Would really recommend the ham.  They are really hard to screw up.  If you wanted to do a whole chicken I have a very easy oven roasted chix recipe if you like.  If I have time tomorrow/remember I'll look it up & post it for you.

I had a good Xmas with my brother and his family yesterday. He and his wife suprised the heck outta me with a season pass to the theater group I frequent, AND tickets to the murder mystery dinner the theater group is having in Feb..its not included in the season pass. Im so excited and cant wait for the season to start!

My brother also included a letter from Ancestry.com...confirming that he and I are indeed full siblings. Mystery and heartache solved.

2 hours ago, QueenBAW said:

My brother also included a letter from Ancestry.com...confirming that he and I are indeed full siblings. Mystery and heartache solved.

NICE that you finally get to know for sure!  

QB,  Great that you had a good Christmas, I think it is great that you now have closure on who your father is.  Just want to say you are a young lady with a big heart, & also a giving heart. These young ladies you mentor, will always remember how you have been there for them, with words of correction, & many more words of encouragement.  The only thing I will ask of you, is to never second guess yourself, as a person, & as a neat young lady, that I am proud to post with here. Love & Best Wishes. PD

QB, what a wonderful gift of season tickets.  Always nice when people give that one item that truly fits the recipient.  However, I'd say the best gift of all is that you & your brother are full siblings.  My guess is if the outcome was different it would never change the family bond you have with him.

So at some point today we are heading out. All signs of Christmas decorations are back in storage, laundry is getting done as fast as humanly possible, cloths are ready to be packed.  Not sure what pants to pack seeing as this past week has done a number on the old waist line.  Guess no big deal 2-3 days on the vaca will take care of that little problem.  Managed to get Shortman to put his stuff away & pick up his room.  It is a good thing that mom's have the ability to deflect the old evil eye from children to seethe having to do what they are told.  Especially picking up. 

LC hubby has a calendar for where & when we are to be.  With gov shut down we will have one free day when we are to visit NASA.  Hubby is sick with a bad chest cold, told him we need a nice sunny beach for him to breath in salt air.  Our friend who live here swears the benefits of sea water

^^^There may be something to that. In ancient times, people who worked in salt mines never had lung disease, so it became part of the folklore. I just bought a salt lamp but I haven't noticed a benefit yet.  But I would think a day on the beach would be good for anything that ailed anybody. I'm looking forward to photos of Sanibel.

^^^My son just spent a week at the beach in Antigua. The breakout across his knuckles cleared up from the salt water. He had been to the doctor and was using a prescription cream that didn't work. He is convinced the salt water healed it.

I use a oil salt scrub made in the keys.  Only use it fall & winter.  Boy it is great at leaving your skin soft.

Disney is on the schedule tomorrow.

Jubal, I got a salt lamp for a Christmas gift.  Not sure if it will have health benefits but it is beautiful lit up.  Gives off a nice glow.

1 hour ago, noponies said:

Its 11 degrees at Churches Corner  Station right now. Wish you were here, hehe.

Not on your life! It was close to 70 here today. Tonight will be different, though.

PD, are you snowed in?

3 hours ago, jubal said:

PD, are you snowed in?

jubal,  We had a couple inches of snow yesterday AM, then temps warmed up to above freezing, & then we got rain.  So most of the snow we had in AM, was washed away, every drop of rain we had was a snowflake we didn't have to move. That was good, & I saved some diesel fuel in the process.

RRW,  Shortman, look like he is in his element,  nice to green grass & colorful flowers in back ground. I take for granted that was taken south of Spooner some place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for a great picture.  PD

Downside of having vaca during a holiday is Disney is like one giant ant coloney of people.  We did manage to get on some rides & shows.  Will have to say the 3D show makes you ask how did they do that.  So here are some random pics.  Oh I love how the river boat night PUC turned out.

IMG_20181228_111929.jpg

IMG_20181228_153923.jpg

IMG_20181228_154020.jpg

IMG_20181228_194918.jpg

9 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

jubal,  We had a couple inches of snow yesterday AM, then temps warmed up to above freezing, & then we got rain.  So most of the snow we had in AM, was washed away, every drop of rain we had was a snowflake we didn't have to move. That was good, & I saved some diesel fuel in the process.

RRW,  Shortman, look like he is in his element,  nice to green grass & colorful flowers in back ground. I take for granted that was taken south of Spooner some place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for a great picture.  PD

I saw the foot of snow in MN and confused it with WI. Glad you didn't have to dig out. I think the tractor place finally fixed the problem with my tractor steering freezing up, so I'm ready if it happens. But I'm hoping for an unusually warm winter. It's time!

RRW, great photos. I didn't see Disney World in the dark. It's much more impressive! And probably a lot more fun with other people than alone, which I did.

Jubal what is nice about going alone is window shopping & not having someone in your ear ask to go.  I could spend the day just looking in the shops.  They are an attraction on their own.

Thanks PD.

Jubal if you are wondering about the weather PD & I get at home it isn't lasting long. Next two weeks are to have upper 20s to low 30s.  For January these are spring like temps.  Typically 5-10 above is a heatwave.

What is scary is it will most likely be a dry summer.  When we have mild winter generally followed dry 

Today's adventure has started early.  Post pics for you all as we wait 90 min to see an attraction.  

The smaller the deer the yummier it is.

I absolutely love seeing poinsettia planted every where

IMG_20181229_121217.jpg

IMG_20181229_121256.jpg

IMG_20181229_121334.jpg

RRW,  Thanks for the color  in background.  Neat picture of you & short man. Thanks again for sharing. Enjoy the weather & the trip. PD

Night shot of the big golf ball.  In the German village they had a garden scale model train.

Oh & go figure all my souvenirs where bought in Canada.  We had a really nice lunch in Germany, however consumed no beer.  The Canada booth had a cold coffee whiskey drink that would taste really good about now but I'd have a had time swallowing the cost.

IMG_20181229_211049.jpg

IMG_20181229_161603.jpg

I bought a bunch of salt lamps and put them around the house. ( I understand you need one for ever so many square foot).

I am cautiously optimistic that they really help with sinus issues. I am allergic to several different kinds of trees and grasses as well as horse dander. My allergy to horses was mostly cleared up with shots but the allergy to molds makes my sinus act up when I try to rake leaves or work in the woods (underbrushing the woods) I do feel that I am much better now that I have salt lamps all over my house. My sinus still drain some but not choking bad like they used to!