Nice to see everyone!

I have been so busy with work I have not had any time off to do anything. I haven't ridden or gone camping or done ANY of the things I promised myself I would do this summer. :mecry:

We did spend the long holiday weekend at the cabin, which was nice, but it wasn't horse camping or time spent in the saddle. :(

The museum is still plucking right along. We are doing well in the giftshop this year, but visitation is still down. I'm hoping to make a giant push through the last few months so we can crash though 12k in gift shop sales this year. Then over the winter I am going to try launching an online store and a phone app that benefits the entire county. No rest for the wicked as they say.

We put an offer on a house over the summer but it didn't pan out. So we decided to stop looking for awhile and just keep saving. There is one house we like but it's about 20 miles from town and only on 10 acres. We are hoping something with more acreage that is closer to town will come available soon.

Mar--sounds like you are keeping busy. I'm so disappointed you cannot find good help near you so that you can stay on the farm. I hope that sometime soon you will find good help.

Hope everyone else is well. There is soo much going on I don't think I can catch up. Maybe someday I can stick around longer to really know what's going on and stay "in the know". Lol.

FInally caught up a bit on chores.  My fall/winter garden is all ready to go.  We haven't been able to garden for a year and a half because of the move.  It's very nice to play in soil again.  

The old mare, Libby, is doing well.  It's really hot this week because we are south of the Florence mess and the heat builds.  Glad it's not heading our way, but praying for those we are in the Carolinas.  

Heidi, you okay?  It was showing some crazy swoop through Georgia yesterday.  If anyone needs to shelter down here, let me know.  The Equestrian Center near us is taking in horses.  Very nice place and they have RV hook up sites.  

We are okay.  We're within 40min of Atlanta.  We are so far inland that by the time a hurricane reaches us it is just wind and rain.  We don't have flooding issues so the biggest issue is downed trees.

I hope everyone in the path stays safe.

Hey everyone! All is good here. Started blood pressure meds last week and although its a low dose, things are looking better. I also put my elliptical together all by myself and have been getting on that. 

My uncle and cousin evacuated from Wilmington NC just days before the hurricane. I don't know that they will have a home to go back to. Meanwhile, we're supposed to get pummeled pretty good with the rain in my area tomorrow. Which is fitting, since tomorrow is THE day....tomorrow is the court day for my deceased friend Tricias boyfriend/murderer. Court starts at 8:30...please think of her family. Friday was the 1 year anniversary of her death. I put a bouquet of artificial flowers on the side of the road where she died. Theres a little memorial there. I did the same at her headstone on the farm where she was buried. I will update you with what happens in court tomorrow.

QB, great that the meds are helping & good job on putting your elliptical together.  Guessing no extra nuts or bolts?

Not much going on here.  We have had a horrible temp spike the past 4 days.  Luckily they are projecting out typical fall temps, fingers crossed they are right this time.

3 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

QB, great that the meds are helping & good job on putting your elliptical together.  Guessing no extra nuts or bolts?

Not much going on here.  We have had a horrible temp spike the past 4 days.  Luckily they are projecting out typical fall temps, fingers crossed they are right this time.

Lol you sound just like my brother with the no extra nuts and bolts left over....nope, not a one! I did pretty good! 

On another note...my blood pressure isnt as good as I thought. Im gonna have to retract my earlier statement, lol. Checked it again today and it was all jacked up. But, the good news is that I was started on a low dose and it will be doubled in a few weeks.

Queen, your BP will change all day long. And there are things that will make it spike like a hot shower or a big meal. Wait a while and take it again.

I hope your friend's murderer will be sentenced appropriately.

QB, no matter what do not camouflage the elliptical with towels, blankets or clothing.  Even if it is to hang it up because it is just damp after coming out of the dryer.  Once it is camouflaged it will be lost forever.

Trying to figure out where to spend the work motivation today.  Go to the farm & clean out a room or two. Stay at work clean the living quarters so it is that much closer to be moved into.  No matter what both jobs need to get done & there is fun involved with either. 

I have out of towners coming next weekend. I have to clean on top of the kitchen cabinets where all the teapots and antique doodads live. Three year old dust!

I could probably plant potatoes on top of my cabinets. Nothing lives up there BUT the dust, and I have no plans to disturb its peace.

There is a reason I don't keep alot of "doodads" around.  If dust can land on it don't put it in the house.

Alright Shortman's new room is wiped down.  Think it is time to go to the farm & clear out some things from his room to move in.  Time for the three piles:  Throw It, Donate It, Keep It.  Do believe this go around Ill donate to one of the local shops rather than taking it down to Rice Lake.

Kitchen cabinets are wiped down & cleaned out.  Getting all the new dishes washed & put away, then boxing up the old dishes for donation.

Never did make it out to the farm.  

