10 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

oh overtime days can be the best when you are money hungry.  Remember doing 3-4 doubles in a row in the old nursing home days.  Sure don't miss those hours.  Wait a minute......usually work 16 hrs everyday.  Just not for somebody else.

Eh, not so much money hungry. I really like working in the lab and they're short staffed. I dont care for sitting at home and the humidity outside is high most days so I dont want to be outside either. Working is an easy solution and gives me extra money. Just wish Uncle Sam didnt love me so dang much.

The overtime is much easier when it is just yourself.

PD, when I was working in the office at the depot most days were 8-5 or 8-6;30 M-S with Sunday off.  If all was quiet a couple days in the week we would go home after picking up Shortman from school.

Now at the motel I make sure to be up working at 6;30am get kiddo to school & get back ready to hit the floor 8am.  Rooms have to be done by 3pm then check in guest.  Once they are in then spend some time with Shortman, work on laundry, figure out dinner, kiddo to bed, then more laundry.  Do my best to get everything locked up by 10pm so I can go to bed to start all over.  As for day off usually we will go do something late afternoon Sunday.

RRW,  I knew that you were a busy lady, & with a business like yours, I thought most days might get long.  But you create pleasure for many others with your train rides, & a nice place to rest their  weary bones at night. Best Wishes. PD

Heidi, I really like your sign & wreath

We are waiting for the guests to leave for the train so we can go buy pumpkins at the wagon next door.  Shortman is just itching for Stewart to come out of his storage for the year. 

Heidi I LOVE your decorations lolI

What a day. I was supposed to be off today but the lab was super short staffed and asked if I could come in.  I went in on the stipulation that I got off by 3pm so I could go look at washing machines. Mine isnt totally toast, but its doing it's best death dance. Landlord says he'll buy it and I can pay him back but I really want to wait til next month. I get paid 3 times next month and hopefully my old washer will last til then. If not then Ill take him up on his offer. Came home and got Bennie and Faith and went to the farm. My cowgirl helped me feed while I started clipping one of the minis. Their show is next weekend. Got one mini all clipped and will do the other one tomorrow. Tomorrow we're going to comb out the minis tails and put their tail bags on and then rework the horses tail bags. Oh, guess whos more friendly now....yep Breyer lol. A halter and a leadrope on him for a couple days has done wonders. I think now Ill try to do that thing called sleep!

5 hours ago, jubal said:

Heidi, your horses are going to run away from home!

I rode Leo past them last year and he *really* looked at them as we walked down the drive.  I assured him I'd feed him better than I fed them.

LOL!  Those are cool decorations, Heidi!

Queen, I hate clipping.  Good luck at the show!

RRW, pumpkin patches are fun.  We might go do the corn maze this year.  It's a benefit for a local fallen officer.  

We finally finished the rabbit shed!  We have been trying to get it done for months.  meanwhile, we moved the two neutered male bunnies in their old hutch when we came to the new farm.  I had some painting to do and wire to put up on the inside to keep them from chewing the wood.  LJ helped by painting decorations.  We did a St. Francis of Assisi theme, since LJ named one bunny Francis.  It was just the feast day for St.  Francis, so good timing on finishing it. 

The black rabbit is Francis.  He is three years old and was a present for LJ when he made his First Communion.  He gave him a saint's name (but hubby and I thought of that character from the old movie, Stripes, and called him Psycho, lol!). 

The black and white Dutch one is Vincent.  He is two.  He was in a pathetic cage at the feed store and this dude was going to buy him for food.  We stepped up and bought him before the guy came back with the cash, (He is what we call "fork to farm", vice "farm to fork").   jOhn gave him a saint's name, too, but his naughty name is VInnie.  SO,m when the boys are sweet, we call them Francis and Vincent.  When they are bad, they go by Psycho and Vinnie. 

Introductions went very slow and we had to wait until well after Vincent was neutered before trying.  Now, they are best buddies.  They groom and snuggle together.  

Anyway, the pictures:

Prior to adding bunnies:

C4sTYMT.jpg

5hZAiS8.jpg

INAQtE3.jpg

We moved all their furniture in and I added a rock and a few other chew toys.  The bunnies settled in very quickly.  Francis loves the rock.  

