Danyel, I love the vest & managed to find a dark brown sweater turtle neck to go with it.  The broach with amber is a percect pairing.  I would still love to sew a fun fur vest when the perfect fur is found.  Then again we are in peak deer season.  To have a deer hide vest would be beautiful.

Jubal, costume jewelry is the best.  Have always loved grandma's jewelry box.  Another good place to shop costume jewelry is pawn shops.  I have a number of pieces from my grandmas & I wear them with the mood of the day.

RRW,  Like the new truck that you shortman & your husband got, that is neat,  Your new jewelry is nice also, plus it looks much better on you, than it would on me. Glad you get some rewards once in a while, as I know you work hard  & wear alot of different hats in a days time. Now you want to add more hat to wear Snow Plow Driver. I'll be waiting to see that one.  You can do it if you want to.  PD

Morning morning......Sorry no more coffee in the pot.  Just made enough for two cups today & it is all mine.

Today should be a good day.  The boys will be down to move some loveseats in for storage & while they are here going to have them move our mattress into the living quarters.  Hubby just brought the dresser drawers from the farm & just maybe later today the rest will be delivered.  We are almost moved in.

Those of you out east have fun with all that winter wonderland you are getting. 

Sounds like a good day.  Love the truck!  Do you earn money plowing for others?  

Speaking of food...

This lettuce recall is widespread.  Whole romaine lettuce, spring mixes, etc...  The last time this happened, I started making carrot based salads, instead of lettuce based.  They are very good and more filling, so you don't need to serve as much.  Here is the recipe, if anyone wants to use it for Thanksgiving:

-4-5 carrots, peeled and grated

-one whole cucumber, peeled and chopped into small chunks

-one chopped sweet pepper

-one package of blueberries (or dried cranberries)

-pine nuts or walnuts

-fresh feta cheese, chopped or crumbled into pieces

-vinaigrette dressing or just olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and spices.

Serves 5-6 people.

I added little tomatoes once, but they didn't add much.  I would use either sweet pepper or tomato, but not both.

Edited by little cow

Gads NO!!!  We have enough work with our own stuff don't need to be hiring out.  Anyways with that truck you could easily get township contracts but again talk about a pain.

Its official we are moved into the living quarters.  Got to sleep in my very own room for the first time in over a year.  Have a few more things to bring from the farm for organization but across the board we are in.  

Alright.....who had Christmas decor up already?  Shortman has been just chomping at the bit to put up a tree, so tonight I'm gonna let him put up the lobby tree at the motel.  Really don't like putting up before Dec 1 but if it will make a kid happy & give him something to do during vaca.  We are all for it.

Here is a questions for you.  How many people are you having over for dinner tomorrow?

I don't have to cook tommorow. My daughter-in-law and son are. I do have to bake pies and rolls. Going to be an easy day for me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

We wait until Advent but keep it all until Little Christmas.  I think it's the 2nd of December this year. 

Only six at our table tomorrow. I'm cooking.  

We have about 100 guests for the train this afternoon.  Hubby already headed up to get the day started & I have some work here before I go up to help.

Happy Turkey Lurkey Day to you all.  May you have a wonderful day celebrating with friends & family, or just kicking back to relax.

So we hardly ever have turkey.  Problem about having something that is seldom eaten one has a tenancy to over enjoy when it is available.  You know all those yummy little pieces of dark & white meat that sit in the bottom of the roaster of juice.  Yup, every time went through the kitchen had to pick out & eat those little bits from the bottom of the pan.

However, was smart this year & didn't have mashed tators.  Just had extra stuffing in place of the tators so don't feel guilty of over eating in that department.  But dang way to much turkey & now its time for a nap.

RRW,  I didn't have any turkey either,  went to Old Country Buffet in EauClaire, had a choice between Turkey steak roast beef & ham, I choose the ham, the dressing was awesome with some gravy. Took my daughter & grandson there along with my sister. We stood in line for 20-25 minutes, but well worth the wait. I paid as it was my turn cook & wash dishes. It was no effort at all. 

Do Hope Everybody Had a Good Turkey Day.  Best Wishes.  PD

Oh ham is always good.

PD seems you did a good job cooking you dinner this year. Nice part about going out is no work so you can enjoy the DAT with family & friends.

Was anybody crazy enough to shop the really early sales?  I try to do most of all my shopping online.  Enjoy my sleep to much.

PD, we went to a Turkey Day buffet for years. Then the restaurant that had it closed. What a shock! So now we order a catered meal from a local fruit market. It's good and easy but not as good as the buffet was. And there are still dishes. But there are leftovers, at least.

jubal,    That is neat that you can order it catered,  if you have leftovers then it is worth the effort to wash dishes.  I have a dishwasher, that I seldom use.  Glad you still had great meal. Take Care.   PD

We had a great time yesterday with my son and family. My DIL is a great cook. The granddaughters were both home from college. They are so funny. I just loved hearing the laughter and teasing going on.

A lot of deli's do the pre order turkey dinner to go.  I've also know some people who have ordered their holiday dinner from Boston Market & said it was really good.

My turkey day was a bust, but at least I got to spend time with my brother and his wife and kids. No turkey for us...long story short, it came out raw lol. Back to work today, and the weekend. 

QB sounds like it will be the holiday the family will not forget.  Next year as you are all eating a good meal someone will say. "Remember when"

5 hours ago, QueenBAW said:

My turkey day was a bust, but at least I got to spend time with my brother and his wife and kids. No turkey for us...long story short, it came out raw lol. Back to work today, and the weekend. 

No fair! We need details.

The bright side of life today is you don't have to shovel rain.  The last two days have been like spring May weather & we will take it as long as possible.

Beautiful day here! It is 72 right now. 

I did a small amount of shopping today. Just in town at the small stores. I did buy myself a pair of driving moccasins. 

Its always fun to stop in the small shops as you never know what you are going to find.  Oh & if you find something you really like buy it as they may never have it again.  Couple years ago a local arts shop had brown sheepskin hides.  To this day regretting no buying two of them.

RR, we have a few real unique shops in town. One has still has the old unfinished wood floors and the original counter. They don't take credit cards or debit cards. Cash or check only.

I spent a good portion of the day repairing my horse's hoof boots and adding gaiters to them.They must have been designed by a man. A  woman would never come up with something that difficult to assemble!

No different that it must have been a man that decided bar codes should be on the bottom of the boxes.  Dang there should be a bar code on all sides top & bottom.  Make for easy scanning at the store.