6 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

I'll check in this evening to see how you/he are doing.  *good thoughts for Mr. Butters*

This horse is gonna be the death of me, or a mental breakdown. 

Good news! Hes up tonight, met me at the gate for dinner and even tried to plow through me at the gate. Hes his ol self. He ate his dinner (I fed him light tonight) and was working on his hay when I left. Ill go back down to turn him back out in about a half hour. Ill update again after that.

Just put him back out. He was still up and munching a few pieces of hay that was left over from last night. Hes his usual self tonight. Ill actually sleep tonight. Thanks for listening guys!

Between him and the hay someone is going to find me in a corner rocking back and forth!

Meanwhile at work, I just wheeled a little old lady into say her goodbyes to her husband. Hes a patient of mine expected to expire in a day or so, and shes a patient on the other end of the hall. I would feel terrible if he expired without her seeing him one last time. So today, I have her camped out in his room, holding his hand and talking to him although he can't respond. Originally I had 6 patients to care for today, I dont mind one more.

Edited by QueenBAW

Good for you, Queen.

About the hay, I'd forget it and just feed more pellets or cubes. Pellets are supposed to be easier to chew and digest anyway. Here's another good article about seniors. Feed section is closer to the end.

2 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Here is a synopses of what critterS make us do sometimes:

:bang_head: 

:shocked:

:o

:thud:

:twitch:

:confused0024:

What they make us do  best...........:crazy:........drive us to CRAZY TOWN ON A ONE WAY BUS!!!!!

You forgot the crying part when they leave us......

2 hours ago, jubal said:

Good for you, Queen.

About the hay, I'd forget it and just feed more pellets or cubes. Pellets are supposed to be easier to chew and digest anyway. Here's another good article about seniors. Feed section is closer to the end.

It takes a LOT of pellets to keep them full enough to avoid ulcers.  Cubes are good, if you have time to soak and feed them several times a day. Yes, ulcers again.

QB, when I worked nursing homes it affected me more to see the personal attachment of families with loved ones.  Otherwise I did fine & can't tell you how many people I told it was ok to pass on & that your family here would understand.  It is so hart warming to know the level of care & thought you give your people.  Don't see it very often anymore.

Guess who saved us a lot of cookie calories?  If you guessed Mr Odie you would have won a homemade cookie, however, that cookie had been consumed.

So this afternoon we made chocolate chip & peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  They turned out really yummy & while they were cooling  on the counter someone decide he should eat them.

I hope Mr. Butters is toning down the drama a bit.  It's tough to see them not adjusting as they age.  I hope you find a solution that works soon.  Our old fellow, Andy, ate just wet senior feed towards the end.  It kept him in good weight and health for his last years.  His teeth weren't effective anymore, so he would chew the softest hay, but leave wads of it on the ground and have the runs.  We finally just switched to an all feed diet and he was happy for those last few years.  At the end, he was put down due to melanomas blocking his digestive system (grey horse curse).    

Edited by little cow

I hope the cookie thief isn't suffering any ill effects from his adventures.  

Still doing a horse search.  The Paso Finos I looked at were neat, but too forward for our son to ride.  Checking out a cute Mustang mare today.  

Mr. Butters is doing fine. He ate more of his hay last night than he ever has. With that said Im buying another compressed bale this evening.

Oh, and the landlord "apologized".

QB, good that Mr Butters has got his zest for food again.

Wish I could say someone didn't have so much zest for food in my household.  Never had a dog before that was a bad snitch.  Lest just say the cookies have really slowed Odie down.