7jcAtYq.jpg

RDS8Mph.jpg

JEDz5SC.jpg

This day has not been good to me. Yesterday on my way home some idiot was in his driveway on a zero turn mower right next to the busy road and...yep, threw a rock right into my car. I knew it was going to happen but I couldnt avoid it. I pulled over when I could and didnt see any damage...til this morning. The rock apparently hit my back passenger window and the temp dropped last night...got in the car this morning to find a shattered window. Pic below. Luckily my back windows have a crappy tint job as that was what was holding the shattered glass in place. Went and picked up my cowgirl to go to Tractor Supply and we swung by Dollar General and got some clear packing tape and taped up the shattered window on both sides in an effort to help stabilize it and keep it from falling out completely. Cowgirl was a big help. We were late getting started this morning. My clippers kinda crapped out last night after having clipped one mini so I was going to buy another set but its been super hard to find a cordless set. So I figured Id try to just replace the blades on the one I have. Off to Tractor Supply we went and bought blades and tail bags. Had lunch. Taught my cowgirl the laws of the road..double lines = no passing..dotted line on our side means we can pass etc, she had no idea and thought that was pretty cool. Anyway, got home and switched the blades on the clippers which was a real pain in the *** and headed to the farm. Got in about 3 good swipes on Margarita and the screws popped out. Landlord came over with a screw driver and tried putting it all back together to no avail. It looks like its working but its not cutting and making a higher pitched sound. We both gave up. Got tail bags reworked on the horses and tail bags on the minis. Came home to try to figure out the clipper blades but at this point I might just give up and buy a new set. Decided to try to get my washing machine to do one load of laundry and it completely died. So, I hauled all my soaking wet clothes to the laundry mat, getting my front seat soaked in the process. Put my laundry in the $4.75 washer to realize halfway through that I couldve put them in the $3 washer. Havent had one of these days in a long time. At least my dryer works and Im home now on the couch while my laundry is drying and dinner is waiting in the crock pot.

20181006_135432.jpg

Sheesh, Queen! It sure wasn't your day.

LC, your rabbit hutch looks like a guest house! I don't know how the bunnies feel about the snake painted inside, though! Or is that a bean stalk?

LJ is making steps and a little shelf for the bunnies.  They will have more furniture at the sheltered end.  We might also grow some grass in a metal tub for them to play in and eat. 

QB what a poopy day.  That just totally sucks about the window.

LC, I sure do miss having a bunbun running around.  They are fun pets but they can be very very naughty.

On Saturday night, a drunk hit the electrical box for phone and internet for our entire neighborhood.  Smashed it to bits and left a mangled pile of spaghetti behind.  No idea when they can fix it.  Six trucks from three companies were out on Sunday.  They’ll keep working on it until this next tropical storm/hurricane moves through. 

I’m on my phone, but can’t stay on too long.  Just wanted to say, “Hi”. And that drunks suck.  After he ran over the box, he kept going into this poor guy’s yard before hitting an electrical pole.  Don’t think he had any real injuries.  Drunks go floppy in an accident, so they don’t get hurt.  I learned that when I worked for the police.  They hurt everyone else and stagger away. Thank God he didn’t kill anyone. 

Edited by little cow

Gads he had it out for all electrical.  Sucks losing phone/internet as it seems to take forever for the repairs to get done.

Its a dank piddly day here.  Our trees are now changing color & my guess is this will probably be peak week for fall colors.  Shortman got moved into his new room yesterday.  So today he has to finish putting his stuff away.  I'll be working on getting our room cleaned so we can get moved into the bedroom.  At some point hubby will come in from the depot so we can go furniture shopping.  I am already tired just thinking about it.

Oh he loves it.  He is an organizer & I think half the fun for him is getting everything in its place.  I'll take a pic of it for you.

The living quarters were a mess when we came in.  Last winter we did a huge amount of work.  From building walls, covering walls, putting in an additional bathroom.  The space was overhauled & made to be a better design.

First pic is of Shortmans room.  It is a littler smaller than what was at the farm but we are good at organizing.

Next three are of the living room.  To make it warmer & not have to deal with drywall we put up the pine, covered the fireplace, put in an electric fire (I absolutely love it) built the alcove & painted.  Still have trimming to do & poly the pine on the fireplace.  Hubby brought in the coffee table from the farm.  It looks so small in the huge room.

