When doing something like shows all the time there has to be an event to remember or you'll forget it.  We used to do special excursion trains all over Wisconsin.  Most I don't even remember but the one that something memorable happens you don't forget.  

QB the girls will do fine at the show.

Well we did it. The girls showed the minis despite the hurricane. I was working Thursday night when it swept into town. We werent prepared for this at all. We lost power at the hospital. Yes we have a generator, but its for emergency power only. Meaning our patient rooms were completely dark. The OR was in the middle of a case with very limited power. Our parking lot flooded with reports of cars under water. It was craziness. Roads were closed, the next shift couldnt make it in and lots of us didnt know if we'd make it home. I stayed late until someone was able to come relieve me. Driving home was even crazier. Trees down everywhere, I was white knuckled the whole way home. Thankfully I was able to follow a pickup truck from the hospital to the town I live in, I dont think I wouldve made it without whoever that was. No power at home but it was ok. My dogs had food and water, and we just hunkered down for the night. Friday was a beautiful cool calm day. I opened the windows and took full advantage of the cool fresh air. Nothing to do really but catch up on some sleep, and I was happy to do so. Only one gas station in town had power, there mustve been 50 cars there. Saw a car be pulled out of a creek. Loaded the dogs up later and drove over to the farm to check on things and of course everything was fine, just no power. Put some final finishing touches on the ponies just in case the show was still on and put them in the paddock. Went home that evening and started packing a bag to head to the hospital for a shower and food...and like a miracle, just as I picked up my bag the power came back on! Had a nice shower but had to drive a ways for food, everything was still a ghost town and without power. Checked facebook and by late evening the show grounds were reporting that the show was still on! We loaded up yesterday morning and had a wonderful day. My landlord (thier grandaddy) hauled us and stayed the whole time with us. He didnt complain, not once...I think he mightve even liked it just a little lol. I think he learned a few things too yesterday...I dont think he realized that his grand daughters were competing with grown adults twice thier age with professionally trained horses. We were all exhausted when we got back. The girls turned their ponies out while I quickly cleaned the trailer and then we parted ways for naps, lol. I picked them back up later that evening and we went and had pizza..and dessert. Fed horses in the dark and called it a night. Their mom got home late from work and sent me a text "you are the best!". Today, its lazy Sunday. Ive cleaned out the car and put everything away from the show. Now Im at the laundromat spending a small fortune. I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!

20181013_150531.jpg

20181013_150507.jpg

20181013_135343.jpg

20181013_101646.jpg

20181013_115713.jpg

20181013_101934.jpg

20181013_132134.jpg

20181013_124053.jpg

20181013_101928.jpg

QB, did you area know the storm was coming their way or they just didn't expect to get hit as bad?  Love the show pics.  I always love how minis have the look of "Well if I have to then I guess why not" look.   Was really good of your landlord to go along for the ride & show.  That pic of him leading is just to cute.

Just now, RailroadWoman said:

QB, did you area know the storm was coming their way or they just didn't expect to get hit as bad?  Love the show pics.  I always love how minis have the look of "Well if I have to then I guess why not" look.   Was really good of your landlord to go along for the ride & show.  That pic of him leading is just to cute.

We had no warning. We were totally prepared for the last one and got nothing...this one took us all totally by surprise. There are many people still without power. 

The pic of the landlord is my favorite. Says a lot about that man. The girls parents didn't even come. Thier mom was working ( although she knew about the show months ago and couldve taken off) and their dad was golfing. But there was grandaddy/landlord all day!

So...just checked in with the teen girls mom. I had wanted to take her to the show with us, but with power outages and not even being sure we were going in the first place..I didnt reach out to her. Welp, she wouldnt have been able to go anyway. She took a bunch of her moms meds and wound up in ICU and then a treatment facility. Shes home now and fine. I don't know if she did this for attention or what..but...ugh.

QB,  Sounds like you were through alot over a period  48 hours. I give you alot of credit for being there for those young ladies. You are a great role model,  be proud of yourself, just like you are proud of those girls & grandpa.  Best Wishes PD  :yay::yay:

Good for you for taking the girls to the show - what a great experience for them (and their grandpa!)!  Glad you were safe through the storm too!

