19 minutes ago, jubal said:

Take two Tylenol and skip exercise in the morning. That's all I got.

Advise taken!

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. Going out for Chinese food tonight. My favorite. I plan on stuffing myself!!

Happy belated birthday!

We've been working hard in this heat.  Still need to pack up the garage, but the old farm is vacant and clean.  We scrubbed everything and wiped out the inside of all cabinets, etc...   I painted the boy's room, which was one of the only rooms left to paint.  I swept the mats in the stalls, brushed off the cobwebs in the corners of the barn, and and packed up and cleaned the tack room.  We have been keeping it clean, but packing up made it messy and the barn needs to be periodically dewebbed this time of year.  As we were leaving yesterday, some folks came by to look at it.  Hope they buy it.  We are going on 7 months now.  The market is slow.

Meanwhile, the new farm is shaping up.  I still have boxes to unpack because animal comfort was the priority.  Finally got the chicken yard done yesterday and the hens were quite happy to get out of their coop.  

All the other animals are settled nicely into their pens and pastures.  

Edited by little cow

I forgot to mention that since we moved our animals two weeks ago, the deer have taken over the pastures.  The hawks were very active as well.  Nature stepped in quickly.  

LC, fantastic you are finally home.  Take your time & enjoy setting up your house & sure hope your property sells soon.

Been busy here & not getting out to do much.  Then again it has been so blasted hot that couldn't really enjoy the outdoors.  Noticed yesterday that out trees are lack luster & semi wilted.  Not good as it is a sign of potentially bad year for leaf color.  

I'd gladly give you some of our rain, RRW. Every time I get the yard and pasture cut, it rains and then another foot of growth, at least in the pasture. I have the bush hog hitched up right now to mow the pasture. That's a sure sign of rain tomorrow.

Mowed last Monday & it will probably be a good three weeks before have to do it again.  Our RV park looks bad just because of the weeds growing in the parking pads.  Otherwise there isn't much for green grass.

I finished the bigger pasture. Now I'm procrastinating about the area next to the creek. It scares me because I'm afraid the tractor and I will go off the bank.

2 hours ago, jubal said:

I finished the bigger pasture. Now I'm procrastinating about the area next to the creek. It scares me because I'm afraid the tractor and I will go off the bank.

I wouldn't mow a place I didn't feel safe. I never mow our pond dam. I feel like the tractor might roll. Stay safe, Jubal!!

Edited by Danyel

Don't blame you ladies at all for not taking chances, that is why we have gotten older, & of course wiser.  At least wisdom is suppose to with age!! I'm doubtful in my case sometimes.   PD

14 hours ago, Danyel said:

I wouldn't mow a place I didn't feel safe. I never mow our pond dam. I feel like the tractor might roll. Stay safe, Jubal!!

I'm still alive! It's not that dangerous. There are at least ten feet between the fence and the creek and my tractor loader and bush hog are only five feet wide. I'm just a scaredy cat.

Well it is official.  I am a snob....Hubby got me vanity plates for the bug & they just arrived.  My car no longer has ADD as that is what the old plates had on them.  Now it is branded with the short version of my name.

Jubal, there are a few spot where I feel like the zero turn is going to tip when mowing.  I know it isn't going to but you brain keeps telling you it is.  I'd love to have a running tractor at the farm.  I say running as we have a ford 8n that is a yard decoration.  One day I'll get fed up & just go buy a dang tractor for me.

Zero turns have no traction whatsoever. Mine has been stuck in the shallow ditch in front many times. I finally left the tow rope in the garage so I don't have to go to the barn for it. One time a pickup came by when I was stuck. Five big guys wearing bandanas on their heads and tattoos everywhere jumped out of the truck and lifted me and the mower out of the ditch. They then all jumped back in their truck and were gone practically before I could thank them. Now that truck honks at me whenever it goes by.

Get a tractor, RRW. And a finish mower. You won't even need the zero turn any more. (But they are fun, aren't they?)

Our zero has tires on the front so it can handle ruff terrain.  I've cut waist high field grass was the it.

3pto, front loader tractor is on the list.  

Zero turn mowers are awesome.  We have a regular one, but hubby dreams of a zero someday. 

I saw mouse droppings in the new horse barn. And we have no barn cat.  Then, at church, someone asked us to help a kitty in need.  Stray black calico that lives in an apartment complex parking lot. But she is sick with mange and very skinny.  Head and neck are all scabs. She looks hairless, but should have long hair.  Very friendly cat. Neighbor in complex threatened to "stomp on her head" if he sees her again.  The lady from church hid her in her bathroom when she heard that.  

She is in an extra large crate on our barn right now  She has an appointment with the vet in an hour   So friendly and sweet.  She's in bad shape   Oh, and tummy is tight   I was hoping she was spayed   Hmmm  

Poor girl.  Sure hope she will heal up & pay you back with mouse kills.

It has been a run your tail off day with going here & there getting stuff done.  My one big drier is non functioning so that put a ding in getting all the laundry done.  Thinking it is just the heating element & have a call into the local appliance fix it guy.  Shortman is at a friends.  When asked by friends mom told her he can stay as late or as long as she can stand two 8yr olds.

Delilah has scabies and hookworm.  Thank goodness we had the the sense to use disposable gloves when handling her.  Got treated for both today with additional doses over the next few weeks and a recheck scheduled in two weeks.  She just wanted to snuggle with us and we have to wait until she is better.  Poor baby.  The best news is that she has a surgical scar, so she was spayed!  Vet estimates her age at about two years.  

I think I'll start a new thread with pictures.  

Edited by little cow

RRW, when does Shortman go back to school?  LJ started yesterday.  He is big enough to help with chores and I missed his assistance yesterday.  I also just missed having him around during the day. :(

Shortman goes back Sept 4.  I love having him around however, we have been bonkers crazy with work & starting to get a bit stressed.  So it works better if he can be away doing something he enjoys.

Will be nice to have him back in school & on a schedule again.  Plus with our summers is he is at day camp 4 weeks & that basically follows the same schedule as school.  So it usually isn't a problem getting back into a routine.  Now getting him to kinda enjoy school is a totally different story.

^^^Well, that's your fault. You keep taking him on fun trips! You should let him get so bored he's happy to go back to school.   :rotf:

Jubal, our friends son LOVES school & is upset when summer break comes.  The difference is he doesn't get to go do much, so school is fun.  Now our kid would rather be out working with the boys.  Heck three weeks ago the boys came to put up the cross buck at the motel.  Shortman was out in his pjs & slippers shoveling dirt/rock for the boys.  Shortman can spend an entire day working on building a rail yard with his model trains & will put together trains for specific movements.  I had Shortman pick out a costume for Halloween so I can get sewing early.  Well he is going as locomotive building engineer from the 30s era.  He asked Hubby to print him copies of the Zepher building plans that he can carry.  I am not surprised this is what he wanted to go as but it isn't your average costume request from an 8yr old.  I just go with the flow & say "OK"

As for fun, we like to say a family that works hard plays hard.

Husband had to go to the Hilton at Pensacola Beach, FL for training and I accompanied him.  While he was at his meetings during the day, I lounged around.  In the evenings we went out to dinner and walked on the beach.  His first day there was a half-day so we went to the Naval Aviation Museum, which was fantastic.

Here is a pic of me being a mermaid in the pool:
*I took 3 mermaid tails with me and talked many people into trying them on and becoming mermaids and mermen.

2018 ab Hilton.jpg

So do you have to take salt baths at home like in "Splash"?  Does your husband know your secret?  What do dolphins have to say about the ocean?

:crazy: