They are surprisingly soft.  The ewe is so trusting that she tolerates us petting and playing with her babies.  We even picked them up to get them back to her udder several times.  Such a sweet ewe.  

It's a boy and a girl.  It took awhile to get a close enough look.  Calves are much easier to see, lol!

Aw!  The lambs look adorable!

BB is enjoying her transition to indoors.  She seems to especially like waking me up in the middle of the night for pets and scrubbles.  She purrs so loud!

Edited by Heidi n Q

Jubal had no choice but to get them.  

So does this mean after Labor Day colored understand will be out of stock?  There is some fashion rule you aren't supposed to wear white after Labor Day.:crazy:

So just have fun matching them to your clothes for the day. And no one but you will know. (I guess.)

Those lambs are really adorable.  I would not mind having some goats in the future.  Not at all now though.  I love the eyes on goats and sheep.  

Poor BB.  She looks happy though and standing well.  

We bought the Ranger.  We did charge the AC and it did not blow cold air.  I may take it somewhere and get it looked at.  The truck was such a deal, I am not worried too much about the AC.  I already have someone dying to buy the truck.  Oh it only has a cassette player.  We are totally out of cassettes now.  I might actually go look for some at a goodwill or something.  I remember how to repair them with a pencil.  I have not driven it more than pulling it inside our gate.  I have not driven a manual in 15 years.  Not scared, but I was busy yesterday.   The puppy absolutely loves the truck for some reason though.  She leaps in it as soon as you open the door.  

20180701_095303.jpg

That's a good looking truck! They must have taken care of it. And the camper top is good for dog crates.

I still have cassettes and played some at Christmas. The player needed cleaning before it would work though.

Can easily see it is a southern vehicle.  Same year hear wouldn't be looking that good in our neck of the woods.  I'd say you got a good truck & taken care of it will last a very long time.

My VW is a 2004 & has a cassette player.  I was rather surprised that is had being only 14 yrs old.  Got rid of the monster cassette collection years ago. 

It has zero body rust.  My friend up north already wants it.  They said I could double our money selling it there.   Someone should buy a bunch of used 4 wheel drives down here and haul them up north.  

I know we don't have salt on our roads, but we have so much humidity, I thought the cars rust too fast down here.  I would think cars from out West would be worth the most.  Especially when from where it doesn't snow.

Edited by little cow

The Florida cars rust on the hood & roof because of the salt air.  First time in FL it took me a while to figure out why they would rust that way.  Ours will rust lower pannels & frame because of the road salt.

We bought a 11 bedroom sleeper that was in Florida.  The exterior & vestibules were in great condition.  However, inside there was surface rust on the door hinges, frames, vent covers & other few areas.  Again it was the salt air.  Here the railcars will have rusting in the vestibules because of salt.

California is the car Mecca, I hear. All the remaining Corvairs live there. (I watch American Pickers.)

4 hours ago, Danyel said:

What a doll, Queen. I bet the little girls are excited!

Actually, its been so blessedly hot that Im not sure the girls even know he was born.

2 hours ago, jubal said:

I think it should be named Henry. It looks like a Henry. Colt or filly?

Colt. The farm has decided it would be funny to stick with alcohol themed names...no idea why. Whatever. Margarita shouldve been Fuzzy Navel, lol.

Yup that little fart looks like a Hank.

Tonight gonna take Short man to see fireworks at the neighboring town.  They usually put on a really good show.

Cute foal!  

We aren't doing  much for the Fourth.  Libby, the 28 year old, mostly blind, Morgan mare, does not appreciate fireworks, especially now that she can't really tell where they are coming from.  So, it'll be a quiet night for us.  With all the work we are doing, recent losses, and stress with the move that is delayed, we aren't much in the mood to celebrate.  A picnic at the new farm is about all we have planned.  

I was feeling a bit down about the house not selling and the new house not being ready, yet, but then...

....MORE LAMBS!

Meet Rebecca (the one that has markings like a dairy cow) and Lydia (all white).  Two more ewe lambs for LJ's flock.  LJ likes those biblical names.  He thought about patriotic names, but Betsy was all he came up with and didn't like that one, lol!  The ram was black and white with great markings, so we're glad his color showed up on one lamb.  Most importantly, all the lambs are healthy and easy to handle.  Neither ewe minds us playing with their lambs, which is a big plus.  

The newest babies are penned up with their ewe for a few days until bonding is complete.  Then, all four lambs will be playing together.  The three day old ones were leaping and playing this morning.  

Lydia

UnCDW79.jpg

Rebecca

6EaCr59.jpg

Issac and Elizabeth

qdMb4KS.jpg

Edited by little cow

Not with these.  The wool sheds in the spring, so you just tug it or brush it off over time.  Save it, if you want.  Ours do like being brushed.  Most hair breeds are meat breeds, too, and not very people friendly.  St. Augustines are very people oriented, so they are much more fun.  Such a little breed.  If people knew about them, they would be much more popular.  Parasite resistant and tougher than most breeds of sheep.  Excellent pets.  Their meat yield is very good, too, but we don't like lamb or mutton, so they're safe with us.  

Oh you jjust made my day with more baby pictures.  They are so cute.

LC a picnic at the farm would be a perfect way to spend the day as a family.