My favorite pic is the one of the girls holding the mini's and looking through the arena fence.  I'm sorry about the Mom but very glad LL/G-Pa stayed all day.  

I was in Massachussetts last week! 
Sister and I went to Concord, MA for four days to visit with our Mother and relatives in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and do a little sight-seeing.  We visited w/ Mom every day, walked downtown Concord, visited the Concord Public Library and Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House but had to cancel our trip to Salem due to weather.  News was calling for flash floods along the coast and we decided not to chance it.  I had booked a private tour with Black Cat walking tours that would have been fun.  We'll have to do it on our next trip.  Sis and I are descendants of Giles Corey (through daughter w/ first wife) who was pressed to death at the Salem Witch Trials.

No automatic alt text available.

Our first stop, visiting w/ Mom
Image may contain: plant, tree, grass, shoes, flower, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: text

Headstones from the 1600s
Image may contain: tree, plant, grass, outdoor and nature

Daniel Chester French created this Melvin memorial "Mourning Victory" of three brother soldiers killed in the Civil War.  DCF is also the sculptor of the Lincoln Memorial statue in DC.
Image may contain: people standing, tree and outdoor

Louisa May Alcott
Image may contain: tree, plant and outdoor

Nathanial Hawthorne
Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Henry David Thoreau
Image may contain: plant, outdoor, nature and food

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Image may contain: grass, tree, outdoor and nature

It was so peaceful at Sleepy Hollow
Image may contain: plant, tree, flower, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, grass, shoes, table, flower, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, grass, flower, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

This is our favorite marker, it invited birds to drink and bathe.
Image may contain: grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: Heidi Young, shoes, tree, plant, hat, outdoor and nature

Queen, I thought I had posted congratulations to you and the girls, but don't see it. I see some second and third ribbons. What an accomplishment for their first year showing!

Heidi, thanks for posting your vacation photos. I love old graveyards! It's interesting that so many writers are buried there. There is a cemetery in Louisville that looks much like that one but dates only from the mid 1800's. People visit there for the beautiful grounds alone.

Too bad you couldn't visit the witchy place. Have you inherited any witch powers?

Heidi, thanks for taking us along on your trip.  To bad your walking tour got cancelled as that would have been neat to go on.  As you said, next time.  Going to guess that the fall colors were perfect during your visit?

Witch powers?  I don't know for sure.  My sister says I have Resting Witch Face, so maybe?!  LOL

The Fall colors were just starting to tune up so it was a perfect time of year to visit.  There were a lot of yellows, many oranges and a scattering of reds.

I could go for a morning nap.  Course morning nap just means going right back to bed after getting ready for the day.

So this year I started working on Shortmans costume rather early so I wouldn't be rushing at getting it done.  Well what a surprise I don't even have half of it ready.  Time to buckle down as the Halloween party is next Saturday.  No time crunching at all in this world.

Lucky Shortman. We always had to make our own costumes.

Finally got a good frost. I hope it's enough to stop the grass. The last time I cut it, I got the zero turn stuck in the ditch. Got the tractor to pull it out and it got stuck and was close to turning over on top of the zero turn. My neighbor brought his big tractor and his wife drove it.  He and I kept my tractor upright while she pulled it out of the ditch.  Such excitement! The funniest part was the next day, I got a homemade flyer for a lawn cutting service in my mailbox.

RRW,  I bet you are on the crunching end of many projects in a days time. Making Shortman's costumes is probably one that you might enjoy doing. I'll be looking forward to pictures.

jubal, glad you stayed upright with tractor, I flipped a tractor over once on almost level ground,  I'll spare you the details, as I have intentionally forgot them. As they weren't something I wanted to remember.

Heidi,  I enjoyed your pictures from MA.  you did an awesome job, each one told a story.  I thankyou for taking us along with you.  Best Wishes. PD

PD, I've been more careful with it lately because a person was badly injured in an overturn accident very near here this summer. It almost turned over without me on it, so I know it was close. I absolutely forbade my neighbor  getting on it and I'm glad I did.

