34 minutes ago, jubal said:

^^^Very brave person. I wouldn't even try to wash a cat!

LOL, note the wet shirt he's wearing. Mom has her cat, "Mr. Mew Mew", the grey, declawed in front. (Yes, we fought for a week over that, she felt mutilating her cat instead of putting her hair up at night so he didn't chase it, for a few months til he grew out of the 4 month old a hole stage, was the better choice. She's "Always" had declawed cats, blah blah blah...  when my two little terrors tag team and make him scream, she feels bad about him not being able to defend himself, I guilt trip the crap out of her for it..) 

My two little hellions, however, are not declawed, but get trimmed weekly, as damage control. So, no pierced kid. :crazy:

8 minutes ago, wolfhaven said:

You wash a cat?  WTH?  Why?  Isn't that the reason they lick and I step on those nasty hairball pukes in the middle of the night?  Hmmm.  Anyway.  My wife has indoor cats, they get dirty and the maid is going to hear about it!!!   

Because if they licked THAT much pepper steak off them & we DIDN'T wash them, we'd be washing the carpets when they get upset tummies from it.  And, Mother Dearest is allergic to cats. (I know, I know...) so if we wash them a couple times a month, she can breathe. 

We had very clean cats when I was a kid. I would take mom's laundry tub out in the yard and fill it plus I took my window screen out and propped it inside the tub. The cats would cling to the screen and I would scrub! I got into trouble many times for that!

1 hour ago, Danyel said:

We had very clean cats when I was a kid. I would take mom's laundry tub out in the yard and fill it plus I took my window screen out and propped it inside the tub. The cats would cling to the screen and I would scrub! I got into trouble many times for that!

That's funny, because that's how I learned to wash cats while interning with a groomer before I opened my own shop! :P

Red, , my mom hated cats(plus most animals) and said they were too dirty to come into the house. So I gave them a bath, hoping she would let me bring them in.  I was always an animal lover and didn't obey at all. I adopted every stray around.

Thanks to my landlord, I got to ride my bike today.  He ordered me a new seat post and attached my new seat. I biked the High Bridge Trail again. Today I went from Farmville to the bridge and back. 10 miles. It was hot and I got sunburned but it was worth it. Now Im taking a little rest before going to let the kids ride.

20170822_143751.jpg

20170822_133818.jpg

20170822_133758.jpg

20170822_133246.jpg

Edited by QueenBAW
Pics

Thanks for the photos, Queen. You must have a lot of energy! I could walk that bridge if I didn't look down.

My mother didn't allow animals in the house either, but what she didn't know, (or pretended not to know,) was we sneaked them upstairs anyway. I raised an orphan lamb in the basement, too. But she didn't complain about that because it was "livestock."

I gave my bunny a bath a week or so ago. I posted it to facebook and was like "this is the reason I couldn't hang out last night" - man I like my animals more then people.

Except they are shedding SO SO SOOOOOOO bad. It is annoying the crap out of me. I brush and brush and brush - and wake up to another baby bunny in hair on the floor. /sigh.

QB - looks like a fun ride. I used to love riding my bike. I haven't done so in forever. Maybe next year time will slow down and I can take it to the peninsula.

Pink,  I can see where those critters shedding could be a problem, but the unconditional love they give can sometimes be worth the problems they cause.

Queen,  Like your pictures, they are awesome,  glad you had such nice scenery to riide your bike in. Best Wishes. PD

PD - it's making me question my sanity, LOL. I'm also wondering if I'm allergic now that they're shedding I'm so stuffy. But, unless I find the perfect person - they aren't going anywhere.

My cowgirl really surprised me yesterday. I got to the barn and low and behold she had already gotten her horse out and Mr. Butters, had them tied perfectly and was brushing them. I was so proud of her! She said Margarita got out when she was bringing Mr. Butters out but she caught her and wrangled her back in..all by herself. We traded Mr. Butters for Sonic when I got there and both had a nice ride...after Sonic threw a fit over a horsefly on him. 

I finally got to the fair today. I wish I had worn my pedometer watch. I walked more than I have since last year. We saw a lot and left out a lot. I ate TWO corn dogs and now I'm good till next year.

Hello

I'm not particularly feeling well. I think my hormones are making me crazy. Literally. I just want to go home and not talk to anyone. 

For anyone here that is on my FB--I have gone on a hiatus and deleted it for awhile. I need to just get away from everyone, though I will still check in here. 

Kitty is doing well. His results came back and he does not have cancer. So that's good. He will eat a special gastro-intestinal friendly diet and be on some medication to help his stomach acid. I have to bring in a stool sample for a tripsan digestion test--see if he has any enzyme production in his pancreas. 

I hope you all are well. I'll pop back in later. Take care. :huggy:

Pink you can chase bunny hair with a vacuum & hardly catch it.  When I had  bunnies I used a wet wash cloth to rub them so the hair wouldn't just float away.  Also with a bath have lots of towels & a blow dryer.  Amazing how their hair holds water like a sponge.

Spanish good to hear about your kit kat.  Sure hope the special food & meds help.

QB Short man would be grumpy seeing a railroad bridge no longer used for trains.  He'd say that he'd buy it & put the line back in.

We are having beautiful weather this week. Humidity is gone and only in the 80's.

I trimmed trees yesterday, way over due. I'm going to start mowing that afternoon.

Went to the gym early and yoga was cancelled. I got on the treadmill instead. An old man was next to me and he was so gassy!! I couldn't wait until he left. Me giving him dirty looks didn't phase him!!!!

I'm making baked spaghetti for company tonight. Hope it turns out. I've never made it before.

Everyone have a great day!

RR, I used a jar and half. Most of it on the meat and coated the noodles with some. It's in the oven now. I'll keep a close eye on it. 

RR, the baked spaghetti was great. I used a recipe that had cream cheese and mozzarella mixed for the filling. Everyone loved it. 

My brother-in-law built my sliding hay door for my feed room so we can roll round bales in without having to drive into the corral.

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

He also put my horses' names at the bottom!

No automatic alt text available.

This is their manger that my husband and BIL built.  The round bale is in a HayChix net to cut down on waste.  At the back of the manger, BIL cut out the opening and installed a roll-up door so we can roll round bales from the feed-room / hay-storage side directly into the manger.

Image may contain: horse and outdoor

We decided to reward ourselves with a ride at Harbins Park today.  Dixie (silver bay) is a rock star and Chrome (dun) is still young and needs attentive guidance.  Chrome laid down in the sandy creek with me.  I felt much cooler afterwards!  LOL

BIL Jim took the pic and I took it from his FB to post here.

Image may contain: 1 person, swimming and outdoor

I guess you only get to see Dixie's butt today ..... 

Image may contain: 1 person, sunglasses, beard, outdoor and water

Drinking a few cups of coffee and then heading out in a bit to hit the trails.  Weather has been perfect lately.  Feels like fall for sure !!