Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heidi n Q

Does anyone have an iPod and know how the dang thing works?

5 posts in this topic

I am so frustrated.  

I have an iPod and an iTunes account.  I have both purchased music from iTunes and downloaded music from CDs on my computer on the iPod.  My problem stems from not understanding how I can purchase music from iTunes, it shows up in the folders list of my iPod but then doesn't show up when I plug the iPod into my car.  Also, I have purchased music from iTunes, it DOES'T show up in my iPod folders list, but DOES show up when I plug it into my car.  

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?

I don't know how to resolve it and trying to search online to ask my question is only leading me to dead ends, but I will continue to search as I await anyone responding here.

May be best to call into apple and talk to them. Apple products can be so finicky sometimes and it is a real PITA. Good luck 

Well, I also posted on FB and one of my friends mentioned "syncing" so I Googled and YouTubed and just kept poking around in my folders and iTunes account until I discovered I could "autofill" and it would automatically load what I had recently purchased onto my iPod.  

I've written it down in my password folder so I don't forget.

Sounds like you didn't sync it to your iTunes account.

Eta; disregard..guess I need to read everything first.

Edited by PinkTractor

I don't think I did sync my iPod to iTunes.  I think I selected to do it manually.  When I clicked on auto syncing, it stated something about removing everything and replacing it with my list in iTunes, but I didn't want to lose the music I had loaded from my home computer.