Edited by jubal

jubal,  Granted acidents can happen way yo easily, & as we age our reflexes are not what they used to be.  I've had alot of close calls in my life, & I shouldn't be here, but I am. I guess the man upstairs isn't ready forb me yet. PD

Tomorrow we have a train robbery. One of the girls is coming and Im picking up the teenage girl too. Should be fun. After that we'll play at the farm if it isn't raining and talk about what goals we want to set with the horses this coming year.

QB, is there a spot at the robbery sight that your girl can hide  with the one of the ponies?  If you let customers off the train to see/pet the horses it would be perfect & they would LOVE the pony.

PD, the costume will get done & pics will be posted.  Just that one tries to have good intentions but then they flush away.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:43 PM, RailroadWoman said:

QB, is there a spot at the robbery sight that your girl can hide  with the one of the ponies?  If you let customers off the train to see/pet the horses it would be perfect & they would LOVE the pony.

PD, the costume will get done & pics will be posted.  Just that one tries to have good intentions but then they flush away.

Nope, the passengers aren't allowed off the train, just us desperados lol. 

Robberies are always fun but alot of work.

Had the farrier out this morning & boy was he a Chatty Charlie today.  So figuring as Im at the house might as well work on cleaning out some more.  Already got some bags ready for donation & others for trash.  Gonna have to get a bunch of storage totes to being boxing up keepable items.  I just dread having to clean out the downstairs as it is a huge mess. 

On the bright side of the day it is really nice & sunny.

RRW,  So you have a Chatty Charlie  farrier,  my farrier is a draft horse man, & not unusual for him to want to chat about some horse implement that he is redoing to use behind his team. That can be interesting, for a while. Lucky enough to be old enough to remember what those implements were.  So some advantages to being older. PD

Heidi what a beautiful job they had done.  

PD, half the time we just get talking about being business owners.  Mostly has to do with talking with someone who gets "it".  Then we talk about where one can go on vacation that a cell phone doesn't work.  I tell him he has to go to Canada & Bahamas.  He enlightened me  today that Colorado mountains have no service.

^^^ I went to a dude ranch in Wyoming that had no TV service. So probably, no cell service either. But it was in the 70's, so no cells yet, either.

6 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Heidi what a beautiful job they had done.  

PD, half the time we just get talking about being business owners.  Mostly has to do with talking with someone who gets "it".  Then we talk about where one can go on vacation that a cell phone doesn't work.  I tell him he has to go to Canada & Bahamas.  He enlightened me  today that Colorado mountains have no service.

RRW, I think it is a safe bet that there are places locally that have poor cell service, might quicker than going on a long trip. You might have to stand in one spot for a while to keep it.

9 hours ago, jubal said:

That's a unique idea. Is the Breyer supposed to be a Paso? It looks just like her pictures.

No, I think the Breyer is a Welsh pony stallion?  
It is the Brookside Pink Magnum model.  I just Googled and he is a section B welsh stallion.

The Peruvian model that Breyer has was too robust for dainty Reina so I chose this one and the artist changed the stallion bits into a mare for me.  I really liked the standing pose with the neck curled and head tucked.  And the mane was on the right side, LOL!

Heidi,   Very neat picture I liked the collage you put together,  you are talented at organizing a layout like that.  That always impresses me., & it is very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing,  much appreciated.   Now have you got time for a cat story?  I have a kitten born this spring, that is my shadow, when I'm outside,  I've been cutting & spilit firewood lately, that kitten always jumps on the block of wood I'm trying to spilit, I keep moving her back & forth, trying to stay ahead of her has gotten to be challenge. Haven't got a name for her yet, but trouble would be a good one. Got a white  neutered tom cat that showed up her a couple years ago, I call him Ivory, as I didn't want him called Snow or Whitey.  He is not afraid to ask for attention.  Thanks for listening, done with cattails now.

6 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

No, I think the Breyer is a Welsh pony stallion?  
It is the Brookside Pink Magnum model.  I just Googled and he is a section B welsh stallion.

The Peruvian model that Breyer has was too robust for dainty Reina so I chose this one and the artist changed the stallion bits into a mare for me.  I really liked the standing pose with the neck curled and head tucked.  And the mane was on the right side, LOL!

LOL! Breyers are anatomically correct?