classes! Im so proud of these two and their ponies, even if Margarita did lay down in the line up in their last class LOL. These were some tired ponies and kids at the end. But, we did it!! Ill post pics of the final ribbon count tomorrow. We're going back in October.

4 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

I'm so glad the kids are having fun at the show.  What fantastic memories you are making with them!

I happened to come across a ziplock baggie of the googley eyes in the garage and it made me think of a photo I had seen of the eyes on book covers.  I didn't want to put eyes on books out in the public area (child choking hazard) so I did it to my boss' office. 
Start-to-finish it took around 20min to look for and gather the books off the shelves, put the eyes on, laid them flat* to set the rubber cement and then put them up around his office.  In between, I was going to the counter and helping to check patrons out or answering the phone.
*I had to lay them flat because I first put the eyes on and set the book up .... and when I walked back in, the eyes were sliding down the face.  

The googley eyes were my husband's.  He uses them to put eyes on some of his welded snicker-doodle creatures.  I put the baggie back for his projects.

The Great Googley Caper!  LOL

15 hours ago, jubal said:

Good job, Queen! You may have started something. Margarita's just a yearling, right?

Yes, they are both just yearlings. People were shocked, amazed, and in love with the minis when we told them they're just yearlings lol. 

38 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

Yes, they are both just yearlings. People were shocked, amazed, and in love with the minis when we told them they're just yearlings lol. 

Just think how many more years you and the girls can show them! LOL

Guys I totally forgot to mention that the turn out at this show was huge. This was a qualifying show for 4hers to qualify for the state 4h show. So there were lots of youth competitors. Probably not the best first show for them to go to, but it makes me even more happier that they came away with the ribbons they did! I also forgot to mention that Zoey (in western attire) came in 4th out of 6 in her Western Model class...and she was the only mini in the class. I nearly had a heart attack. She of course had no idea that she had just "beat" 2 full sized horses with her green yearling mini LOL!

I think now some professional halter lessons are in order for both minis and girls. I know someone that trains for halter and I think I may look into some real lessons for them. I think we've done really well with the minis but there are a few things that need fine tuning by a pro. 

As far as continuing to show these particular minis, thats a conversation Im going to have to have with Zarinna. Her idea was to show them a couple times which would increase their value, and then sell them. (The issue I have with that is that the money goes to their grandaddy, and he doesnt give them a penny of it. I think for all the time and training Zarinna has put into the minis she should get half of the selling price.) We have another mini mare due to foal any day now and Zarinna cant wait to start from scratch with that baby. I'll keep you all posted.

I printed off some pics from yesterday and tossed them into a multiframe. I'll be taking one to Pappy (who hauled us yesterday) and one to Grandaddy (my landlord). Grandaddy did call me yesterday to ask if he should start building a trophy room....of course I said yes lol. 

20180617_144831.jpg

I *love* the photo collage!  And the story about how big the show was and how well the girls did is ICING ON THE CAKE!

My favorite part was Margarita laying down in the lineup! I wish you had a picture of that. My brother was in a lead line class when he was about three, and he decided to take his shoe off in the lineup.  I think he won the class anyway.

My kid is on her way home from the dog show in Tampa.  We picked up three 5 point majors on our ibizan *****.  So now she only needs 4 singles for her Grand Championship.  Bubbles makes me frustrated because she is an absolutely stunning dog. But she is not super intelligent, and is very deerlike.  The last couple shows she was the only ibizan entered and it was not good for her because she does not have time in the ring to really settle down before the judge gets to her so now she has decided she does not want judges touching her.  So she dumped herself  2 of the 5 days acting like a fruit cake.  Then we changed her collar, fed her breakfast, and gave her a calm cap.  Her other collar and lead we lost in the fire and they do not make that collar anymore, it was soft and a good color and we cannot find one she likes.  Then she was in the ring with a bunch of dogs she knew and she pulled off select for majors Friday, Saturday and Sunday.   Now we will give her a break for a month see if she can screw her head back on and take her out alot in public again like when she was a baby.  SIGH.  

The parson puppy went along for the ride as she is too young to show.  That puppy is a born show dog and we cannot wait to show her.  Some long time breed people got to see her and they are totally in love with her.  She got to hang out and play with the top winning Parson in world history.  

Queen, congratulations on showing those kids such a great time!  

qhridingGA- You have such neat breeds of dogs.  Do Izibans and Parsons do lure coursing?  The name Bubbles cracks me up  I guess she is a bit of an airhead?

We are in a holding pattern.  We keep thinking we are two weeks from moving, but the rain won't stop.  Big thunderstorms almost every afternoon.  The clay soil, that is so great for pastures, is making it impossible for them to finish the septic system.  So, we wait.  I have no idea when the rain will stop.  We need some dry days in a row.  Meanwhile, the barn cats are stuck in big dog crates.  They have been there long enough, but I don't dare turn them out until we can be there to watch them the first days and nights.  I might try letting them out when we are there.  It might be hard getting them back in, but their food, water, and litter boxes are in there.  

LC, thats to bad about the weather not cooperating with the move.  That is why we bought the place we had rented for 14yrs.  No furniture to move, no change of address, passing of the keys, no trying to find the perfect home.  However, it was kind of lack luster with there being no excitement of moving someplace new.

As for the cats.  If your cats are really friendly then I would wait till you moved out or when go to work on the property let them out.  Then before you leave put them back.  However, they should be fine left out?  I am no cat expert.  Only have the ability to talk to my two barn cats & they love to chat.  Ask Heidi she really knows how to speak feline.

I just now saw the pics of the girls and the minis.  Those are the cutest minis ever.  I want one one day.  Not anytime soon, but one day.  Just to let it run around and be aggravating.  

We do coursing with the Ibizans and I had the CAT titles on a few of my Parsons.  We have done more coursing with our older male, Rodeo, than Bubbles.  I think CAT is kinda silly as it is open to all breeds of dogs.  It drives me crazy watching people begging their dogs to run and bragging about the title.  If the dog does not run on instinct, then do not run it.  My terriers really do love it.  The puppy is too young.  They have to be a year and even then I wait.  

Bubbles name online is actually Cyggie, well her registered name is Abbaio The Crumpet of the Swan.  Her call name was supposed to be Cygnet or Cyggie.  But somehow Bubbles stuck.  She was from the breakfast litter theme.  We call her Bubbles because she is so friendly and she bubbles over, but she is also not an Einstein.  We joke that she walks around singing disney themes all the time.  The dog is an absolute work of art though.  She moves so beautiful that she just holds my eyes as she absolutely floats.

My puppy is home and still does not really have a real name.  Her registered name is Parhelion Winds of Fury.  We call her all kinds of things but a real name.  Most times I just call her Puppy.  Her name was going to be Demeter or Meatie, which she answers to, but the litter theme did not work since she is the only surviving puppy.  And every name we come up with, everyone has a dog named that or we just do not like it.  My daughter calls her Biscuit, I call her Puppy.  Poor thing needs a real name.  I prefer human names for terriers actually.  Since she survived the fire, I wanted something strong but feminine and not Phoenix.  I did want to name her Ashley but I know too many people named that.

Chey 2 touched up verbage.jpg

20180618_204620.jpg