I was really enjoying the day.  Wanted my HC family to enjoy also.

Everyone works hard in their own way & thought this would be a fun way to brighten the day.

Was a time when pics were always shared so figured a new dosage would be good.

Great pictures!  Looks ike a good time.  :)

I was moving boxes to the new workshop for about a week.  Stopped when we moved enough out of the old farm to not distract people walking through.  

We finished the ditch.  I have more dirt to move by hand this week, since these idiots won't come back until it drains.  Just a little every day and I'll even it out.  We would like to move before Christmas.  

I guess it's good we didn't sell the old farm, yet.  We would have to find a place to rent.  

Edited by little cow

Those pics look awesome.  I want to be on some water.  But all alone.  It would be so amazing.  

Pack a blanket, goodies & a book.  Head to the beach by yourself.  Leave everyone else at home to enjoy a read with your feet in the sand.  When you get to hot then go in the lake to cool off.

I have have personally experienced this type of outing & it is fantastic.  Only thing to make it better is if you are on a sandy beach on Green Turtle Cay that is part of the Abaco Islands, much better than the local beach.  But I'll take the local as it still does the trick.  

I do not know of any local beaches near me.  Not that would not have any other people around.  

I need to just head to our farm and hide there.  

I am wearing pleather leggings at work today.  I hate pleather.  I hate leggings.

These things are super comfortable and I am wearing a pac-man shirt. I am a big girl but I have super skinny muscley legs.  So the leggins are loose on them so it does not look like I am poured into them.  I feel a bit like a super hero today.

In my defense, I bought the leggins and shirt for comic con.

Edited by qhridinGA

It's 104° out. I watered earlier but didn't get out to finish weed eating.  Yesterday I mowed and got a little over heated. I love hot weather but don't want to get sick so I slowed down today.

I am not brave enough for pleather or leather pants.  However, for the life of me & don't ask why almost bought a pair of leopard print pants.  Found a really cute pair in a catalog this past spring & thought they looked great.  The smart side of me threw the catalog away.

So Sunday we are planning another day road trip.  I'll be sure to take you all along the adventure where ever the road takes us. 

Thanks, RRW. I like your road trip travelogs.

Danyel, I had heat stroke when I was in my 20's. It's important to know when to stop. It's also important to know when not to start. 104 degrees is too #^*^%#  hot!

12 minutes ago, jubal said:

Thanks, RRW. I like your road trip travelogs.

Danyel, I had heat stroke when I was in my 20's. It's important to know when to stop. It's also important to know when not to start. 104 degrees is too #^*^%#  hot!

I don't mind the heat but my body starts to react. I try to slow down. Yesterday I started to get a headache so I came in. 

Apparently Hubby has his mind set on ridding the excursion train in West Duluth today.  So to make every thing even I'll ask to stop & see my parents or go to JCPenny to find a new wallet & purse.  I believe that would be fair for riding a train I've forgotten how many time we have been on.

I'll be sure to take you all long the adventure.  Maybe I can get him to stop at the falls in Pattison Park to share with you.  I truely feel blessed to live where we do.

Come along for a train ride.

We are riding the LS&M in Duthuth.  We have the sister car to the one Short man is starting in.  Then some views of the St Louis river & also the hillside

IMG_20180722_132901.jpg

IMG_20180722_132953.jpg

IMG_20180722_133902.jpg

IMG_20180722_135128.jpg

IMG_20180722_133454.jpg

RRW,

Thanks for taking us along on your train ride,  pictures are neat as usual, but the last one is most interesting,  the ride must have rocked  these two right to sleep.   Best Wishes. PD

Shortman was faking & hubby needed a pair of earplugs.  Between motor mouth Shortman & the volunteer that couldn't stay off the pa, hubby didn't get much of a nap.

The days go by so fast that it is hard to get much else for fun.  Oh we did stop for ice cream sundaes.  

Well, I won't eat Jolly Ranchers again!

Thanks for the tour. Do you suppose that was Wolfhaven on the bike?

Guessing it wasn't Wolf as this biker isn't wearing spandex.

Today is a day I could just sit on the beach & read a book or take a nap.  Work is starting to really wear me down.  Alright....hihohiho off to turning over rooms I go.

Hope you all have a good morning.

How are you able to use the tracks with other trains?  How does that work with timing?  That train looks so comfortable.  Just ride along.  And the scenery!  That is awesome.  Is it easy to go from car to car?  Do you have to jump across the hitch thing and the open gap to the other car?  

Attempted to ride last night.  Then a storm came up and both geldings were being total butt heads.  Diego was acting a fool and got himself in some trouble.  My daughter is made of glue.  Denny was having an annoying spooky day and would not let us spray him with fly spray so we chased him around till he stood.  (We have been chasing him with fly spray for 2 years, he never gets over it) and then he was all spooky at my ball cap so we had to do that and he was freaked out about that.  I have worn a ball cap a ton, he has seen me in many ball caps and cowboy hats.  I have trail ridden in them till one day a tree branch scraped over the hat and made a sound and he has been freaked ever sense.   The horse has alot of promise, but spooky horses at stupid stuff make me mad.  

Here is a quick pic of my horse Denny being lunged.  I photoshopped my kid out of it as she wanted me to and I have not yet taken Diego's butt out of the front.  But it is a cool pic.  I wish he carried his head like that when riding.  We have no idea what kind of horse he is.  His green eyes are cool though.  He gets worked up and you cannot get harsh on him.  He will be a good horse but he is so immature mentally but filling out nicely.

I have a good pic of my daughter riding him but the sprint tower is down and I cannot email it.  Plus with FB blocked at work, I cannot go there and snag it either.   

Denny.jpg

What fun would it be if we could just get on & go for a ride.

The train pics are not of our train but another excursion.  I don't have current pics of our train on my phone or computer. Oh wait I might be able to find some that we use for marketing.  

The interior pic is of our self propelled interurban car built in 1913.  The interior was completely rebuilt by the people we bought it from.  We did an extensive exterior rebuild last year.  As the the train we don't run as many cars as there are on the arial shot.  We just take what is needed for the number of guests on any given day.  The platform car is our presidential business car that was built I think 1914. It is used for the first class b&b service.

DSC_7187 BRIDGE GREG.jpg

DSC_8811 ENTIRE TRAIN VEAZY 1.jpg

DSC_8629 PASSENGERS WAVE.jpg

DSC_7262 DOODLEBUG.jpg

Edited by RailroadWoman

The first two photos were taken by hubby.  The bottom two by a very good friend of ours who is a well know railroad photographer.  He was goofing one day & made his son do his best presidential pose.  I love this pic because he looks so much taller than what he is in real life.  We have a nuts crazy work life but we sure do try to have fun.

If someone is opposed to my sharing these pics fine I'll take them down.  But when asked I am happy to share what we do & no I am not out for your business.

DSC_6745 SAM WAVES FROM BIZ CAR.jpg

Great train photos. I love that one with the fancy windows. Is that real stained glass? Is that the 1914 car?