Then there is the kitchen.  It still needs to get put back together.  It also has the fireplace that must have had a grill at one time.  We ran out of energy & just didn't want to deal with it.  So it was left as it.  

Sixth pic is the third bedroom we built.  It is the train layout room.  As you can see Shortman is a very industrial kid & the layout is not big enough for a railyard.  Oh & a play pool makes for a perfect indoor sand box.  If you have kids or a daycare this is the best thing a parent can do to keep kids busy.

The flooring we had installed I am in absolute love with it.  I find myself constantly looking at it & I've yet to get it mopped.

That house is awesome!  The fireplace is really cozy looking.  I like the light pine walls.  Is the floor tile or wood?   

Our internet is back.  Hopefully, the hurricane won't knock it out again.  :crazy:

Haha! I thought they were all of Shortman's room and I marveled at the size. I wondered about the kitchen, though. A sandbox inside? Are you sure? Does the fireplace produce heat?

Edited by jubal

LC the floor is a free floating laminate made by Mohawk.  I absolutely love the color.  We use the pine tongue & grove a lot.  Its perfect for covering bad walls.  Our depot interior is all pine & we even put it up in railcars.  The customer really like it.

Jubal Shortman believes the spaces should all be his.  As for the indoor sand box we have had one in some form or fashion for a good 5yrs.  He learned years ago to keep it in the box or else the box goes away.

So today we bought a new sofa & recliners.  It has a bear, canoe, fish design with a rustic red in the coloring.  They will be delivered tomorrow morning.

Then this after noon I bought a 6x9 area rug in red that should go great with the furniture.  Also got two 40x27 shelving units to go under the windows.  These were ordered on Overstock.  First time I've bought from them so fingers crossed its a good experience.  Been on Wayfairs site but they don't seem to have what I care for.  

After school we went to the farm to bring some things into town.  Took prints I believe that will work in some spaces.  We have a glass matted white tail print that I've always wanted to hang in a window.  Sadly it is a tad to big for the window I had in mind.  So found a wall it would look nice on.  He baby didn't seem to happy when a came to fond art work laying against walls.

Edited by RailroadWoman

RRW,  Like your new living area, looks very homey, I know you are not finished yet, but still it looks great.  Bet you have almost as much time in the thought process, as you do the actual preparation.  Just Makes me proud to know you. Best Wishes. PD

Ugh I was in a bad mood yesterday. Got my window ordered for my car though and hoping my landlord can get it in before the rain from the hurricane comes in. For now Ive wrapped the window in a thick clear shower curtain. The glass is trying to fall out but my taping job is holding lol. Its gonna all fall out in one piece while Im driving, I just know it. Worked from 5am - 5pm yesterday for the lab. Got to see a 20 week old fetus which was exceptionally cool and made my day. Small yet so perfect right down to his little toes and ears. Sad, precious, and cool all at the same time. Went home and got the horses fed, then peeled, cored, and cut up apples for apple butter til 10:00pm. Im working 5am - 1:30pm today so Ill toss the apples and spices in the crock pot when I get home. I know you guys leave your crockpots on and go off about your day, but it makes me a nervous nelly. I like to be at least close by.  Hopefully today will go by quickly. Im semi stressing about the horse show this weekend but I know the girls are going to do fine.

^^^Even if the show's a bust, it's a learning experience. And they'll remember it forever. I don't remember the shows that were uneventful but the disasters are firmly etched in my memory. There was the one where the curb chain wasn't attached correctly and the pony ran away with me. And the one when the lights went out and our mare got loose and was running pell mell around the dark fairgrounds! Things to talk about when you get old.

3 hours ago, jubal said:

^^^Even if the show's a bust, it's a learning experience. And they'll remember it forever. I don't remember the shows that were uneventful but the disasters are firmly etched in my memory. There was the one where the curb chain wasn't attached correctly and the pony ran away with me. And the one when the lights went out and our mare got loose and was running pell mell around the dark fairgrounds! Things to talk about when you get old.

We're going to the same place we did months ago. They did extremely well and are sitting second and third in series end points with just one show. It'll be fine Im sure.