13 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

QB, no matter what do not camouflage the elliptical with towels, blankets or clothing.  Even if it is to hang it up because it is just damp after coming out of the dryer.  Once it is camouflaged it will be lost forever.

Trying to figure out where to spend the work motivation today.  Go to the farm & clean out a room or two. Stay at work clean the living quarters so it is that much closer to be moved into.  No matter what both jobs need to get done & there is fun involved with either. 

Lol Ive already told myself that. Havent hung anything on it yet. I keep telling myself  that I have to use it, or stay fat...and I couldve spent the money I paid for it other ways, and I worked hard for that money. Just got off of it actually. Put in 25 minutes. The first 5 minutes are the worst, but its not too bad after that.  Ive thought about looking for a little treadmill too. Doing a brisk 5 minute walk would be a good warm up before getting on the elliptical...but Ill settle for what Ive got. :-)

5 hours ago, noponies said:

Not nearly enough.

Nope, not even close to enough. He didnt even have the decency to say he was sorry. The silver lining (I guess) is that although he will do 10 years, he doesnt have a chance in you-know-where of staying out of the system when he does get out. He will never be a good citizen, and he'll never hold a job, therefore he wont be able to pay restitution and will be in violation of his probation. 

Got a lot of rain today, a tornado, and currently under a flood warning. Crazy stuff.

7 hours ago, QueenBAW said:

Lol Ive already told myself that. Havent hung anything on it yet. I keep telling myself  that I have to use it, or stay fat...and I couldve spent the money I paid for it other ways, and I worked hard for that money. Just got off of it actually. Put in 25 minutes. The first 5 minutes are the worst, but its not too bad after that.  Ive thought about looking for a little treadmill too. Doing a brisk 5 minute walk would be a good warm up before getting on the elliptical...but Ill settle for what Ive got. :-)

I have a treadmill for you! Send postage, LOL!

QB even if you use it just 15min it will help.  As for warm up do some stretches.

So never did get the stove yesterday.  Asked hubby to send the boys today.  It really stinks not having s functioning kitchen.

Trying to decide what to do today. Sometimes I think Id rather be working. If I go somewhere Im gonna spend money...I have money to spend I just dont need to spend it. Its pretty soggy here from all the rain..I might get a ride in with the girls this evening. Think I might just stay home today and sew. I have a bunch of clothes I wanna get rid of but I think I could cut them up and make a blanket to cover the couch or for the dogs to lay on.

Forgot to include in my last post....

I think I told you all about the teenage girl that went missing a few months ago that I know. She was found safe and all, no worries. But this girl has some real issues. I dont know if its teenage girl issues or broken home issues or what, but she really needs professional help. I think shes on meds, but its very obvious from her Facebook posts that shes not getting the help she needs. We're talking extremely low self esteem, and even suicidal ideation. Im by no means any kind of professional but my heart is telling me to reach out to this girl and provide her with at least an escape with the horses. She used to ride when she was young, and I think riding would benefit her now. Perhaps she would even enjoy showing a mini with the girls. I have everything she would need as far as show clothing etc. The only catch is that this girl isn't old enough to drive yet, so Id have to drive about an hour total to make it happen for her. Maybe I could do it on my weekends off. I think it would at least give her something to look forward to. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

1 hour ago, QueenBAW said:

Forgot to include in my last post....

I think I told you all about the teenage girl that went missing a few months ago that I know. She was found safe and all, no worries. But this girl has some real issues. I dont know if its teenage girl issues or broken home issues or what, but she really needs professional help. I think shes on meds, but its very obvious from her Facebook posts that shes not getting the help she needs. We're talking extremely low self esteem, and even suicidal ideation. Im by no means any kind of professional but my heart is telling me to reach out to this girl and provide her with at least an escape with the horses. She used to ride when she was young, and I think riding would benefit her now. Perhaps she would even enjoy showing a mini with the girls. I have everything she would need as far as show clothing etc. The only catch is that this girl isn't old enough to drive yet, so Id have to drive about an hour total to make it happen for her. Maybe I could do it on my weekends off. I think it would at least give her something to look forward to. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

You're the only one who can say. But you do have a big heart so follow it.

As far as cutting up the clothes to cover the couch, why not put the clothes on the dogs? A lot easier! :P

If it becomes a thing, maybe you can get ride help from her family or guardians. Even possibly a teacher

I think you have a very generous heart and it's a  neat idea.

For the moment, though, if she has suicidal posts, contact a professional immediately.  They can find her parents.  If you know what high school she attends, you could start by reporting it there.  Someone needs to intervene and sit this girl down now.  

I am dismayed at what is trendy at high schools right now.  It appears that telling other kids to "go kill yourself", whether in person or online, is common.  A kid like this might not bounce back from the general sarcastic comments from other kids.  

Edited by little cow