QB, lucky you were home.  There is a tendency for water heaters & furnaces going crapping out when on vacation.  

Nothing going on here today.  Planning a few early Christmas meals that we will be having with the families.  Always find it fun to figure out what we are to have then looking for the recipes.

No snow at my place this morning so off to work I went. Its dumped snow all day and now Im afraid I cant make it home. Im only upset because my Bennie girl has been in her crate all day. She has water in her crate but no food. She never eats the food I put in her crate (she waits til I get home to eat) so I stopped putting it in there. Now I wish I hadve put food in her crate this morning. Crossing my fingers that my landlord can go let her out to potty and eat, but he may not be able to get out either.  

54 minutes ago, noponies said:

You need someone with a chained-up 4WD

My brother said he would come get me but hes 2 hours away, lol. Not taking the chance of him getting stuck\hurt. Not worth it. 

QB,  Sorry that snow is a problem today, I understand your concern about your critters, & not being able to be there like you want. But also a 4WD, not enough either. Once you've had one you wouldn't be without either. I hope everything is well, when you get home. Best Wishes.  PD

I made it home! It wasnt easy but I made it. About an hour before I got home my cowgirl and her mom made it to my place and let my pups out to potty. She texted me to let me know that silly Bennie had escaped but they were able to lure her back in the house and her crate lol. Ive never been so happy to be home. Wish I could get rid of this nasty sinus infection, hopefully my doctors office will be open tomorrow. Ive had a shower and cleaned up the house some. Now Im gonna crash on the couch and watch the Grinch.

QB,  Glad you made it home safely, & you had friends to help you get your dogs out & so you had less stress & less mess to deal with. So rest now & enjoy the Grinch.Take Care & Best Wishes. PD

Adventure time!!!!!

So today we are traveling to Cottage Grove MN to see the Canadian Pacific holiday train.  Shortman was called in at school, Odie & George also came along.

The spot the train stopped at was wide open for visibility & the band played great.

IMG_20181210_175054.jpg

IMG_20181210_174750.jpg

IMG_20181210_175231.jpg

IMG_20181210_174807.jpg

IMG_20181210_180346.jpg

IMG_20181210_171900.jpg

We were planning on see the train at Union Station in St Paul but resided not to as you wouldn't be able to see it as good.

This is a skyline pic of St Paul & if you look closely you can see the train.

IMG_20181210_190406.jpg

Jubal, believe this one started in Kansas but don't remember the final stop.  This one travels the US & they have one travel across Canada.  Last Thursday it was in my hometown of Swift Current Sask.  My aunt would have been able to see it from her front window as it traveled through her itty bitty community.

Hubby said we could do something with lights.  I just rolled my eyes & shook my head.

That looked so beautiful!  I'll bet it was a sight to behold and I can only imagine the ideas it gave to your husband.

Heidi, my husband doesn't need anymore suggested "bright" ideas.  He does just fine on his own.

Highly recommend that if you are in the area of the route for the CP holiday train it is well worth going to see.  We wanted to go a couple years ago when it was in Tomah WI but we couldn't make the it work.  The band they had traveling with the train was really good.

In a couple of weeks are going on an adventure to the Sun Shine state.  I'll take you all along on some of that adventure, however, don't be surprised if it involves trains.  :rolleye0014: