That is really cool, Heidi!  She was a lovely mare.

How stupid would 5'4" person look on a 13.3 tough little Mustang?  We looked at a family horse yesterday.  Young, cute, and well put together.  He didn't feel like he was 13.3.  He is out of a Piute Reservation in Nevada.  No freeze brand because not BLM.

Edited by little cow

23 hours ago, jubal said:

Are there pictures?

The first 2 are the only ones I took. My cowgirl with her cap gun, which they dont make like they used to. And the teenage girl Haley and her boyfriend. He came along not knowing he was going to participate. He ended up wearing something totally different, gun belt and all. I had our ring leader outfit him. The rest of the pics were taken by someone else. I am in the last one as a saloon girl on the left of the pic.

20181020_084816.jpg

received_357239735047184.jpeg

FB_IMG_1540301595192.jpg

FB_IMG_1540301576999.jpg

FB_IMG_1540301570787.jpg

FB_IMG_1540301587767.jpg

FB_IMG_1540301530237.jpg

FB_IMG_1540301554970.jpg

FB_IMG_1540301543725.jpg

FB_IMG_1540301491378.jpg

Judging by the coats on the passengers, I bet you were pretty chilly.

Is that the cowgirl who was a behavior problem awhile back?

Those are neat pictures!  How many horses did you use?  Was the train actually moving?  Did the 'bad guys' stop the rain and get on?  Who held the horses?

QB its great that your group interacts with the customers & have a shootout on the ground.  We have ridden two different train robberies & was really hard to get excited especially after the production we used to put on for customers.  

LC, so long as the horse has the build it isn't silly at all.  Just think of how easy it will be to get on.  In our area it is really hard to find short horses.  I once looked at a horse that was just over 13 hands & was the perfect height for me.   There was no worry about him carrying an adult at he was a draft shetland cross.  Sadly it didn't work out with the purchase.

PD, your barn cats sound like mine.  Constantly getting in the way for attention.  What I have found works for a little while  it taking them by the scruff & gently tossing them.  Mine will run ahead of you while walking & lay out for a belly rub.  If you are not paying attention they will trip you up.  So I just started scooping them with my foot for a toss aside.

17 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

PD, half the time we just get talking about being business owners.  Mostly has to do with talking with someone who gets "it".  Then we talk about where one can go on vacation that a cell phone doesn't work.  I tell him he has to go to Canada & Bahamas.  He enlightened me  today that Colorado mountains have no service.

I have yet to find a location that there is no cell service. EXCEPT highway 2 between Ashland, WI and Superior, WI!! My cell worked in Ixtapa and our property 45 minutes south of there (the middle of NO WHERE), St. Kitts and Nevis, and South Africa, 4 hours north of Johannesburg where we were hunting in September. :) Cell will work in Canada and the Bahamas, but only if you are willing to spend $10 a day for coverage (which I am willing to pay...)  :)

Nope we are not going to pay extra.  Gives a reason for hubby to decompress from work for a little bit & then he can go bonkers once he has service again.

I had suggested a months stay at Green Turtle Cay & I thought hubby was about to tip over.  He wouldn't know what to do with himself for four weeks on an island that is 1 mile x 1/2 mile.

9 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Nope we are not going to pay extra.  Gives a reason for hubby to decompress from work for a little bit & then he can go bonkers once he has service again.

I had suggested a months stay at Green Turtle Cay & I thought hubby was about to tip over.  He wouldn't know what to do with himself for four weeks on an island that is 1 mile x 1/2 mile.

I could do a LOT of fishing!

49 minutes ago, farah said:

I have yet to find a location that there is no cell service. EXCEPT highway 2 between Ashland, WI and Superior, WI!! My cell worked in Ixtapa and our property 45 minutes south of there (the middle of NO WHERE), St. Kitts and Nevis, and South Africa, 4 hours north of Johannesburg where we were hunting in September. :) Cell will work in Canada and the Bahamas, but only if you are willing to spend $10 a day for coverage (which I am willing to pay...)  :)

Greenbank West Virginia has no cell service. Google why, lol

2 hours ago, jubal said:

Judging by the coats on the passengers, I bet you were pretty chilly.

Is that the cowgirl who was a behavior problem awhile back?

Yes it was chilly, but nice.  And yes, but shes been much much better.

6 hours ago, jubal said:

LOL! Breyers are anatomically correct?

Kinda?!  LOL  

Some have sheaths (geldings) and some have sheaths-n-testicles (stallions) and some have nothing (mares).  

PD, I loved your kitty stories.  Trouble sounds like a good name for the little girl.  I'd be afraid of splitting her while splitting the firewood!  And your tomcat sounds neat.  Our newest, Burt, is a flame-point and his body is ivory colored.  He isn't demanding but when you pet him he sure has a purr motor!

1 hour ago, little cow said:

Those are neat pictures!  How many horses did you use?  Was the train actually moving?  Did the 'bad guys' stop the rain and get on?  Who held the horses?

In many years past this was quite a production, with several horses etc. Nowadays we're just barely hanging on. Most of us are already on the train, interacting with the passengers. I'm accusing cowboys and passengers of stealing my stockings, and then trying to "hide" my 2 horse thieving girls from the sheriff. Our script is very on the fly...so much so that we're basically semi-organized chaos. The passengers never know just how unorganized we really are, lol. On this ride the train stopped about after an hour (used to be about 20 minutes) to let us off to do the gun fight. That's where the ONE horse came in with a few good guys. We get off the train and the gun fight begins. Theres usually more of us.

Edited by QueenBAW

Forgot to tell you guys that my landlord found time to bush hog the fields. With a few sprays of Showsheen (got it on sale!) in the horses tails, they arent picking up but a couple burrs. Yaay! 

On 10/23/2018 at 11:22 AM, QueenBAW said:

Greenbank West Virginia has no cell service. Google why, lol

That is so interesting!!!

Costume is done & have three days to spare.  He didn't want the bow tie.

Introducing a 1930's building engineer who developed the Zephar.

IMG_20181024_190054.jpg

RRW,  Awesome picture of shortman,  did he have some idea of what kind of costume he wanted, or did you pick it out. Great design.  have you ever made anything that you have used on your train rides? I got to believe you have used your talent in many different areas.  Most of my talents, are appreciation 0f other people talents. PD

This costume was 100% Shortman's idea.  Definitely not your typical kids request for Halloween.

Hubby is going to see if he will wear it to train fest in a couple weeks.  The railfans will get the meaning of the costume. 

RRW Hope he can wear it again, Got to give credit for knowing what he wanted.  What you going to call him as he gets older?  no doubt you've already found out kids do growup to fast. ANd make us old. PD

My MIL once said I couldn't call him Shortman once he is towering over me.  My reply was that I'm his mom & he will be Shortman till the day I die.

He can wear the shirt & vest for the school Christmas program.  It would look nice with black jeans.

RRW,  As he grows older,  others may call him by his real name, but he will look for short man from you all his life. That is neat & that is love.  PD

Funny you say that.  Growing up my parents always called me Snoop & to this day they still do.  It is that warm loving feeling like you said.

I love his costume and think that would be great for him to wear at the train festival.  

Husband had 10 teeth pulled yesterday!  Surprisingly, he's doing pretty well this morning.  I'll be going to the grocery store after work to pick up a wider variety of SOFT foods for him.